Final?

Circle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People says that oil will never can be allide with water, just like dog never can get along near a cat.

But god absolutely prove it wrong by creating nayeon and mina.

Despite for their twin-like appearance, Nayeon and Mina’s nature can’t be so much different.

The one is totally opposite from the other.

The younger one is calm and quite type who always moving on grace and left everyone dazed by her elegance intimidating aura. While Nayeon in the other hand , totally a mess-walking-meme.

Mina is a subbtle and introvert girl who merely choose to spend her lunch at the rooftop or sleeping alone behind bookshelfs at the empty library. And Nayeon? Everyone know her. School’s sweetheart, nation’s bestfriend, social butterfly, girlfriend material and another bunch of that kind of term, who flirt friends with everyone.

Mina is ‘to the point’ type who always straightly saying what goes to her mind out loud which sometimes putting Nayeon into hard time to dealing with Mina’s bluntness.

The older one also get tired sometimes because of Mina’s lazy who always look at everything in lethargic way—like she never have any interest on anything in this world. Nayeon known by sign in more than five different clubs at their school , while Mina not even bother to having tought of joining one of them. Nayeon has a looot of friends, even a secret admirer who always thossed bunch of love letters and chocolate to her locker every Monday and Friday. While mina? Everyone knows that the young belle isn’t like to socialize that much. Even Nayeon herself told that Mina dislike any human-related stuffs.

It’s not kind of plot where Mina got bullied or something, we can even say that no one ever hate her. But Mina’s stoicness will instantly turn everyone down once they try to get close to the blackswan.

They can’t even survive more than two minutes under mina’s ice-cold treatment.

No one can.

No one except Im Nayeon.

The bestfriends sit on their usual table at cafeteria, the one at the corner;because Mina never likes any kind of attention. It’s just like another typical highschool’s girls lunch except for nayeon who keep whinning from time to time about her arm and it’s get to the point where mina start felt annoyed by her bestfriend’s things.

Everyone will forever wondering why the two can be bestfriends at the first place, while their nature can’t be so much contrast than this.

“stop whinning nayeon. My head nearly explode” mina can’t hold it anymore, she can’t focused on her games since nayeon start disturb her by kick her legs under the table, asking for penguin’s attention.

“it’s hurt!”

“you never thought about that when you ‘heroicly’ saved your crush earlier” mina said in her typical sarcasm before back focused on her screen slain some big fat ugly guy on her phone.

“she’s not my crush” the older pout, which just earn ‘whatever’ look from mina.

Their class prepare for school festival and commit to performing romeo and juliet which mina instantly resign herself from the team as soon as she know that their class will performing some cringey love drama.

As well, if mina dislike it, then nayeon must be a hundred and one percent sure will like whatever it is. She’s the one who eagerly agree with the idea and get three times more excited when her classmates choose her as a director for the drama. But nayeon’s career as a director sadly must stop immediately right after her debut because of a little accident.

Sowon, their fellow classmate who also in charge as juliet almost get hit by the drama property during practice, but luckily nayeon right on time to save her—heroicly as mina said. But unfortunately the property had time to hit nayeon’s left arm and caused a fairly large wound because of random spike on the property.

Everyone on their school know that sowon, captain of cheerleaders club had this awfull crush toward nayeon from the very begining but the bunny-like girl are extremely clueless about this. And it’s just making mina need to hold back her urge to rolled her eyes whenever sowon try to send her love signal toward nayeon.

"Hai" speak of the devil, sowon apear out of nowhere and shyly greet nayeon which made mina instantly rolled her eyes at this. Mina will always appeare calm and steady at her face, but little did anyone know that she can’t be more peeve and get burnt inside whenever sowon appoarch nayeon and act all shy just to get the older’s attention.

Why?

It’s just common ‘bestfriend intuition’.

Or that’s mina taught herself so.

"Oh hai" nayeon greet back with her typical wide smile which successfully cause a little earthquake inside sowon’s chest.

Mina silently watch the interaction between the two, she pretend to playing games on her phone, while in fact her eyes never leave nayeon ever since sowon aproach them. It’s somehow made mina annoyed just by look sowon’s red-face and nayeon has no clue at all that this tower-like girl are try to flirt with her.

"How are you?"

"Never been this good"

“can i sit here?” sowon ask to nayeon completely made mina felt like invisible, the tall brunette even just greet nayeon earlier totally ignore mina’s presence.

“it’s public property sowon-ssi, of course you can” mina speak in her usual arrogant tone with her usual arrogant expression while sit there and muching her sandwich. With her usual arrogant way of course. Which made sowon frowned her face before take a seat beside nayeon.

"Hei , uh I'm sorry about your arm" sowon wearing her apologetic look as she touch nayeon’s wound that already covered with bandage now.

"Nah! Don't be, just a little scars" Mina can’t hold the urge to hit nayeon's arm which made the latter flinch in pain.

A little scars? You just whinned about how hurt your arm like a five years old girl a while ago!

"Aw! You wanna kill me!?" nayeon yelling, while the penguin act like never done anything bad.

"Well, a little scars will not killing you nayeon" mina fake smiled as she put an intention at ‘little’ word instantly made Nayeon rolled her eyes.

Sowon purposely cleared "By the way, I hope you free this afternoon"

"Pardon?" nayeon unsure with what sowon just said since mina start playing games ‘loudly’. The younger turn her phone into a speaker mode in purpose. She hit the volume to the max level and announcing to everyone at cafeteria that she was playing a games. Mina is a very mature person, but she can also act childish sometimes. And she can be even more annoying than nayeon.

Sowon slightly annoyed by mina’s act but she try to ignore it "You know , uh , I think I need to treat you meal. Apologize and thanks? For that little scars?" sowon fidgetting with her finger act all shy infront of nayeon and god knows how much mina want to mop that expressions from sowon’s face.

"Of course-"

"She can’t "

Nayeon immediately turn her head toward Mina and mouthing 'what'

"She'll going with me. To..hospital!"

Nayeon will say something but Mina cut it off before nayeon blabbering something that can ruin this ‘hospital’ thing.

"You know, her little scars need to checked"

Nayeon rolled her eyes , about this 'little scars' things. She's getting annoyed when Mina and Sowon keep brought it back.

"Then it'll be great! Nayeon, the restaurant I said was near by the hospital where you treated before. We can grab lunch right after your check up"

Nayeon about to say something again but Mina again cut it off by clapping her hands right in front of nayeon's face.

"Whoa, why there is so much flies these day"

Mina keep claps her hands between nayeon and Sowon faces try to catch the ‘unexist’ flies.

The air getting thick when Mina and Sowon start their starring competition. It's like there's an invincible thunder came from each other's eyes. Nayeon maybe stupid, but she can clearly see the tension between these girls. For some reason Mina wouldn't let her go with Sowon, and Sowon obviously doesn't have any plans to give up anyway. If looks can kill, one of these girls surely already laying on the ground now lifeless.

The tension become thicker and nayeon decide to end this soon before it become worse.

"Uh, thanks for your invitation Sowon. But I think I'll just go with Mina instead, I promised to accompany her to library this afternoon" nayeon politely decline sowon’s offer

Sowon can’t hide her dissapointment, obviously feeling upset because of the rejection more over when she saw a slight smirk displayed on mina’s face

"Too bad. Next time?"

"Ofcourse , just let me know" nayeon brightly answer

"Call! I need to go now, I still have something to do” sowon get up “Bye nayeon!"

"Bye!"

Sowon turn her gaze to Mina "see you next time Mina-ssi" which Mina just nod her head elegantly and give Sowon light forcefully smile, then turn her gaze back to her plate.

"See you next time nayeon!" sowon happily wave her hand toward nayeon as she walk away. Wich nayeon wave back with the same amount of excitement.

"Library huh? Don't you have any better places? Now i’m totally look like a nerd" Mina add as soon as Sowon dissapear from their sight.

"aren’t you supposed to thank me?" nayeon take a piece of sandwich from mina’s plate.

"What for?"

"I just save you and your liar "

“I did plan on taking you to the hospital after this. I just not telling you yet” mina might be good at everything, except for one;lying.

And nayeon know this well that the younger girl was lying about this hospital thing. Nayeon know that mina just doesn’t like the idea about she and sowon hangout together. It’s been a public secret that mina’s demeanour toward the cheerleaders captain are not that good.

The older will certainly decline sowon’s over even if mina doesn’t try to stop her. Because nayeon is really aware of how mina will react toward sowon. No, not just sowon, mina will act like this whenever someone try to make move on the older. Nayeon kind of brainless at almost everything, and not to mention also clueless about her surroundings.

But not at all when it’s about Mina.

She know it when mina feeling upset or tired altough all the younger do is just frowning. Nayeon know it when mina feeling happy, sad or excited about something which ordinary people will never can tell the difference because all mina do is just quite (wether she feeling happy or sad). Nayeon never need a words from mina to know how’s the younger’s feeling.

Nayeon just know her bestfriend so well.

Even too well sometimes and reach the point where nayeon regreting how she always can read mina like an open book.

 

Because she always can see what people can’t from the younger belle.

 

Because she can’t bear the impatient growing inside her heart.

 

Because she know that mina is loves her beyond their friendship.

 

And she know it well that the younger will never admit that.

 

It’s a big lie if nayeon said that she never likes mina. Not as a friend, but as a girl. The older already stared at mina differently from the very begining. You think why such a popular girl like nayeon never dating anyone? Not even once. She’s well aware that so much girls or boys on her school who head over the heels for her, sowon is just one good example. But why she never even spare a chance for them? Why is she never try to give her heart to them?

Because she can’t .

She has no heart left to give to anyone.

Because she already give them all to one certain human being named Myoui Mina who lazily munching a piece of sandwich in front of her now.

She can’t, because she have nothing left.

“nayeooonnn”

Nayeon snapped from her daydream because of mina’s voice.

“i said, you come or not to seulgi’s party tonight?”

“how about you?” nayeon ask back as she reach for her phone, start busying herself on it.

“you already know the answer”

Mina is a homebody type who prefer being alone and do nothing on her room, so party with loud music and bunch of people doing ridiculuous dance in Friday night will never gonna get into her ‘list to-do’.

“i’ll come then” nayeon said shortly, earning confused look from the younger.

“okay, i think you’re mistaken what i mean. I’m not gonna going to the party nayeon”

Mina said strictly, made sure nayeon catch everything clearly. But nayeon already know that. The older know well where this conversation are lead.

Nayeon and Mina always stick together, like really together, if one of them agree, the other one will following. If mina doesn’t want to go, then nayeon will not going anywhere as well.

“i know. And i will come to the party”

But sometimes, nayeon also get tired with all of this i’m-not-going-because-you’re-not-going thing. She know that any kind of party will not fun anymore if she’s not standing there right beside mina, but she need a words. She need a certainty. She need mina to saying that she can’t go. Directly.

“well it’s up to you”

But Mina will never do that. She will never ask nayeon to stay. Even when she badly want that.

Myoui Mina are never begging.

Bell ringing, cue for the bestfriends to end whatever their talking about and heading to the class immediately before their math teacher arrive first and gave them 1-hours lecture of how being a good students and stop coming late to the class.

--

Mina keep pacing back and forth on the same patern around her living room. Hands on the waist, sometimes folded on her chest or sometimes going through her silky black hair and she already doing this for past ten minutes. Totally forget about jessica’s presence who start feeling annoyed because she can’t watch her Friday-night drama at peace since her younger sister keep pacing back and forth in front of their TV.

“god!mina! i’m gonna think you’re impregnant someone or commit into a very horrible crime case or something like that if you keep act like this” jessica burst out her frustration, run her hands trough her light brown locks. The older desparately want to watch her favorite drama, and this little sister of her just not helping at all.

Mina stops and glarring at her sister, not believe what she just heard from the older “i’m not impregnant anyone unnie”

“you know honey, i swear to the god to keep you save and being a good sister when i first saw you the day you was born. Can you help me keeping that promises by stop blocking our tv please?” jessica flash her wide smile. Almost too wide for mina, instantly made the younger obeyed and walk away from the said TV afraid that this unnie will seriously caused something horrible toward her.

“i’m afraid that i can broke that promises and smack your head anytime soon if you keep doing this”

The youngest walking toward jessica and flopped herself down to the couch right beside her sister, not forget to shigh out loud.

“i think you’ll going out with nabong” jessica brings two cans of coke from the fridge and placed it on the table in front of them.

Mina’s ear perked up at mentioning of nayeon’s name. The one and only cause why she act all grumphy this evening. Mina expecting recieve a call from nayeon, asking the younger to accompany her to seulgi’s house or else telling that she cancelled her plan to come to the party like usual, but nothing happen. Nayeon even not saying anything on their way back to home. And it’s drive mina crazy because of nayeon’s strange act.

And the thinks about a group of girls try to flirt with her beloved besfriend at seulgi’s party just made mina’s brain even messier.

“unnie i’m off!”

Mina and jessica avert their attention toward certain girl in navy shoulder-off shirt who obviously in hurry, running down from the stairs toward the front door.

“where are you going?”

“seulgi’s party” the girl answered shortly “unnie i’ll use your car”

“come home before 10 krystal !” jessica shouting “and made sure you return my car still with four tires on” the older add but krystal seems like can’t hear the last sentence from her sister.

Mina almost lost control over herself and ask krystal to bring her along to seulgi’s house. But her sane back a sec later and her pride took the lead.

I said that i won’t come, then i will not coming. Mina thaught herself, no mater how she really want to come to seulgi’s party and made sure all those helpless cheerleader members stay as far as they could from nayeon.

But she will never do that. Mina just don’t know how to lowering her pride.

--

On the other hand, nayeon the school’s crush, never avert her attention from seulgi’s front door even just for a sec. She keep her gaze on seulgi’s front yard just in case she’ll spotted certain black Land Rover stop right in front of seulgi’s house and revealing Mina with her usual stoic face from car’s door a sec later.

Nayeon’s heart raced when the said car she’ve been waiting for past ten minutes showed up before finally parked neatly on seulgi’s yard. Nayeon can’t stop herself from running toward the car , but her face fastly dropped as the car’s door finally open and showing the driver.

“oh, Krystal”

“why? You expecting someone else?” krystal said nonchalantly, fixing her dress“don’t expect too much nayeon, you know that kid never really like any human-related stuffs”

Nayeon know too well who’s this kid krystal talk about.

Krystal right, mina sure will not coming, and mina alrady say it before. Nayeon just know how persistant the younger with her own words, and that’s how nayeon thossed all the idea about mina coming to the party, and drag her legs lifelessly back to the crowd.

Thanks to Kang Seulgi and her lit birthday party, Nayeon almost forget about her grumphy bestfriend.

After a couple of drinks and few minutes just sitting on her spot quitely watching seulgi and sana ‘attractively’ dancing in the middle of crowd, nayeon finally gives up and find the urge to join her friends at the dance floor. The night climb up as nayeon bounched on the dance floor along with DJ’s beats. Just a minutes later, the music turn into some slower beats and nayeon take the opportunity to walk back to her previous seat and catch her breath from tiring dancing season earlier. It’s perfect, nayeon thought , and it could be more perfect if Mina was there.

“ah, there you are” seulgi stops her walk as she found what she’ve been looking for past three minutes.

“what are you doin here? come, they’re waiting for you!” seulgi grab nayeon’s left wrist, forced the bunny to stand up from her seat.

Seulgi lead nayeon to next room where their friends already waiting there. This is kinda like ‘VIP’ room for seulgi’s close friends only and not to mention just for ‘the popular’ one.

Nayeon would never want to join this circle if she know what will happen to her. If she can predict a future , nayeon surely will never agree to following seulgi into this room, she even will never come to this party at the first place if she know what exactly waiting here.

She blaming over Joy who suggest their friends to playing some games to killing times. She blame over stupid Jackson who suggest some ridiculous old school game called truth or dare. She blame over that stupid coke bottle for pointing at her for the very first round. She blame her stupid mouth to choose dare over ‘truth’ just because she’s afraid that jeongyeon would ask her some cliche question like ‘who’s your crush?’ she can just lying! No one will know for god’s sake, but it’s too late.

Nayeon blame over sana who succesfully made her eyes nearly jumped out from her face by dare her to kiss Momo in front of all of their friends. And on top of all of that, the bunny like girl massively blaming over herself who leaning in toward momo’s face.

It’s not a ‘proper’ kiss, more like a lightning speed peck. But still, it counted. Nayeon just kissed Momo. And everyone in that room knows too well that the ace of dance club had this huge crush toward Nayeon. The groups even forgot to resume their games, thanks to Sana and her ‘unexpected’ challenge, now teasing nayeon and momo are hundred times more interesting than anything.

--

Nayeon know this would happen to her. Thanks to some unresponsible people—that nayeon a hundred and one percent sure was Sana and Joy—who spread this ridiculous rumour about she and Momo dating.

And as expected, the rumour are beyond succes to made Myoui Mina burning to the core.

As usual, every morning nayeon will showed up in front of mina’s door and drive together to the school, it’s been their daily routine ever since nayeon get her legal license. But to nayeon surprise (or not), mina completely ignore her and walk straight to Krystal’s car, Jessica almost dropped her eyes at this extremely rare sight when mina agree to rise a ‘peace’ flag to Krystal and going to the school together just like any other normal sisters. Even Krystal herself couldn’t believe her own eyes.

Nayeon try to act like nothing happen by keep stick close to the younger despite of the rumours of her and momo spread wider each days. They still eat lunch together, they still made a conversation—or more like nayeon’s solo naration—because mina will not paying attention at nayeon’s words, ignore the older like there’s no one there, the older still persistent even sometimes bothering mina by act annoying. Everything still run normally except for mina who being three times more cold and irritating toward nayeon, but she doesn’t push nayeon away either. And it’s already a week mina treat her like this. They stop going to school together, neither when back from school. Mina just going with Krystal every morning and sometimes ask Jessica to fetch her when Krystal can’t drive her home. Nayeon will gladly offer the ride, but the younger of course decline it.

Mina let her stay close , but also completely ignore her and made the older felt like a statue. And it’s stressed nayeon out, even more stressed than then moment she knows that her rank was been at bottom three at mid-term exam along with Jackson and Yeri.

“okay, i’m tired” nayeon start as soon as the two reach their school’s rooftop.

Mina playing innocent and keep on her statue mode. For god’s sake, the younger know well where’s this conversation are lead. But she keep mum and stare back at nayeon like she’s chalenging the older girl to say the next words.

“okay, i’m sorry. I’m enough, i can’t take any longer of this ‘act cold toward nayeon’ things” nayeon throw her hands to the air

“about what happen at seulgi’s party, i—“

“why you say sorry?” mina’s ear perked up as she imagining her beloved bestfriend kissing the president of dance club.

Nayeon about to open and answer mina’s question when that annoying bell ringing, telling that their last class was about to begin.

Mina turn away on her heels and with no warn walking toward the door and left nayeon behind

“look, mina i’m sorry okay?” nayeon keep pampering mina with dozens of apologies, she already heard like a broken record for saying something same repeatedly. Mina’s pace became fast each seconds and caused a trouble for nayeon who has a weak legs , well walking fast isn’t that dificult, but walking fast while deliver an apologies is a bit different. It’s tiring. More over if the one who you say sorry to keep ignore you, doesn’t even care that you nearly lost breath for cathing up with her.

“mina, i’m sorr—‘’

“god! Stop it!” the younger girl stoped her walk so sudden, and caused nayeon bumped to her back.

“did i ever told you that you’re really annoying?” mina run her fingers trough her silky black hair, feeling the frustration running all over her skin.

Nayeon was persistent as hell, born gift. And the younger know that this bestfriend of her will not gonna stop saying sorry before she did something.

The younger belle inhale deeply “okay look, if you think i’m mad at you because of what happen at seulgi’s party, you’re totally wrong. It’s not my bussiness” mina her lips “I don’t care at all”

“I’m sorr—“

“stop saying sorry!” the younger burst out. She never know that hearing someone apologies will be this tiring.

“stop saying sorry will you?! It’s annoying to hear your apologies” mina try her best to appeare calm , but can’t, when this bunny keep test her “you know, i don’t even care about what happen that night”

“you. You can kiss whoever you want. You can date who ever you like. You can date sowon, you can date sana or that girl from dance club. Who’s her name again?” mina can’t hold her steady self anymore, she spill out everything, eventhough her sane mind tell her to stop.

“why the hell on earth you sorry to me because of kissing someone? I’m not even your ing girlfriend nayeon!”

But you act like one. Nayeon tought

It’s odd. Strange. Ridiculous. Or whatever you’d like to call it of how the things between nayeon and mina is work. This is not the first time for them, mina also act like this during their last year on mid-school when mark—one of nayeon’s classmate—boldly confessing toward the older belle in front of their class, in front of mina. Or the newly case just happen about 2 months ago when Arin—the new transferee student and also happen to be pairing up with nayeon for their chemistry class—grew extremely close to the older. they even going out for a date! Well, it’s a discuss about their project, nayeon said. But mina know it’s just nayeon who think like that, like is it necessary to invited someone out to this famous ‘love’ cafe—where you can find bunch of couples and lovebirds talking lovingly—just to discuss about chemistry project? No need to be a genius to know that Arin is head over the heels toward her precious bestfriend. mina always like this whenever someone make move to im Nayeon.

And they just reconciling from Arin’s case and now mina again start her things because of the stupid truth or dare, no wonder why nayeon feeling frustrated.

“mina, you know, i know, everyone on this damn earth know that i’m not that smart” nayeon starting as she manage her breath into a normal pace “please stop doing this to me. you can hit me, spill those typical harsh words to my face or even mock me about how big my front teeth are”

Mina bit her inner cheek to prevent herself from smiling because of nayeon’s words

“Just show me that you’re angry and tell me what i’m doing wrong. I can’t understand anything if you just mum and ignores me” nayeon finish her speech with adding of sparkling puppy eyes at the end, hoping that it’ll work against mina’s hard-rock head.

It’s weird. Why you need to apologize to your bestfriend just because someone kissing you? Why you need to feeling sorry just because someone confessing to you? It’s weird. Nayeon also think it’s weird. Why mina have to be angry with her just because someone like her? It’s weird, yet nayeon still willingly down on her knees to beg for mina’s forgiveness.

It’s like two sides of coin. Nayeon in one side feeling happy for mina’s childish act, and knowing that mina act like that just because she’s jealous—in romantic way—and wouldn’t let anyone made move toward her. But on the other side, nayeon also feeling upset for mina who never want to admit her feelings while all the younger do is act like a possesive girlfriend all the time, and keep this relationship as confusing as before.

“mina-ya”

But Im Nayeon are too weak for Myoui Mina, altough she won’t, she never fail to find her way back. And found herself beg on Myoui Mina’s feet, asking for mercy altough she know that she never doing anything wrong. She’s the one who saying sorry, because she know that mina will never do that. She’s the one who begging because she knows that mina will never lowering her pride. She did that.

Because nayeon find that she can’t bear even just a day without mina’s soft angelic voice.

Mina’s gestures.

Mina’s caring eyes that she hides behind her stoic and cold facade.

Because nayeon find that she can’t skip anything about mina. It’s addicted. Everything from Myoui Mina is addictive.

And that’s why nayeon did that.

Because she know that she can’t escape from this circle made by Myoui Mina.

Mina shighs as she closed her eyes, her shoulder finally relaxed a bit. The younger belle may be stubborn and rock-headed as hell, but she also know know that she can’t stay away from nayeon for too long.

“let’s just get back to the class” mina said shortly, but her tone are way softer than earlier.

“are we okay now?” nayeon know that mina already cooling down by the way the younger talking, but nayeon just need a certainty, and she can help but jump at her spot when mina give a small nod along with short smile, the smile fastly gone from mina’s face, but fortunately nayeon saw it before the smile dissapear.

--

Senior year is the stage where everything felt stressfull. There are students who stressed and spent their nights struggling with books and endless study for preparing entering university, or students who seems like a walking zombies because of pressure their parents gave to them—who stressed out about their low grades while their parents gave the highest expectation for entering favorite college. There are couples who on the verge of breaking up because they forced to commit into LDR because one of them will going study abroad. Everyone has their own stressfull day. And for mina’s case, it’s her socializing problem that be the biggest stressfull problem. Why? The principal release this newly rules for students who wants to take a final exam—that exactly ridiculous from mina’s view. Every students on senior year must sign at least in one club at the school if they want to take the final exam. And it’s a public secret that mina never entering any club at their school from the very begining.

“their all seems boring” was all mina said everytime nayeon forced her to sign for one of the clubs.

But this time she can’t dismiss at all. The younger forced to take one club if she want graduate from highschool. And Nayeon couldn’t be more happy because of this rule.

The older eagerly suggest—or more like forced—her bestfriend to entering the clubs she’s been into. And fortunately, nayeon sign into one of—an probably the only one—what Mina loved. Dance club.

Mina walkdown through the empty hallway whilst scrolling up and down on her inbox, reading another message from Im Nayeon as she walk. The older girl tell mina to come to dance hall in order to introduce the blackswan to dance club’s members.

And here she is now, standing infront of dance hall and shighing for the nth times already for today.

The door are closed, and mina carefreely open it up without any warning. And she slightly regreted it.

The sounds of opened door made Nayeon an Momo abruptly jump apart from each other. The two fastly avert their attention toward the entrance where mina standing stiffly while still holding the door knob. Awkward.

Mina cleared “am i disturbing something?” mina said with the hint of sarcasm on her tone “sorry. Just continue your stuffs, i’ll just back tomorrow” the younger send a fake smile before she turn around on her heels and slam the door behind her back. And nayeon know it’s not just a common smile. it’s a typical sign. it’s a warn. Realize how the situation is going,with no instructions, nayeon stand up from her place to catch up with her jealousy bestfriend. She just got settled with mina a days ago, and she didn’t want her besfriend get to treat her cold again just because an eyelash. There’s an eyelash fell over nayeon’s left cheek and Momo just attempted to get it off, and that’s when a certain penguin-like girl opened the door all of sudden. What a perfect timing on a perfect angle! Nayeon and momo indeed look like kissing or something from mina’s angle, and that’s the strong reason why mina leave and nayeon happen to chase her behind now.

And after all of this not so couple-like scene, Mina and Nayeon remain under their ‘friendship’ label.

While what they do is not a common things done by friends.

“where are you going?”

“home” mina answer shortly without stopping her walk, doesn’t even care of how nayeon exhausted catch her behind.

“wait. How about the club? I want to introduce you to momo as a new member”

Mina’s ear perked up at how Momo’s name came out casually from nayeon’s lips.

“firstly, i came there just want to let you know that i canceled my plan to joining your club” mina lied

“and secondly” mina stop her step annd look back at nayeon “i already know that girl so it’ll be waste my time if you planned to introduce us”

Nayeon facepalmed herself at how persintent mina is. After all of this obviously jealousy act, this bestfriend of her still wont admit everything.

“okay, tell me which club you choose” Nayeon ask back, more like chalenging her bestfriend, because the older know it well that mina just try to made an excuse to cover up her jealousy.

“music”

Mina mumbling to herself when an infirm piano melody start played from somewhere, flowing full of grace filling through the empty coridor.

“music?” nayeon raised her brows at mina’s statement. Since when this freak gamer have an interest on music?

Mina walking toward the sourche, and it’s confirm that the sounds are flowing from music room, where the all-black grand piano been placed. But who’s playing the piano at this time?

The younger belle being more fascinated as she grew more closer to the music room. Her first plan to avoid nayeon are long ago forgeting, now all she want is to see who’s fingers behind this bewitching melody.

Mina entering the room and greeted by girl’s figure sit with full of grace in front of the piano. The girl sit backfaced the entrance so she failed to notice that she’s been watched.

The girl stop playing, slightly taken aback as she realize that she’s not alone there.

“uh, sorry. Am i disturbing?” mina take a sec before manage to utter any response. The girl indeed a skilled pianist by how she play the key in such a beautifull way. But unexpectedly the girl’s face are way more fascinating than her piano skill.

“not really” the girl sent a smile as she stand up from her seat “i’m about to go home anyway” the girl add as mina steped in following by nayeon behind.

“are you member of music club?” mina ask

“yeah. Vice president to be exact” the girl corrected and sending a simple smile which somehow made nayeon slightly felt annoyed.

“great! I wanna join this club”

The girl giggled, proudly display the dimple on her cheek and somehow send a strange feeling all over mina’s chest.

“i really should thank to our pricipal after this. There’s a lot of new member joining the club since he announce the rule”

Mina let out an awkward laugh, slightly felt offended by the girl’s statement “is that so?”

“but i’m glad that you choose this one” the girl extended her hand, offering a hand shake which glady taken by mina’s a moment later.

“welcome to the club mina” the girl said as she pull her hands away “we practice three times a week after school Every Tuesday and Friday, only for Sunday we practice at my place 3 PM sharp” Mina dazed, again she’ve been snapped out by the tall girl in front of her and this is the third times since she first entering the room a moment ago. And litle did mina knows that a pair of eyes watch the interaction with not ease.

The taller girl bid her goodbye after excused herself from the bestfriends.

“wait, how’s she know my name” mina just realize that the tall girl just address her by her name a while ago.

“silly. she’s your classmate at your first year” nayeon lazily answered “ transferee from taiwan. Tzuyu”

“aah, chou tzuyu” mina claps her palms as she remember the full name “i don’t remember she’s actually that beautiful”

“yeah, and i also don’t remember you being all apreaciate for someone’s beauty” nayeon shot back upon mina’s last statement about Tzuyu’s visual. It’s true that mina rarely talking about someone’s face—because she never really pay attention to others—furthermore gave a praise for them. And the fact that mina just nonchalantly saying that Tzuyu is beautiful are enough to made Nayeon feeling peeved inside.

You get angry whenever someone try to flirt with me. Yet here you are strictly blabbering about someone's beauty right in front of my nose. How fair!

Everyone must had their own regrets. And for nayeon, one of her biggest regret is to let Mina ever stepped inside the music room that day.

--

The first two weeks were full of mina’s complains about how boring her new club is. And the fact that krystal also part of the club just made mina’s day even worse.

But now the younger was unexpectedly so much into her new club. These day, whenever Mina and Nayeon hangout together, all mina said is about her club’s member.

Or a certain tall brunette named Chou Tzuyu to be exact.

Mina also three times more attached to her phone, nayeon often doing a solo lecture because mina not really paying attention to what she said , because she’s too busy for replying tzuyu’s messages. And without they realize there’s invicible wall start growing between their relationship.

“where are you going?” mina said, as she realize that nayeon get up from the couch.

“home”

“but how about the movie? It’s not even end yet” the younger girl reasoned

“how do you know? You not even paying attention to the screen all the time” nayeon said as she gathered her things

“i already finished 2 series of harry potter, this is the third , and i got bored for watching alone”

Nayeon’s words made mina instantly turn her head toward her TV and find ‘The prisioner of azkaban’ played almost reach the middle part of the movie.

Every Sunday nights nayeon will sleep over mina’s house for sleepless girl’s night. They’ll watching movies or playing games on Mina’s PS4. It’s been a routine since they entering middle school.

Nayeon never complaining when mina forced her to watch twilight movie marathon while her eyes felt so heavy and screaming for sleep. Nayeon not even a game addict like mina, but she never complaining of how mina will constantly mock her whenever she got lost in a games, not even once.

The younger realize her fault for not paying attention to her bestfriend as she put down her phone and walk closer to nayeon.

“it’s been late” mina gestured to her wrist watch “it’s dangerous for you to drive alone at this time”

Mina try to reasoned , but nayeon persistantly decline mina’s words by saying that her home are not that far so she could fastly get to her home.

“you haven’t eat dinner yet right?” another reason from the younger “Come, i’ll made you something. Eat first before you go home”

And nayeon again decline mina’s offer by saying that she’s not hungry at all while her stomach are growling and badly craving for some food.

Nayeon reach her bag and excused herself from the living room.

“unnie”

Mina use her last weapon

Nayeon freeze at her place

Nayeon is one year older than Mina, yet mina never address her as an older sister also almost never calling ‘unnie’ to nayeon except for a certain moment.

Like when she badly needed somethings from the older girl

Just like this time

And nayeon hate herself at the fact that Mina always had this effect on her.

“aish!” the older girl groaning, turn around and throw her bag to the couch

“you better made me something eadible. Not salty eegs like you made last time”

Mina smiling to herself as nayeon occupied one chair at the dinning table and pouting like a five years old kid.

--

“you should’ve join the club more early” tzuyu said as mina finished her first song

Mina dramatically bend her body just like a professional pianist who just finished her concert which made the two burst to laugh.

It’s already 5 PM, everyone already home but both Mina and Tzuyu not even bother to set off from the music room.

Tzuyu walking closer toward mina and take a seat right beside the black-haired girl. Their position felt awkward at first, because the chair is obviously design for just one people.

“you know this one?” mina exclaimed excitedly as tzuyu start playing the famous melody from Mariage D'amoure by Paul de Senneville.

“you can’t call your self a pianist if you don’t know this” tzuyu smiled, proudly showed her dimple.

“wanna play together?”

“i don’t know if i still remember the key” this piece is one of mina most favourite ever, because jessica often played it back then when their family still a whole. Jessica ever thaught her how to play, but they stop playing this piece when everything getting complicated. Mina even barely touch their piano since then.

Tzuyu smiling and gently leading mina’s hand and placed it above the key and reasuring the older girl to start the melody first.

The melody start flowing slowly trough the empty hall. Filling every space and corner inside the four walls.

The melody went smoothly yet felt so sharp on the point spreading all over the coridors, perfectly match with sounds of light rain outside the windows. Tone after tone, both Tzuyu and Mina’s finger moving elegantly full of grace.

So enchanting. So fascinating. So in sync.

Even Im Nayeon agree with this. She’ve been standing there at the door ever since mina and tzuyu start playing. But she can’t move even an inch from her spot, she can’t even open to call mina’s name.

Don’t know, maybe mina and tzuyu’s piano are way too good to interupt.

Maybe she can’t because she want to hear mina play for more longer.

Or maybe because nayeon is not brave enough

Mina smiling so bright just now. While sit there beside another girl

Not her

--

It’s been a week since nayeon watch Mina and Tzuyu playing piano without knowing her presence at all. And nayeon not even telling mina that she’ve been waiting for the younger girl outside the room that day.

Everything went normaly like any other usual days. Nayeon will pick up mina every morning and go to school together, but the way to school are way more quite than the old days. Nayeon will crack up some jokes and mina will laugh to it, but the line fastly went dead after that, because it’s only nayeon who seems like want to initiate the coversation. And these day the drive are totally deafening becasuse it’s not mina’s role to start something, and nayeon are too tired to even saying something. Knowing that mina will not paying attention that much to her words.

They still spent the lunch together, also doing movie marathon every Sunday night. But it’s getting bored each weeks because mina will never really paying attention to the screen or just fall asleep in the middle of movie.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter