A bit jealous pt. 1

A bit jealous

You had your headphones in, your back against the wall and your eyes closed as you sat at a table in your favourite cafe. Why were you sitting so dejectedly at a place you would usually only go to when you looked your best? Well, to put it simply you had a physics final earlier that morning and it didn't go well so here you were, slouched in a pair of baggy sweatpants probably scaring off the barista you had had your eye on for the past couple months. The baristas name was Min Yoongi and if it weren't for the work mandated long sleeve shirts he wore you would have killed yourself trying to get a look at his wrist, or more specifically the music notes that rested there. He was pale, with dark brown hair and beautiful eyes that always seemed to be hiding something, be it a passing thought or a sarcastic quip you could never tell. You and Yoongi had started talking just after he got his job as a barista. You were a regular and tended to stay for hours on end as you worked on various assignments; leading to many drinks being consumed and irritated ramblings that he was witness to. You were just getting comfortable when a shadow loomed over you. Peeking open an eye you gave an appreciative smile to said barista as he put your favourite drink down on the table and took his seat across from you.

“You look like .” His voice was flat as his eyes swept over you.

You made what was supposed to be a smile but came across as a grimace, “I feel like it too.”

He quirked an eyebrow, silently imploring you to expand.

You took a small sip from your drink, “I had a physics final this morning.”

He let out a breath, a small smile appearing on his face. “And that is why I’m glad I'm majoring in music.”

“Considering you never let me hear any of your songs I'm not sure I even believe you.” sticking out your tongue you grin at the slight narrowing of his eyes.

He shakes his head and stands, your eyes following his hands as he stretches, catching just the tiniest bit of the music notes on his wrist before he relaxes again.

Glancing over at the counter he gives you a smile and you try to contain the blush it brings. “Back to work I go.. unless you need anything?” his eyes are on you and once again there's something you can't quite read in them.

Snapping out of it you blush a bit as you realize you were staring, “I think I'm good, I can't keep the star barista to myself after all.” you grin but catch the slight flicker in his eyes as he turns and walks back behind the counter.

You watch him for a couple moments before shaking your head and looking away, dismissing your thoughts. There was no way that look was what you thought it was. No way was that longing. Quickly finishing your drink you stand and begin to walk out of the cafe, giving a small wave to yoongi. You pause briefly as you pull open the door forcing yourself to not look back at him as you walk. You are so focussed on not watching him that you don't notice him watching you. His pair of deep brown eyes watching you as you leave; you especially don't notice the way his pointer finger smooths over the fabric covering his wrist and the way he seems to slump as you leave his sight.