four

Parking Tickets Are Better Than Lottery Tickets

One day, Momo was feeling under the weather from overworking. She skipped work and didn't bother to eat anything, which resulted in an earful of scolding from her girlfriend. Mina was so concerned, she took half the day off to drive out and take care of her.

"Mitan," Momo called out in a singsong voice.

"Is that my nickname now?" Mina asked from the kitchen as she prepared food for a sick Momo.

"Yes, gorgeous."

"I'm surprised you're still able to flirt so much when you're sick."

"It's just that I really, really like you, Mitan." Momo was being extra clingy and affectionate due to Mina's pampering.

"I know, Momo. You've said it many times today," Mina said as she put the homemade chicken noodle soup on the nightstand.

Momo was very grateful to be in her girlfriend's care. How lucky was she to have someone leave work early, drive out an hour, and cook her food? Very lucky she would say.

"I just wanted to make sure you knew you are the most amazing girlfriend ever."

Mina simply smiled at Momo's relentless doting and sat down on the edge of Momo's bed to feel her temperature. "You're kind of hot."

"Just kind of?"

Mina rolled her eyes, but chuckled anyway. "You know what I mean, blockhead." Mina was charming when she was sassy. Or maybe Momo just liked everything about her.

"Here, let's get some food in you so you can get well soon," Mina picked up the bowl of noodle soup and blew on a spoonful of the hot liquid. "Say ah," she cooed.

Momo gulped down the soup and her lips. "This is delicious. You're my favorite chef, you know?"

"No need to flatter me. I'm already your girlfriend."

"But I want you to know how much I appreciate you."

"I already know, you goof."

Mina continued to spoonfeed her until Momo finished eating. She made sure she finished all of her soup, took her medicine and drank a lot of water. Afterward, she told Momo to rest and tucked her in. She leaned down for a kiss, but was immediately met with a face full of blankets.

"Momo, what are you doing?"

Still hiding under the covers with her voice muffled she said, "I don't want to get you sick!"

"Don't be silly. I don't mind," she attempted to drag the blankets down.

"But I mind."

"Fine," Mina huffed and let go of the sheets.

Momo emerged from under the stuffy covers, but unbeknownst to her, Mina was still in front of her face. The younger woman planted a chaste kiss on Momo.

"Ah!! You'll get sick!"

"But I miss you."

Anything Mina did tugged at her heartstrings. "Ugh, how can I resist you if you act like that."

Mina lifted the sheets to get in bed with Momo, without resistance this time.

"What if you get sick?"

"Then you can take care of me."

"Okay. I'll take care of you any time you want me to." Momo snuggled up under Mina's chin.

"I hope you'll feel better soon." Mina kissed the crown of Momo's head, and rubbed the small of her back. "I really hate worrying about you."

Momo nodded and sighed in content, thinking that getting sick isn't so bad if Mina was here with her. She felt her headache subsiding, maybe because of the food and medicine, but definitely because her girlfriend was nursing her back to health.

Momo fell asleep soundly that night in Mina's arms, with the dishes in the kitchen happily forgotten.

--

"Come to my office and keep me company."

"Okay, but if you need to work really late, you should just stay at my place tonight."

"Sounds good. I'll be waiting," Momo said sweetly and hung up. She was thankful to have a caring girlfriend like Mina.

Their original plan was to spend some time together. But a sudden deadline came up and all the staff at White Eclairs had to work overtime. Momo had to stay back of course, but she felt really guilty for making Mina wait. Though she thought this was a good way to let Mina into more of her life.

"Hi, I'm Mina. I'm here to see Momo."

"Oh! You're the girl Momo was expecting! Please follow me," the assistant was beaming with too much energy for the end of the day.

They walked past some cubicles and turned down the hall. Everyone that was still around was working furiously, appearing stressed.

"Momo-chan~" Sana sang as she popped her head into Momo's room. "Someone's here to arrest you!"

"Sana, she's not a police officer."

"But she's wearing a uniform with those heavy duty boots?" Sana sounded genuinely confused.

"She's– nevermind. Thanks, Sana. Close the door behind you, please."

"Okay, boss." Sana winked at Momo before she shut the door.

"Hey, you." Momo needed to take a break and used that as an excuse to greet her girlfriend with a kiss.

Mina refused to deepen the kiss and instead told her, "Just hurry up and finish your work so we can go home."

Not thinking much of it, Momo obeyed her command and returned her focus on work.

It was past 9 o'clock when Momo finally finished the last of her report, ready to present to all the investors and stakeholders. She looked over to Mina, who had fallen asleep on the couch and walked over to place a gentle kiss on her girlfriend's forehead.

"Let's go home, sleepyhead."

Mina simply hummed a response and left the office together. It was quiet the entire ride back to Mina's place, and Momo was starting to suspect that Mina was not happy to have waited for her.

Even when they entered her apartment, she didn't speak. Now Momo was terrified.

"Mina, are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Is it because I made you stay around and ruined our dinner plans? If so, I'm really sorry and I can make it up to–"

"That's not it," Mina interjected, refusing to look at Momo.

"Then tell me, please?" Momo coaxed and gently turned Mina around to face her.

"Are you... are you close with Sana?"

"No, she's Jessica's assistant."

"Then why does she have a pet name for you? Even I don't have one like that for you."

Out of all things that Momo presumed, this was not one of them. Mina was jealous.

"You call me blockhead."

"That's not the same."

"Hold on, Mina. She gives everyone a cute nickname. She's just super friendly."

"More like super flirty."

"No, there's nothing going on, I swear! Honestly, I don't even think much of it."

Momo pulled Mina close by her wrist, gently rubbing circles to soothe her pulse point and leaned in, their foreheads touching. She looked deep into Mina's eyes and continued in a softer voice.

"Believe me when I say, I don't pay attention to anyone else but you. I only want to hear your nickname for me." Momo slowly kissed Mina's furrowed brows, the mole on her nose, and then her lips.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Even when you call me a blockhead, it makes my knees turn into jelly."

"Blockhead... Momoring."

Momo immediately swooned at hearing this new name for her. "Can you say that again?"

"Momoring," Mina repeated bashfully.

Momo took Mina's hands and placed it over her own heart, smiling blissfully. "That's probably my favorite word in the world from my favorite voice in the world. Never stop saying that."

"Okay," Mina spoke in a small voice.

Momo sighed in happiness at how lovable Mina could be, even when she was jealous. She brought one of Mina's hands up to her lips and kissed her palm and then her wrist. It quickly escalated to kissing her lips and divesting of clothes.

After their romp in bed, Momo contemplated about how wonderful it was to be with Mina, while absentmindedly twirling a strand of her hair. Even with her hair tousled, she was stunning. It had been a habit of Momo's, to appreciate all of her girlfriend's features and reflect on her life after Mina came into the picture. She was kind, sweet, nurturing, compassionate and beautiful.

And she's smart. So very smart and always patient to teach Momo things. She loved that Mina could be strict and professional at work, but only soft like this with her. She loved her adorable, tiny giggles and charming gummy smile. She couldn't imagine being without Mina now. And Momo didn't think she would ever want to stop relishing in her beauty, both inside and out.

"What is it, Momoring?"

And there it was again. That sweet, melodious voice singing her nickname. It never failed to make her heart soar.

"I love you, Mina."

Momo was so absorbed in admiration at that moment that she subconsciously uttered it, still not fully aware of the effect of those words.

Mina lifted her head up and looked straight into Momo's eyes, completely caught off guard. "You do?"

Then it hit her. There was no turning back now. She felt such an immeasurable amount of love for Mina that it wouldn't even matter if the younger woman didn't feel the same.

"Yes. Is that okay?"

Mina buried her face into the crook of Momo's neck and nodded. Momo could feel her smile against her skin.

"I love you too, Momo," Mina whispered into her neck.

Momo's heart skipped a beat. Did she hear correctly? Mina returned her feelings? Of course, with anything Mina did, Momo wanted again. She wanted to see again, experience again, feel again, hear again.

"Can you look at me and say it one more time? Please?" Momo cupped Mina's cheeks, so she would stop hiding.

Mina looked at her resolutely, with overwhelming fondness in her eyes and said, "I love you, Momo."

And suddenly, Momo's lungs were filled with air she didn't know she was missing. She was so elated to hear that Mina felt the same, like her heart was bursting out of her chest. That this Mina, here with her in this moment, loved her back.

Mina leaned down to kiss her deeply. Momo couldn't help but smile widely into their kisses, all enveloped in Mina's warm love and embrace. The kissing and touching slowly led to something more intimate again. But now, Momo had new words she can whisper over and over as she made love with Mina.

--

"Momo, I've decided to promote you to Communications Director."

"Thank you so much, Jessica! Thank you for believing in my work!"

"It's astonishing really. I don't often see you in your office, but I guess that's how you're getting the work done."

Momo chuckled sheepishly, knowing the real reason behind her absence.

Later that night, Momo broke the news to Mina and the two decided to celebrate in Mina's apartment with the younger woman cooking for her.

"Congrats, Momo!" Mina wrapped her arms around Momo's neck, so tight she's nearly choking her and placed a kiss on her lips.

"Thanks Mitan. What's my reward?"

"You get to pay for everything from now on."

"Aww, I was hoping to get a more... arousing kind of prize," Momo's hands slipped under Mina's oversized shirt as she kissed her neck.

"Not right now, I need to cook dinner for us. It's your favorite, spaghetti carbonara."

Momo was about to complain, but immediately zipped up, delighted to hear her favorite dish.

"I'm so proud of you though. What did Jessica say to you?"

"She told me I'm too beautiful and because I'm such a smooth talker, I deserved the promotion."

"Really," Mina replied sarcastically.

"Well, it's not completely untrue! She said I'm really good at creating and coordinating company relations, working with stakeholders on projects and I'm efficient," she shrugged, hugging Mina from behind as she watched her girlfriend cook.

"It's interesting that you're able to get any work done, because here I thought you were only good at creating relations with a meter maid."

"Oh, it's definitely that for sure." Momo snuggled against Mina's neck. "But I do need to thank you for this promotion."

"Why?"

"If it wasn't because I was always in such a hurry to see you, I wouldn't have finished my work so quick."

Mina shut off the stove and turned around in Momo's embrace.

"You really are a smooth talker. Smart mouth."

"My mouth is not only smart, but good at other things too."

"Is that true?"

"Shouldn't you have first-hand experience to answer that question?"

"I don't remember. I think you need to remind me again." Mina bit her lip and eyed her suggestively. She was being very flirtatious and it was making it so hard for Momo to resist her.

Momo pressed their lips together for a slow, tantalizing kiss. Her tongue swiped at Mina's upper lip and received instant access to the younger woman's teasingly elusive tongue. A hand moved up on her arm, to her collarbone, to her neck and back to the nape of her neck, causing her to shiver. Momo couldn't remember the last time she wanted someone this much. But it didn't matter because she was wanted in the exact same way by Mina.

The young meter maid pulled away, but not without another brief kiss. "Okay, blockhead. I need to finish cooking."

Momo whined at how Mina could and get her excited so badly, but then also take it all away so easily.

"But don't you worry, Momoring. We'll continue where we left off later," Mina teased.

Everything was clicking into place for Momo ever since she accepted this job. She got promoted and earned a raise. But the best thing about it was that she had the most extraordinary girlfriend by her side.

--

It was a Saturday night, and Mina didn't feel like going out, so the two stayed in at Momo's to watch one of Mina's favorite chick flicks. Momo didn't care for them. She thought they were a bit too cheesy and unrealistic, but settled anyway for the sake of cuddles.

After about a quarter through the movie, Momo started snuggling up to Mina, losing interest in the plot on screen. She wrapped her arms around Mina and nuzzled her neck, breathing in her girlfriend's clean scent. Momo moved her hand to lightly brush the dips of her clavicle, causing Mina to giggle and kiss her.

"Momo, you're distracting me from the movie."

"It's fine, you've seen it many times before."

Momo continued to get handsy with Mina and the latter gave in for a longer kiss, complete with a muffled whine when Momo slipped her hands under her shirt.

Mina pulled back, slightly panting, "Okay, I want to watch this now. My favorite part is coming up soon." She interlaced their fingers and rested her head on Momo's shoulder, returning her attention to the movie.

This feeling of domestic bliss was nice, Momo thought. She could envision herself with Mina like this for a long time to come.

"Mitan, move in with me," Momo offered, a little out of the blue while playing with Mina's fingers.

"What? Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, I know it's far from work, but I think it beats living in that rundown apartment complex."

"That's rude. It's my home."

"Okay, fine. If you must know the truth... I just want to spend all my free time with you.."

Mina scooted closer to Momo, drawing circles with her index finger on the latter's thigh. "Seems like things are getting serious."

Momo panicked at Mina's uncertain tone. Was it still too soon for her to ask Mina this?

"Mina, I'm pretty serious about you. I want to take this to the next step. But you don't have to if you don't want to."

"Hmm, I guess it depends..."

"On what?"

"I will take your offer on one condition: only if you will allow me to drive us both and drop you off at work. Our government agency has a parking lot for staff to park for free."

"Done deal! Yes!" Momo quickly consented and s her arms around Mina's waist to bring her on her lap. She hugged Mina tightly with her head against her chest, hearing and feeling all of Mina's giggles. "I love you!"

The deal was a win-win for her. This way, she was able to get more of Mina each day and save money. Such a perfect plan from a perfect being.

"I love you too, blockhead. So now you won't have to worry about getting tickets when you have bigger things to do, director." Mina poked Momo's cheek.

"So am I a blockhead or a director? Because you seem to call me a blockhead an awful lot."

"Both," Mina sealed the deal with a kiss laced with love.

--

"Momo! Momo! You're back! Did you hear?!" Sana announced excitedly as she ran into Momo's office.

"You mean other than you yelling down the hall?"

"Shut up! Anyway, Taecyeon won 10 million dollars from a random lottery ticket he found on the street! He left when you were on your break, but he told everyone to kiss his and his d–"

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah! Then he gave a big 'F you' to Jessica in front of everyone! She is fuming!!!"

"Damn, can't believe I missed this. I hope we won't get any collateral damage from her."

"Not for today, at least. She took the rest of the day off, probably to calm her nerves from the public humiliation."

"Oh, I bet. I wonder what he's going to do now."

"Who knows! Maybe buy a mansion and never work again! That would be the life! If I had 10 million dollars, I would travel around the world! Maybe meet a cute girl and fall in love."

Momo smiled and rolled her eyes at this girl-obsessed assistant. "I still can't believe it. That's some crazy luck."

"Yeah! And in contrast, here you are with a bunch of parking tickets instead of a lottery ticket," Sana joked and glanced at Momo's desk where the ticket laid. "Another one today?"

"Yeah, unfortunately."

"What happened? I thought you've been getting rides from your boo?"

"Mina took a day off to visit her family, so I had to drive myself today."

Sana burst out in laughter. "Momo-chan, why are you so forgetful! Tough luck, huh?"

Momo looked fondly at the parking ticket in front of her, with a certain meter maid and her precious gummy smile in mind. She reflected on all those unforgettable moments, filled with love and passion. She thought, how did it end up this way? So head over heels in love with someone and so fortunate to have them unconditionally love her back. And to think it all started with a parking ticket. Those tickets were worth every bit of happiness that Mina brought to her.

She smiled softly at those thoughts and decided that, nope, this wasn't tough luck. Hirai Momo had the best luck in the world.

 


A/N: I hope this last chapter was able to wrap things up well without it seeming rushed. I didn't really edit it much heh. Thank you to my wonderful readers for the words of support and encouragement! And thank you to silent readers as well! I really appreciate you all. Let me know how I can improve my writing style. I'm always trying to learn! I have to give credit to authors who are able to write stories without running out of steam. It isn't easy!

My next pieces of work may take longer since they're all just early-stage ideas that I haven't fully fleshed out yet. I hope I don't lose inspiration haha. See you all next time!