1/1

That time when we have no work for tomorrow

It was Saturday night. I just came back from work. Yeah, I was working on a Saturday because there's a festival coming up and I needed to make an extra work because there were some problem with one of the performers.

I remember opening my locked door, taking my shoes off and putting it on top of the shoe rack. It was dark as expected because I did just get off from work. But when I came in, there's Jongin unexpectedly sitting on the sofa in my living room, in front of the TV. His legs were up on the the sofa, crossed as usual, since he doesn't like his feet to get cold.

As soon as I saw him, his eyes changed direction from his phone to me and said, "Welcome home, baby," he smiled, "I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here and non of the lights are on. The answer is: I'm too lazy and tired to do anything. I just come here so I can see you. I locked the door because that way I don't have to worry if there's someone uninvited coming in."

He put down his phone on the sofa beside his sit. "I know. But tell me, how are you planning to see me when the lights are out?" I asked while walking my way to the switch, turning on the lights.

"You know I could see you even when it's dark," he answered and I turned myself facing him. He gave me a meaningful smirk. I could only glare at him.

I put down my cream-colored blazer from my arm to the dining chair's backrest. I walked my feet towards him and sat beside him on the sofa. "I'm sorry you have to wait so long. You should've told me you came. I was in the office today. I've texted you already, haven't I? I was planning to sleep in the office. Lucky you, I'm craving some ice cream, so I decided to go home," I said to him as I laid my head down his lap and had my feet up dangling on the sofa's arm.

"Didn't you hear me speaking just now? I just come here to see you. Today's work is also very tiring for me. I need my dose of you, you know? And, I already sent you a telepathy that I'm going to be home," his face was so close on top of me and his lips were forming into his infamous sheepish smile, the kind where you look ridiculous with your teeth showing.

"You know you're lucky you're so good looking that that cheesy comment kinda sounded okay coming out of your mouth? Plus, is your power changing from teleporting to Luhan oppa's?"

"I know. Thank you and maybe, since the owner is not in the EXO Planet anymore. The greater God wants me to have it for extra power," he then faced upfront, away from my direction, chuckling. His left hand started playing with my hair.

"Who's the one who made you work in a day off anyway? The AOMGs? Or other artists? Crush? And why is your work always doing hip-hop or indie festivals? Your boyfriend is in the opposite genre, baby. I wanna see you at work, too," I couldn't see his face but I knew for sure that he's saying that pouting.

Jongin is a member of K-Pop boyband called EXO. EXO Planet was his band's concept. Apparently, he's some kind of a God or alien, I don't know. He never explained me properly about it, he said it's too embarrassing. He's cute, huh? I know. And yeah, he's in a whole different world from my work where I always do music festivals for Korean Hip-Hops, R&Bs and Indies. Well, not always, sometimes I do get the Pops. But hey, they're pretty famous in the Worldwide society these days, too, you know?

"You've seen me at work, Jongin. If that's not the case then we wouldn't be together right now, right? Besides, it's better like this. That way we don't have extra topic to argue about," my right hand reached out his face to face me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

We always got into argument whenever we got a chance to and it's always about little (stupid) stuff, like who gets to have the last piece of chicken, where should we get coffee, anything stupid basically. "It was Hong Dabin, DPR Live, I think he needs to cancel his performance because he thinks he will be stuck in Mongolia until next week because the weather is bad. He has to reschedule his flight," his eyebrows went up, the expression of confused Jongin. "He's visiting his friend there. I think that will be his next music video. He's working on an album right now."

His lips made the 'aaa..' shape, "I like you know so much about this kind of music, the nonmainstream ones. It kinda makes you look y."

I laughed, "What the hell? That doesn't make any sense," I shaked my head, "Actually, the news isn't out yet. You know I'm friends with Dabin, right? We went to school together in Guam and lived in the same neighborhood, too. His house was right beside mine. We're neighbors, practically best friends."

His head went down facing me in a split second after hearing my explanation, his eyes went wide, "Huh?! Nu-uh," his head shaking.

"I have. And don't you dare do some jealous antics now. You're cute when you do that, but I can't deal with that right now. I'm so not in the mood," I got up and gave his cheek a peck.

"I'm gonna get my ice cream now. Do you wanna share a chocolate chip with me or have your own strawberry?"

His face lit up just like that, what a kiddo. "Anything you want. Just make sure it's one bowl and two spoons. I wanna do the dishes, but don't give me too much," his voice was half-screaming since I had myself on the other side of my apartment. Spoiled brat, I thought chuckling.

"Baby, are you going to work again tomorrow?" he continued the half-screaming talk.

"No, why? Are you?" I replied the same way.

"Same. Then can we have a movie night? Or anything. I wanna watch something while eating that ice cream. It will be such a waste to not having it with nothing to watch," I came back from the kitchen bringing a bowl full of cookies and cream ice cream and two teaspoons, just like he asked me to. Yes, I do keep tons of flavors in my fridge because I'm a millionaire if it comes to ice creams.

"Okay, let's watch anime. There's this anime that I-," I said as I made myself comfortable again on the sofa beside him, still with the bowl in one hand, and he cut me off, "No! I want to watch thrillers..." He took the bowl from my hand.

"Didn't you say you want to watch anything, honey?" I said emphasizing the 'anything' part and gave him a 'what the hell?' look.

"Yeah... But our last watching-something party was also anime. Don't you wanna watch something else? Aren't you tired of anime? You always watch anime..." he said it pouting, again.

"You do know that your aegyo trick doesn't work on me? I'm your girlfriend, not one of your crazy-lady-fans," I smiled at him, but not the happy smile, the sarcastic one.

He got up from the sofa, brought his phone and the bowl with him and went to the dining chair where I put my blazer on. He put the bowl down the dining table and said, "Fine. Watch what you want." He then turned his attention to his phone, putting his legs up the dining table. Sighs, didn't he say he come here to see me? Jongin will always be Jongin. On screen, he's always so smiley-smiley yet looking cold at the same time. He almost never showed any emotions beside the grateful expression to his fans. This side of him, the side where he pouts and gets cranky just because of small things because that is how spoiled he is, he could only do this in front of his family... and me.

When I first met him, we came across each other at the backstage of a K-Pop Festival in New York two years ago. He just smiled and then continued his way to his room to change for his next performance. I was the stage manager for the festival. It was that time when it's almost EXO's performance. The whole situation of backstage was so chaotic because there were some unexpected technical issues with one of the electricity sources, I didn't let EXO up the stage because of it and made the MCs did some extra talking on the stage.

After the electricity problem was fixed, I went to where EXO was and told them that they could go. Jongin was in the middle of the line to go up the stage. While he was climbing the stairs, running, he accidently tripped on one of the cables. After all that problem with the electricity and I still got some leftovers of my previous panic over it, I yelled at him in Korean, "Hey! Be careful with the cables!"

What I thought back then was that I didn't want anymore problem with the electricity or someone being injured and couldn't do their performance after. He was shocked by my yelling. It was so loud. If the audience weren't screaming so loud, they would probably hear it then kill me for yelling at their oppa. After showing his shocked face, his face turned straight and bowed at me saying, "I'm sorry," in Korean, too, then he went upstairs walking with his eyes down looking out his way. I remember hearing his chain jiggling because he walked fast to keep up with the other members. If I'm not mistaken, the song they were performing was 'Monster'.

After the rundown for the day was over, I went to EXO's room in intention of apologising to the 'cable guy'. Instead, the cable guy asked me, of course in Korean since his English isn't good (at all), "Miss, do you work here? Or are you with the Korean crew? If it's possible, if you don't mind, I would like to take you for some coffee for an apologise?"

I was still working in America back then, but I was in the middle of moving back to Korea after Dabin told me that he had a friend who worked in an agency that's working on music festivals that needed extra employee. I decided to accept Dabin's offer because he said that the music festival his friend's working were mostly the indie stuff and Dabin knew that that's what I like. Plus, it's in Korea, it's good to be back in my homecountry. So, I told him that I would be moving to Korea soon and I would like to have that when I got back to the country.

After that, it's just us together doing random things. He became my always-go-to comfort and I also became his. We became our raw selves whenever we're together and we're the only one who know that side of each other. It's mainly because my family is still in Guam and his is in Sukcheon. We only have each other in Seoul.

I followed him to the dining table and sat on it in front of him, "Baby, we could watch Erased or Death Note? Or maybe do you want Attack on Titan? It's gore and definitely thriller. What do you say?" I reached out for his hand and he stopped playing with his phone.

He looked up and gave me a faint smile, "Alright."

I returned his smile, "Weren't you the one who say that you only came here to see me?" I asked jokingly.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever. Let's just watch Erased now, I haven't watched that. And the ice cream is melting," he said while picking up the bowl then went straight to the sofa.

He's so cute, I thought.

I followed him then plopped myself to the sofa beside him. I put my legs up his crossed legs and picked up the spoon inside the bowl. "Hurry! The remote is beside you. You do the TV!" I told him while having the half-melted ice cream from the bowl in his hand. He just glared at me and did what I said.

I like how I always win when it comes to picking something to watch because he knew my choice always became his favorite. This random things we're doing have always been what comfort me since I knew him. I just hope that that will always be the case for us.