Sick

Sick

It was late at night, when suddenly Taekwoon's phone let out a small buzz. He was kinda happy about the fact, that everyone except  him was already asleep, or they would have seen how he had flinched at the sudden, unexpected sound. Something that Hakyeon would do, but not taekwoon. 
After he had recovered from his light shock, he picked up his phone and opened the text message he had just received. 
"Could you bring me some medication, please? That one against vomiting please. ~N"
Worried the dark haired male stood up from the couch, he had been resting on. Usually the other one wouldn't send him a text message, when they were in the same house. That, and the lack of weird emojis, Hakyeon normally sended to him, made him suspicious that something was wrong. So he made his way towards the kitchen cabinet, where they were storing their medication. Something had to be wrong with Hakyeon. He would never have asked Taekwoon to do him this kind of favour when it wasn't serious.  

After he had found the medication he started searching after his lifelong friend. He wasn't in the room he and Hongbin shared. So he continued his way through their dorm. Thinking about where the other one could be. But suddenly the sound of someone retching filled the silence, and gave out Hakyeon's location. With fast steps the dark haired male made his way toward the bathroom, noticing relived that the door wasn't looked. 

The sight inside it was heart wrenching. Cha hakyeon was sitting in front of the toilet. His normaly tanned skin was ashen gray and glistered in sweat. His eyes were swollen and he looked like he had been crying. The bitter smell of vomit filled the room. 

"Hello Taekwoonie" the slightly older one smiled. Something that broke his heart even more. It was obvious that Hakyeon wasn't feeling well. But he still tried to act like he was okay, so that Taekwoon wouldn't worry. 
"You know, I would have gotten the medication myself, but I can't get up right now," he smiled apologetic like it wasn't a big deal that he was to weak to even stand up. 
"You can just give me the pills and go back to sleep. I'm okay here on my own." Hakyeon was still talking, not minding that Taekwoon hadn't answered him yet. He was probably to used to this kind of one sided conversations.

What he didn't expected though, was that Taekwoon, instead of leaving was crouching down next to him.
"I'm not going to leave you alone", he mumbled softly, his back. 
The smaller ones eyes widened shortly, before he just shook his head. 
"Better not. It's really gross. I'm fine, just don't worry."
But Taekwoon stubbornly stayed where he was now currently sitting on the hard floor, not moving an inch. 
And so they were sitting, when suddenly Hakyeon moved, head hanging over the toilet. 

"Please leave. You don't have to see this" he actually pleaded. Not wanting that his best friend would see him in this vulnerable state. 
But Taekwoon still didn't left. Instead he moved closer to the crouching man, who looked like he was fighting a battle with himself.
A battle he was obviously losing, as he started vomiting again. His whole body trembled violently and new tears formed in his eyes. Taekwoon stayed beside him the whole time. Softly his back and whispering reassuring things in his ear. 
After he had spit out the last bit of bile he was still shaking, but at least the tears had stopped. 
"Are you finished?", Taekwoon asked, still his back. 
Hakyeon just nodded weak, not able to do much more in his state.
"I'm going to give you the medicine. Try to not puke it out the next 20 minutes. After that you should be fine." He told him, as he started filling a glass with water, so Hakyeon could take the pill. 
Said one didn't paid much attention to it. He had laid his head down on the toilet seat, not caring about hygiene any more. 
'Don't do that." Taekwoon stopped him and lifted his head, so he could take the medicine. "I don't want to listen to you complaining about bad skin, because of this" he told him. It wasn't like he really would care about hakyeon complaining. He just wanted to distract the other one a bit, so he wouldn't focus to much on the bitter taste of the pill. 
"You're good?" He asked again. Noticing how he and hakyeon had switched roles, where he was talking and the other male was just simply nodding at his questions. 
"Okay then..." Taekwoon leaned down again, bringing one arm under his legs and the other one under his shoulders, slowly lifting him up bridal style. 

"What are you doing?" Hakyeon replied sluggish. Confused about the taller man's actions. 

"Carrying you to the sofa." Taekwoon simply answered. "You've said yourself that you are to weak to walk. And I'm not going to let you sleep on the cold floor." 

"You are weird sometimes", Hakyeon mumbled sleepily after Taekwoon had settled him down on the couch.
It was the best if he would sleep there, because the way to the bathroom would be shorter, and also because Taekwoon could see him there, if he left his door open.

"I'm going to cancel all of your schedules tomorrow, so you don't have to worry about going somewhere. Get well soon Hakyeon." Taekwoon wished his friend while patting the top of his head. But Hakyeon wasn't reacting anymore. He was already asleep. 

Taekwoon smiled softly. It wasn't often that Hakyeon would let anyone care about him. Sure, he was often annoying when he was in his need for skinship. But when it came to real problems he had, he just tried to bear everything on his own, without telling someone. So the dark haired male was actually happy that he had been able to care about hakyeon, just this one time.