The Promise (SATZU)

The Twice Stories

The Promise

NOTE: THIS IS IN AN AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL SETTING

A short tanned child standing next to a taller girl. The first few years of school had passed, the shorter one had grown only a few inches than her counterpart. Seeing her grow taller than her made her more envious to the fact that she might not be taller than this height.

 

“Hey Sana.” the tanned girl called out. Sana looked down at the short one.

 

“Yeah, Tzuyu?” Sana replied her hand on the shoulder of Tzuyu.

 

“If I become taller, will you marry me?” Tzuyu’s hand above her head and on the tip of her toes to make her taller. Sana giggled and patted her head.

 

“Sure.” Sana agreed.

 

Tzuyu moved right before moving up to a new school. She did grow only a bit taller, but Sana always towered over her. Tzuyu always made sure to make herself taller in whatever matter. Her dad was even taller than six foot, she just has hope that she she got those genetics.

 

 


 

Sana was in a bit of a situation. She had heard about the new student, that she was beautiful, tall, and elegant. One thing no one told her, was that her name was Chou ing Tzuyu. Her had left her and she still remembers when she had asked the girl to marry her if she had gotten taller. She was standing in the front of the classroom. Introducing herself and Sana was staring at her. The weird big eared and large eyed alien-like kid turned into the utmost beautiful woman in this damn school. She even had gotten taller, a good whole few feet if she even could call it that. She just might make year eleven just might be a little bit more difficult.

 

She was having a fine day until her. She just waltzed in the classroom unaware at how late she was. Her posture like a posh royal princess, a bit of a cold glare. Her hair was dyed a light brown, it suited her well. The skin coloured and contrasted against the white walls of the classroom.

 

“Hello, my name is Chou Tzuyu. I went to school to Taiwan for a few years and I hope you treat me well.” Tzuyu bowed and looked towards the teacher.

 

“Sit next to Sana, I guess.” pointing towards the only few open seats in the whole room. Sana cursed to herself, covering her face with her arm. Tzuyu looked at the board, Sana stealing glances at the girl.

 

“Since we introduced Tzuyu, we can get back to work on stoichiometry.” The teacher took a marker and started to draw on the board some problems.

 

 


 

“Do some partner work I guess. Here's a worksheet, come and get yourselves I'm too lazy to even pass it out.” The teacher waved off the students. Sana tried to get up but Tzuyu had already got up and grabbed two papers, Tzuyu gave one to Sana and got to work. Reading the instructions Sana then realized it was a group activity and she had to work with Tzuyu. She stared at the paper confused on what it was asking for.

 

She looked at Tzuyu’s worksheet and she was already almost finished! Sana’s jaw dropped, she barely even put a nick of lead on the paper. That was when she needed help and had one person to help her with it.

 

“Hey, Tzuyu can you help me with this?” she said pointing at the paper. Tzuyu shrugged and just took the paper off her side of the table, putting her head on the table and penciling in the work. Sana cursed herself, she wanted help not work done for her. She gazed at the paper, Tzuyu already almost finished the first problem. Taiwan must be much more rigorous than the school district’s popularly bad system.

 

It took only a few minutes of Tzuyu writing it down and she passed the paper next to her. She looked near the spot to write your name, a small note stood out to her. Reading it, opened into an ‘O’ shape.

 

‘Sana I'm sorry can we hang out at lunch?’ it read closed and she nodded. Lunch was about to start in about forty-ish minutes. What to do? Sana grabbed her backpack and took out a piece of paper. Starting on her homework for her english class.

 


 

Sana moved through the traffic of the hallways with a bit of difficulty to the lunch line. Waiting for the either way too bland for consumption or the scraps from last week’s pizza delivery, and maybe even something remotely good, that was the norm. Students piling up into their own groups and others doing some other types of activities. Sana grabbed her bland nacho tray and walked towards her table while paying for the three dollar meal. Tzuyu was already sitting with her friends. Chatting them up with some sort of small talk.

 

“Hey guys.” Sana greeted plopping into their conversation and onto an uncomfortable plastic saucer-like seat.

 

“Hey" majority of them greeted back, except for Tzuyu.

 

Sana poked at her food, it was a mush of soggy flavorless chips and watered down nacho cheese. “Sana aren't you gonna eat?” one of her friends asked, Im Nayeon the next supposed prom queen and her cute beauty and unique facial features stood out.

 

“Not really that hungry.” Sana replied her food standing lukewarm.

 

“I'll take it if you don't want it. More calories for me. Plus I'm gonna be busking later, I need to practice for it.” Momo took the tray of food. Sana just let her take it as if Momo's life was on the line

 

Sana noticed something off. A certain orange haired ballerina wasn't there. “Where’s Mina?”

 

“Probably making out with her girlfriend.” Jeongyeon said. Nayeon hit the long legged girl. “She’s in the choir room ya dumbo.” Nayeon scoffed.

 

“Anyways your friend’s pretty cool. She doesn't say much but she's better than Mina at a party.” Jihyo jokes with the group.

 

Tzuyu tugged on Sana’s arm. Sana’s eyes moved towards Tzuyu’s. Her eyes took a detour first by looking at Tzuyu’s hand on her arm. “Can we go to the vending machine?” Tzuyu asked. Sana nodded in response. Both got up and moved towards the vending machine room.

 

Sana stared at the vending machine’s selection of items to consume or drink. One with a sugar substitute drink, water, and the prepackaged cheap health food. Tzuyu grabbed her dollar and entered it into the machine, pressing the selected item’s button. Sana moved herself towards the vending machine’s window. Tzuyu grabbed the food and grabbed Sana’s hand.

 

“We’re still gonna marry each other right?” Tzuyu with those big doe eyes took Sana’s eyes into her view. Those big dark chocolate eyes, Sana loved them.

 

“Yeah, we can still do that.” Sana assured squeezing Tzuyu’s hand. Tzuyu smiled, the slight dimple showing and Sana gave her another smile back.