The One & Only

We Don't Talk Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the phone rang for the fifth time, Joy was just about to get up, search for it, and chuck it at Seulgi. Screw being respectful to people older than you. She was trying to take a stupid nap, but the stupid phone kept ringing, and Seulgi was stupidly insisting on not picking it up. It was enough to drive Joy up the wall and throw respect out the window.

With the last ounce of restraint in her, the younger girl pleaded with gritted teeth, “Seul, can you please pick up your phone already? I’m trying to sleep.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Seulgi said.

Joy raised her head, and her jaw clenched when she saw the older girl looking at the phone ringing in her hands. “PICK UP THE PHONE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.”

“I said I don’t know what you’re talking about,” the older repeated adamantly.

Almost in tears, Joy groaned and face planted into her pillow. “At least get out of the room,” she ordered, her voice muffled.

Suddenly, the phone stopped ringing.

Joy sighed in relief. “Oh, thank Go—”

It began ringing again.

“THAT’S IT.”

The younger jumped out of bed and lunged for the phone. Startled, Seulgi could barely defend herself before her phone was snatched out of her hands.

“I’m going to pick it up myself,” Joy growled before she looked down at the caller ID. Suddenly, her face twisted in confusion. “It’s Kai sunbae. Why aren’t you picking up?”

Seulgi tried to yank the phone back, but Joy held it out of her reach. “Give it back, Joy,” sternly ordered the older girl.

But Joy refused. “Not until you explain why you aren’t picking up his call. He’s been calling you for the past few minutes, and he’s going to keep calling until you pick up.”

“Or until he becomes busy, which I’m waiting for. Now give it back.” Seulgi tried to jump for her phone, but Joy quickly hid it behind her back. The phone stopped ringing again.

“How long has this been going on?”

Seulgi paused. “What do you mean?”

“How long has he been trying to contact you and how long have you been avoiding him?”

The unusual firmness in Joy’s voice stopped Seulgi from retorting, “None of your business.” Instead, she meekly answered, “Maybe a week?”

Joy sighed. At that moment, the same ringtone started playing. Before Seulgi could stop her, Joy answered the call. “Hello?” she said hurriedly, whipping around so that her back was facing the older girl.

“HEY!” Seulgi tried to forcefully take the phone back, but Joy’s height made it difficult. Eventually, she gave up, huffing and crossing her arms as she listened to Joy speak.

“Yes, this is Joy. Sorry if you were expecting Seulgi. I had to pick up because she refused to,” Joy explained then paused. A few moments later, she was nodding and saying, “Yeah, I will.”

Suddenly, the phone was pressed up against Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter