The Tip of the Iceberg

This is N.Flying

A high-pitched scream rang inside N. flying's dorm causing everyone to drop what they were doing and run towards the living room. Yoo Hweseung, the newest member, stood frozen in front of the tv pointing at a spot on the couch.

"Hweseung-ah, what's wrong?" Seunghyub asked.

Hweseung has officially moved into the dorm three days ago and they really tried to make him feel welcome and comfortable in his new home.

"I-Ah! H-hunie hyung! H-hunie hyung!" he said, still pointing at the same spot as he wheeled around to face them with a crazed look in his eyes.

Seunghyub, Jaehyun and Kwangjin stepped around him to see what he was pointing at. On the couch was a cat, its fur an ash colour with ears pointed upwards as if in attention. The cat was looking at them with its yellow and blue pupils while its tail swished gracefully over its head.

"Oh, it's just Hun," Kwangjin said sighing in relief.

"H-he turned into a cat! A cat! A cat!" Hweseung exclaimed. "We were talking here one minute and then there was a poof and then Hun hyung was gone and then there's a cat in his place-" he said in one breath, arms flailing wildly.

Seunghyub grabbed Hweseung's shoulders and tried to calm him down. "Hweseung-ah... I'm sorry, we should have told you this on the first day," he said as he gently guided him towards the couch. The cat jumped to the floor and sat facing them, its eyes focused on Hweseung.

Jaehyun sat on the floor beside and cat and was cooing it to go to him. The creature slinked out of the drummer's reach but was still intent on the three people on the couch.

"Hweseung-ah, are you with us?" Kwangjin asked. Hweseung nodded but his eyes were fixed on the creature curled up on the floor.

"Hweseung-ah, listen carefully, okay," Seunghyub started.

The maknae tore his eyes away from the cat and focused on Seunghyub.

"Hun can turn into a cat. That cat is Hun-"

"W-what? How?!" Hweseung interrupted, looking between the other three with confusion.

"You know that woman from X-Men? The blue one who can turn into different persons?" Jaehyun asked. Hweseung nodded. He hadn't really watched the movie, but he's familiar with that character.

"Well, Hun is like that. But he can only turn into a cat, nothing else," Jaehyun said. "Do you get it?"

"I-ah, yeah. But how?"

"It's a long story and I think it's best if we tell you about it bit by bit," Kwangjin said. "Just, let your mind process this thing with Hun first," he continued.

Seunghyub nodded. "Kwangjin's right, Hweseung-ah. I guess, you better be prepared for stuff like this to happen on occasion.