City Lights

Until It's Too Late...

Taking her first step out from the building, it made her free once more.

“Come on!” Lucas held Reina’s hand and pulled her by him.

“So my queen, where do you wish to go?”

“Shut up” lightly punching on his side. Reina look over to see stores with trending clothes, food stands spreading its aroma round and people enjoying their time.

“Surprise me” Lucas broke out a smile as he pulled her with him and ran into the crowd. Through the whole night both of them adventure into varies of stores, trying each food stand, watch street performances and walk around the Han River.  It was one night; Reina can be free from all everything especially forgetting about her health. Soon, both decided to stop by the corner store to grab some drinks and snacks before heading back to the hospital. It was one night of fun towards the end; she has to go back to her cage.

“Seat here, I’ll grab something for us” Lucas pointed an empty table as he walked in the store. Reina obligated his instruction and walked towards the seat. She quietly looks over the empty neighborhood, and unfamiliar hear the quietness around it.

“Does it usually be this quiet? Can’t believe their one even exists!” she commented as she took off her own to see the other streets are like this. As she started to head the next few streets, she notices someone coming by the end of the road. It was a boy.

“Isn’t like already sleepy time? Why the hell he walking around with his school uniform? Talk about nerd.” Curious she began to follow him as he passes by without even noticing she was there.

“Total a nerd.” She commented. As she kept following his steps, a couple of boys appeared and started to coming towards to the boy. Reina kept watching s both parties interact with each other. At first, it was regular talk but then things both a little harsh as the boys started to pick on him even grabbing the book he was reading off. Next thing she knows, they pull the poor kid into an alley.

“Never mind of safety around here” She sprinted off to the scene. As she came in closer, crashes, and breaking was heard in the alley. Taking a peak, she witnesses the school boy on the ground and the boys tackling him like he is some punching bag. She may be the baddest , but she isn't that heartless even it comes to this type of crap. Not taking any chances, she enters the alley way and grabs a pipe near there.

“Just like old times” She began to walk towards the boys as she hid the pipe behind her back.

“Hey!” she called out. The boys froze as they looked up to see who stop their fun. They notice a Reina couple feet away as she stood there ‘innocently’. They were wondering what a girl like her want from them. Due to the language barrier, Reina talk with her body as she teases them by opening her small coat. The boys finally understood and began acting like wild dogs. Slowly one came closer to her and pushes her way hair to see her face. Like plan, Reina let the boy touching her; putting grip on the pipe behind her back. As the boy soon lean in for a kiss, she swing the pipe at him; dropping him on the ground.

“You thought boy, Now who wanna play with momma here” twirling her pipe. The boys ran towards her as she did the same. One by one, they were dropping like flies. As each one tried to get up, she would either slam the pipe on the back or stomp on their head.

“Thanks for the fun boys” smirking, she threw the pipe somewhere s she turned to help the school boy, but all she saw was no one.

“Well talk about a ‘Thank you” would be nice” she mutters, but before she can walk away from her mess, she spotted something on the ground. She picked it up and notices it was some wallet. Curious, she opens it so check it had any ID to the kid she saves.

“Bingo! Let me see… Mark Lee…. Well, Mr. Lee, I hope you are welcome that I saved your little ” Putting the wallet in her coat, she left the scene and walked back to the corner store where Lucas sat on the corner.

“Yo!” Lucas looks up and quickly got up towards her. He grabs hold on her and checks she was alright.

“You scare the living hell out of me! I almost had to think of a plan if they found your dead body near here. The cops will come and find me for it. I’m too young to go to jail!” Lucas rambles his thought as Reina took a big sighed.

“Don’t be silly! I just went to take a small walk around since I got impatient waiting for your ” She lied. Before anymore questioning from him, she started to walk ahead of him.

“Wait for me!” “Then walk you, idiot! “

Lucas caught up to Reina as he eyed her up and down.

“For a queen, you’re quite a rude one” Reina smiled as she looked up to the starry night.

“What do you think; I don’t take from anyone. Besides, out of my crew, I’m known to be the heartless chick.”

“Rude I can believe but heartless, you got to be lying” Reina’s chuckles, it was the first time someone who barely knew her wouldn’t believe her that type of person.

“And crew? You never told me about your crew”

“We are just made of 4 girls including myself. Back home, I’m known as La angel de Muerte which means the Angel of Death. In every fight, the opposite side would end up in the hospital. “

“Brutal”

“Next is my friend Callista or La Diablo which means the Devil. She is sort of the brains in our group. She has connections around her, by doing that; she gets her ways to obtain it.”

“Like how?” Lucas question, Reina chuckles as she stops and turns to him.

“She put herself out there if you know what I mean” It took a while for him to understand what she meant that. When realizing it, he gave out a reaction that would be the meme on the internet for a while.

“She is that type of person?!”

“Before you could judge her, she has her reason plus she has a huge personality for it. Plus, she crueler than myself when it comes in control” Shivers went down his spine. He couldn’t imagine a person what Reina was describing.

“Up next is Naomi or The Reaper. She strikes at any time and any places. Doesn’t matter it would be outside the school, the church, a funeral or even front of the police station. She doesn’t care as long she knows where her opponent is at, all it matter she gets to you.”

“Sound like she’s a troublemaker, no offense!”

“None taken but you are correct on that. She does get in trouble even the law enforcement knows her very well. A lot of people would say the things she has caused would have her be behind bars by now.
“Why isn’t she?” Reina shrug as she continues her way. There are a lot of things are needed to be said, but also things need to be hidden. Even being in another country, info must be not to be spoken even to a stranger who she just met.

“That I can’t say, you must ask that to the person “Lucas nodded.

“Lastly, we have the Jokester left. She rather quiet but she does have a duo personality. Similar to Naomi, she gives her version of Reaper. Naomi keeps shut when coming to her opponent but Jen is a type who would excite her incomings. She stalks them like follow them almost everywhere, reach them through their phone or their social media. She would torture them any way she could. When Jen finally decided to end their terror, it would be ending her coming at them.”

“She sounds like she is one of those paparazzi-“

“Trust me, she more than that. She could do a full-scale investigation to find someone especially those who like to talk but ain’t do .”

Reina and Lucas stop as both stand in front of the entrance where they sneak out. Just like they came out, they would come in quietly as possible.

“I guess I can go by myself from here, but other than that. Thank you for bringing me out to see how the outside looks like. “ Reina smiled. Lucas rubs behind his head as he kept looking straight at her.

“It was nothing honesty. I’m glad you enjoy yourself tonight”

“I did” She responded. “I just wish I could go out like this once in a while than being stuck inside of here. “ Reina looked behind her and stare at her cage once more. For the past 4 years, her life was nothing but living in a bubble. Lucas change expression as he thought of something. Before she could enter, He held her wrist.

“Before we separate, I thought of something. Since this year would be your final year of school, why don’t you enroll in mines?” Reina gave a dumbstruck look.

“My school is right around the two block from here. It’s Seoul International High School. A lot of foreigners student enroll due to family’s workplace; it would the only place you could escape from here. Just for a few hours every day. “Reina gave thought to it, sound great and an excellent way to change the environment but what about her parents. What would they think but it would take a whole lot of convincing to have her enroll especially the condition of her heart.

“Let me try” With those words, Lucas felt he has succeeded it.

“Great! Text me when everything goes well” With a quick hug, he sprinted off.

“Stupid boy but not dumb at all” She commented as she entered. With few hiding from the nurses, sprinting and watch out, Reina has arrived in her room. As she took her sweater off, she felt one side a bit heavier. She checks inside only to find the wallet she had picked up earlier.

“His wallet but sadly he doesn’t go to the same school. Let see if fate has both of us cross again” She threw the wallet in the cabinet as she was getting herself ready for bed.