Sleep Well

Dreamcatcher

 

 

 

Seungyoon is always ready for any kinds of scandal. He always goes to sleep while imagining his manager shaking him early in the morning saying just hit the fan. But no matter how ready he is, it always took him by surprise.

 

"This doesn't even make sense!" Seunghoon hissed.

 

Seungyoon read the article over and over, and soon he's losing his patience because none of the accusations made actual sense. Not even a single fiber of it. And Seungyoon hates how these kinds of things drag on their feet, grasping it blue.

 

"He's not answering his phone, Seungyoon-ah.." Seunghoon said.

 

"The line is busy. Manager Hyung is probably talking to him right now." Seungyoon responded, his voice cold.

 

Seunghoon sighs.

 

"It's okay hyung, this will dry out eventually. It's not like it's true anyway, let's just stay low." Seungyoon said, trying to calm Seunghoon when his head is in a mess too.

 

Jinwoo just nods. They just got back, tired and in need of some quality sleep. But certain people out there decided it's a good time to make a preposterous rumor and make their life harder than it already is. And the rumor just had to be one that makes your heart clench and disturbed. Maybe they simply didn't think how their words could affect Mino. Seungyoon felt like small knives rain through his heart when he read people's comments and he hates how much worse Mino must be feeling about this. He tried to call earlier, but his line is still busy. He sent texts but Mino hasn't responded yet. He wanted to run to his flat but he knew better than to approach Mino unwantedly. He likes to stay alone sometimes. So Seungyoon held back even when it feels like every second waiting is burning him.

 

Seungyoon opens his Instagram and read some hateful words already spat towards Mino in his account.

 

"Come on, seriously?" Seungyoon muttered under his breath.

 

It's truly soothing to see some fans tried to give Mino sweet encouraging comments. But Seungyoon can't tell if Mino even opens his phone for any social media right now.

 

"Seungyoon-ah, go take a bath," Seunghoon's head pops up from his room, finding Seungyoon still frowning at his phone.

 

Seungyoon looks up from his phone and hums a yes.

 

Maybe he should. Let the warm waters calm his nerves. Soon Seungyoon is submerged under the lukewarm water on his bathtub. He countdown from 10 and let his ears hear nothing but the water's movement. He brings his head up and let out a sigh.

 

'What are you doing now?' Seungyoon thought.

 

'Have you eat yet?'

 

Seungyoon's phone vibrates on the counter beside the tub and Seungyoon hurriedly dries his hand with the towel hung beside him. Seungyoon took the phone and he's massively disappointed when the manager is the one calling him. He picks up the call anyway, he has to.

 

"Yes, hyung?"

 

"Seungyoon-ah, I've called Mino. The company is handling this, don't worry. No need to publish any response about this, alright?"

 

"Understood," Seungyoon answered, his eyes looking to the ceiling.

 

"Take care of the members especially Mino."

 

Of course he would, Seungyoon thought. He just doesn't know what to do when Mino still needs his alone time. It's something they promised between them. Don't step in each other's line when you're still unstable. Last time they did, it only resulted in a big fight. Unstable minds and temperament clashing, ripping more unneeded scars.

 

A message pops up from Jinwoo, 'Are you not coming to him? He's not talking to me. I'm already at Seunghoon's room. '

 

Seungyoon sighs.

 

'I will later.'

 

Seungyoon rests his head and closes his eyes. He missed him. There is nothing he wouldn't trade for hugging him right now. Then his phone buzzed, signaling a message. Seungyoon took his phone once more, hoping but not so much.

 


But it's really Mino this time, asking 'Can you come here?'

 


Soon Seungyoon is already wearing a black hoodie and grey sweatpants standing in front of Mino's door. He basically wears anything he could get ahold of quickly. He walks fast to Mino and Seunghoon's flat a few floors under his. He presses in the passkey and gets inside. Mino is nowhere to be seen and Seungyoon already guessed he's probably in his room. He walks past the dark flat into his room and knocks four beats on the door. A signal he and Mino promised to signify each other's presence. Seungyoon opens the unlocked door to see Mino sitting on his bed, his camera on his hands.

 

Seungyoon walks up to him and sits on the bed facing Mino. He doesn't say a thing, waiting for Mino to talk instead. Mino keeps on fumbling on his camera, and by the movement of his hand, it seems like he's deleting a lot of pictures.

 

"I unfollowed everyone."

 

Was what came first out of his mouth and Seungyoon only hums.

 

Mino falls quiet again.

 

Something is worse than Seungyoon's prediction and he can already feel it.

 

"For a split second.. did you believe it?"

 

Seungyoon's heart drops.

 

"No. Why would you even think that?"

 

Mino smiles bitterly, eyes still not meeting Seungyoon.

 

"I don't know," Mino said.

 

"Stop reading the hate comments, you know better than to ponder on their words."

 

"You read those, though. Didn't you say it was for introspection?"

 

"I don't introspect on false rumors, Mino."

 

Mino sighs. Seungyoon is itching to hug him. He wants to touch him. Make him feel something warm in his cold room. Mino didn't even turn on the heater.

 

"I'm sorry," Mino whispers, finally looking at Seungyoon.

 

"Don't be."

 

Seungyoon put a hand to the back of his neck, giving light pressures to his fingertips. Seungyoon leans closer hesitantly at first, wondering if Mino would pull away. But he didn't and Seungyoon closes the gap between their lips. Mino kisses him back and Seungyoon could feel his body relaxing little by little. Seungyoon pulls away first.

 

"Don't worry. This will pass sooner or later."

 

Mino smiles tiredly and rests his forehead on Seungyoon's shoulder. Seungyoon his head softly while his other arm circles behind his neck.

 

"You eat yet?" Seungyoon asked.

 

"Nope."

 

"Want to get deliveries?"

 

"Alright."

 

They ate a late dinner and Seungyoon managed to make Mino slightly laugh once. Better than nothing, he thought. Mino told him about his weird dreams these past few days and Seungyoon suddenly remembers a picture of a dreamcatcher he took a few days ago. He started scrolling his gallery and eventually finds the picture. He looks at the picture and wishes the magic in it, if it's even true at all, to give them both some good night sleep. That's the one thing Seungyoon knows can help Mino. Mino gets back to the room to turn on the heater while Seungyoon cleans the table. Seungyoon enters the room to see Mino looking down at his phone again. He was about to nag at him, telling him to put it away when Mino looks up with a rather cheery face.

 

"They can be really sweet, you know." Mino shows him his phone.

 

It shows a train of comments from the fans, all sending love and care for Mino. Seungyoon smiles.

 

"I know, right. They never lied when they said they were gonna stay."

 

Mino chuckles and puts away his phone. He tugs on Seungyoon's wrist, asking him to lay on the bed. Seungyoon sleeps on his side, Mino spooning him.

 

"If the rumor doesn't go down, I really don't know how to handle it," Mino said. "You know what really bothers me? What if the Bandal friends' parents hear about this and--"

 

Mino couldn't finish his sentence.

 

"YG will take care of it. The company is not weak, you know. Besides, there are a lot of people out there realizing this issue is stupid and made-up. And about the kids," Seungyoon turns his head slightly, "Come on, they know you better than that."

 

Mino smiles and nuzzles his face to Seungyoon's neck.

 

"I guess so."

 

Seungyoon his thumb on Mino's hand on his stomach.

 

"Get some sleep. We need it."

 

They fell asleep on each other's arm, the bitter reality they had to endure sipping away temporarily and give them some chance to rest. One thing for sure, Mino felt better. And if tomorrow things become worse somehow, at least Seungyoon is around. They'll handle this.