Chapter 1

misunderstandings

Jungkook checks the time on his phone and rolls his eyes. Taehyung has been in the bathroom for over half an hour now and Jungkook is feeling extra sticky today. The concert had been amazing and Taipei is always fantastic to visit, but something is bugging him and he feels extremely touchy today. Every little detail annoying the crap out of him and it’s all because of Taehyung. 

Jungkook has seriously no idea what’s going with Taehyung right now, but whatever it is Taehyung has to deal with it because it’s effecting the entire group dynamic. The thing that bugs Jungkook the most, is that Taehyung seem all fine and happy in front of the cameras, but as soon as they turn of he becomes some kind of unemotional statue while he interacts with him. It’s really ing rude and it kind of hurts and the worst part for him is that Taehyung won’t even talk to him about it, turning down any offer to talk about what’s bothering him. 

Jungkook groans and rolls his eyes at Taehyung’s phone beeping for probably the hundred time today. It’s not surprising, Taehyung is a social butterfly so it isn’t weird for his phone to go off so often. Jungkook isn’t jealous or anything, it’s just annoying hearing the constant beeping. 

The last notification is what catches his attention though, the bright screen lightning up the name and the message clearly. 

From: Jiminie <3

You should tell Jungkook about it.
 

Now Jungkook knows what he’s about to do isn’t okay, but the message draws too much of his attention and he can’t ignore it, especially when it’s about him. He knows the password and pushes the it into the phone. The screen opens and Jungkook is met with Yeontan’s innocent face staring at him. Jungkook can’t help but smile, but instantly remembers why he even picked It up in the first place when it beeps once again. His eyes furrows at the screen at the next incoming message. 

From: Jiminie <3

I know you
’re really frustrated, 
but it’s really important that you tell him.
 

Jungkook’s heart pounds a little bit harder in his chest as he starts overanalyzing the words on the screen. What could Jimin mean by that. Jungkook scrolls up until he reaches the first message since they landed in Taiwan. He reads the first message and his stomach knots up uncomfortably at the words. 

To: Jiminie <3

I
’m about to lose my mind here, 
Jungkook is being so ing clingy 
and it’s really starting to frustrate me.
 

Jungkook bites his lip and forces himself to read the rest of the conversation, his stomach twisting with uncontrollable emotions. He had no idea Taehyung felt his way, he had no idea that Taehyung didn’t like him anymore, it was so clear in the conversation. That would explain his recent behavior though, it would explain so much. Jungkook doesn’t know why Taehyung is suddenly feeling like this, jungkook always thought he’d been very reserved, but maybe he’s been too clingy. He can get really clingy when he feels like the person he cares about is about to slip away from him. How will this affect the band now? 

“Are you looking through my phone?” Jungkook yelps and almost drops the phone on the floor. He must’ve been so occupied with his thoughts that he didn’t notice the bathroom door opening. 

Jungkook stares at Taehyung with big round eyes, his lips trembling between his teeth. Jungkook looks down on the bed in shame and stretches out his hand to give back the phone to its rightful owner. 

“Sorry” Jungkook mumbles, “it kept beeping and it got on my nerves so I turned off the sound and got distracted by Yeontan.” Now he’s just lying between his teeth and he’s pretty sure that Taehyung knows it too, maybe this is one of the reasons why Taehyung doesn’t like him anymore. He is just way too curious and loves to know what’s going on. Taehyung probably dislikes that about him and maybe he did something and that was the final straw. 

What hurts him the most though, is the fact that Taehyung’s supposedly talking behind his back with Jimin. Jungkook sighs and looks up at Taehyung who is buried under the covers. He bites his lip and considers asking Taehyung about it for a while, but eventually decides against it. He’s too much of a coward to do that and he doesn’t want to anger Taehyung more, especially since he’s been so ing touchy recently and it could possibly turn into a disaster. 

“You want to watch a movie?” Jungkook asks, he has to at least try. 

“Nah” is all he gets and Jungkook sighs in frustration, standing up angrily. 

Oh he’s going to snap soon.  

“Fine! I’ll just hang out with Jimin since you don’t seem to want my company!” 

And there it is. 

Jungkook isn’t exactly famous for holding in his outbursts, which the most members already knew. But Taehyung was usually never on the other end of his outbursts and even thought Jungkook wants to feel bad, he doesn’t. 

“Fine” Taehyung mumbles. 

Jungkook ignores the little remark and packs back everything in his bag and pushes through the hotel door, slamming it just a little bit extra loud just to make a statement that he’s angry. Immature, he knows that, sue him. 

If he’d just scrolled down a little bit he’d noticed the message just under reading: 

To: Jiminie <3

I just don
’t know what do Jiminie, I love him so much… 




                                                                                         ~.~



Jungkook bangs on the door to Jimin’s hotel room a little bit extra hard. He’s angry, hurt and he feels betrayed by his two own best friends who seems to hate him. 

Jimin opens the door with a shocked expression, shock turning into a smile quickly. 

“Hi, what are you doing here? I thought you were rooming with Tae this time.” Jimin asks, a little bit confused as to why Jungkook is there. 

“Because Taehyung hates me” Jungkook whines, pouting out his bottom lip childishly. 

“I have a really hard time believing that Jungkook.” Jungkook snorts and Jimin actually has the audacity to scoff at him. Like Jimin hasn’t just a few minutes ago talked behind his back. 

“Why did he say that I’m too ing clingy then?”  Jungkook asks, his fists clenching at his sides. 

“He said that, I doubt that Jungkook.” Jungkook groans and slumps down on the couch. 

“I saw it myself, I saw what you guys were talking about how he thinks I’m being really clingy and annoying.” Instead of frowning, Jimin smiles and Jungkook really doesn’t understand how this is a smiling matter. 

“You’ve misunderstood Kookie-ah, Taehyung does not hate you I can assure you that.” Jungkook looks at him with utter disbelief and drags his fingers through his hair in frustration. 

“Then why the hell would he say those things about me then?!” Jungkook asks, his tone a little louder this time and it causes Jimin to flinch a little bit. Jungkook feels a little bit guilty, he knows he can come off as pretty scary when he’s angry. 

“I am in no place to tell you that, that’s all up to Taehyung.” Now it’s Jungkook who looks confused. 

“What?” 

“I can’t tell you what’s going on because it’s not my secret to tell. You have to ask him yourself Jungkook.” 

Jungkook groans and lies down half on the bed. 

“I already have and he doesn’t want to speak to me and I’m going to snap soon.” Jungkook whines and fake cries into one of the soft hotel pillows. 

Jimin chuckles and sits down beside Jungkook’s defeated body. 

“I’m sorry Jungkook, but I really can’t help you. All I can say is that you have to be patient and wait until he feels ready to tell you.” 

Jungkook groans, now it’s just more confusing than it was before, now he has no idea what’s going on and Jimin doesn’t seem to be giving up anytime soon. 

“Is it really that bad?” Jungkook asks. 

“Not necessarily, it completely depends on how you will react to it and how you feel.” 

Jungkook’s head hurts from all of the information and he really has to go to bed soon. He has no idea what’s going on and Jimin isn’t making it any easier to understand. 

“Okay fine I give up, I’ll stop asking.” Jimin laughs softly and ruffles his hair softly. 

“Go back to your room and get some sleep and I’ll see you tomorrow.”  Jungkook nods and once again grabs his back to change location. 

The trip back to the room he shares with Taehyung is heavy with his thoughts and he almost knocks over another tourist staying in the hotel. He bows in a quick apology and rushes past the woman. 

The room is dark when he enters and he uses his phone to locate around the room. He puts down the bag beside his bed and grabs a few things before he shuffles into the bathroom to get ready for bed. Taehyung seems to be asleep and Jungkook doesn’t want to wake him, so he skips the shower and decides to do it tomorrow instead. 

Soft snores come from the bed where Taehyung is lying when Jungkook passes it. He stops in the middle of the floor and scans over Taehyung’s body. Now that Jungkook’s eyes has adjusted to the darkness, he can see Taehyung’s face as he sleeps. His brows his furrowed and it seems like he’s having a bad dream, Jungkook furrows his brows in concentration and tries to think about a solution. 

Aha!

Jungkook shuffles over to his suitcase and pulls out Cooky. He’s got no idea why, but ever since they got their own designed stuffed toys he’s been carrying it around when they visit overseas. 

Jungkook walks back to the bed and carefully puts the plushy under Taehyung’s arm. He almost yelps when Taehyung mumbles something incoherently and squeezes it to his chest. Jungkook smiles and pretends he doesn’t feel how his heart tightens at the sight. 

Jungkook walks back to his own bed and slumps down and tries to ignore the longing to have Taehyung’s arms wrapped around him in the way that Taehyung had wrapped them around the plushy. 

He finally falls into a fitful sleep after a lot of tossing and turning and when he wakes up the next morning, Taehyung is gone and the plushy is neatly placed on the end of Taehyung’s bed.

 


I hope you enjoyed!

I hade to include Cooky because how can i not don't know if you've seen the gifs of Cooky and Tata, but i actually cried once.