No Pancakes

No Pancakes

You smiled as you opened your eyes feeling his arms wrapped around your waist. A contented sigh escaped your lips as you shifted closer to him, pressing your back into his chest.

“I need to get up now” you whispered, pouting slightly when he simply pulled you tighter against him and buried his face into your neck.

“Gimme 5 more minutes..”

A small smile graced your face as you turned around, staring up at him as he sleepily opened his eyes. A dopey smile painting his features.

“What?” you asked quirking an eyebrow.

“Your makeup is everywhere.” He snickered, his eyes glinting with amusement as your hands flew to cover your face, an embarrassed squeak leaving your lips as you hid your face from his view.

“You’re a jerk, y’know that?” you mumbled.

“You love me anyways.” He spoke and you swore you could hear the grin in his voice.

“Let me up.” Sliding his arm off your waist and climbing out of bed you hurried towards the bathroom, cringing as you saw your reflection. Everywhere was an understatement when it came to your makeup.

“You know, this is all your fault, I told you I needed to wash my face before we went to bed but noooooo we needed to go to bed immediately.” you called out, glaring at the door as you heard his  -somewhat maniacal- laughter.

Exiting the bathroom you couldn't help the small smile that graced your face as you looked at him. He was yawning, arms stretched above his head, wearing one of his many white t-shirts that you were pretty sure you had been wearing the day before, his usually styled hair sticking up in random directions.

He looked up at your entrance a small frown etched onto his face, “You took it off… I wanted a photo to send to the group chat, you know, tell them that your clown makeup beat Tae’s.”

He smirked, the expression threatening to break into a grin when he saw your glare. However he tilted his head slightly, his expression quickly changing to one of horror when you simply smiled saying one thing he thought you never would be so cruel as to say, “No pancakes for you.” And left the room.


 

He stumbled after you, moving faster than he thought was possible at this time of morning.

“H-hey I was just joking you know that right-” he let out a breath as he ran into your back sending you lurching forward. Peeking over her shoulder his eyes widened and he stepped back feeling the murderous aura surrounding you.

You turned around mechanically, a false smile etched onto your face, “Jungkook, why does my house look like a tornado made of candy wrappers and crumbs went through it?”

“Well,” he fumbled for an excuse, “As you know the guys were over last night and well, uh, Tae can get messy?”

“Just Tae?”

He gulped, “ Well...all of us can be a bit chaotic I suppose.”

“And why is that mess still all over my house?”

He knew that voice, that was the ‘I’m about to lose it’ voice. He needed to answer carefully. “I figured that we could clean it up this morning as a time to hang out before you go to work?” He winced at the questioning tone at the end of his words. Your shoulders slumped and he felt a small spark of hope that you had forgiven him. “You thought, that WE, would clean up the mess that You and Your friends made during the time that I took off so that we could have a nice breakfast?”

You whirled around your eyes blazing and took a step towards him, “I clean up after you so, so, often and now this” your hand shot behind you, gesturing to the chaos that used to be their living room.

“Look, Y/N, it’s just a little mess-”

“A little mess?! A little mess is a crumb here and there! Not a layer of Twix wrappers so thick I can't see the floor!” You glared at him before spinning away and marching back into your room. Trailing after you he watched quietly as you got dressed and packed a day bag.

“Babe, please just let it slide one more time, I'll never let it happen again.” He implored, his hands forcing you to look at him. Your face turned to look at his and he could see the exasperation that darkened your features. Your eyebrows were drawn in, eyes lined with an emotion he couldn't read and your jaw was locked. He opened his mouth to speak again when you cut him off.

“No.” you snapped, her voice dripping with venom. You hurried towards the door and opened it.

“Thanks for Breakfast.” A slam, and then you were gone.


 

He had been busy all day, cleaning like his life depended on it, which considering the angry state of his girlfriend wasn't a far off possibility. Your apartment was spotless, better than when you had first moved in and he had five minutes left until when you usually got home. He had gotten take out from your favourite restaurant down the street and had it elaborately laid out on your coffee table. Now all he had to do was wait.


 

You crept in the front door, conscious of the time even if she was mad. It was 11:27 P.M, approximately five and a half hours after your usual arrival home.

You had gone out with some people from work as an attempt to get your mind off that morning. Not that it had helped, you had spent the entire night sipping on a can of coke wishing you hadn't agreed to come. You missed Jungkook. You could imagine how upset at you he was, you had been rather...harsh, harsher than usual at least. Standing up you had excused herself from your friends and quickly exited the restaurant.

You had known what to do.


 

Setting your keys down you immediately noticed how immaculately clean the place was and smiled to yourself, leave it to him to clean the entire apartment. Silently walking to the living room you let out a small gasp.

Jungkook, sprawled on the couch and food spread out in what was obviously a gesture of peace. A grin spread across your face as you looked at the bag in your hand. You had stopped by the convenience store on the way home and bought multiple packs of instant noodles, his favourite.

Leaning down you packed up the food and placed it in the fridge, your mouth watering as you saw it was your comfort food he had gotten. Turning around you let out a squeak of shock. Jungkook was leaning sleepily on the door way, a lazy but wary grin on his face.

“I got you noodles...” You were mumbling, hesitantly making eye contact with him.

After hearing your words he started grinning, knowing that he was forgiven. Walking closer to you he grabbed your  hand and led you to the couch, pulling you down with him. “We can have them for breakfast tomorrow.”

You nodded and let your eyes drift shut, peacefully slipping into sleep.