Stockholm Syndrome

Airport Encounter

 

"Passport, check. Wallet, check. Phone, check"

Yoohyeon looking through her purse to make sure she brings everything for her work trip.

 

"I think that's all" she smile

 

"You're stupid. I don't know if it's ok to make you go there alone" her friend sigh and it obvious that she is worried for Yoohyeon trip

 

"Why? I got everything covered. You're going to miss me aren't you? Huh, huh?" she grin while placing her arms around her friend shoulder

 

"You wish. Where are you ticket stupid?"

 

The realization hit Yoohyeon and she hurrily check her purse once again. Front zip, back zip, her passport, inside her wallet, but she can't seem to find her ticket.

 

She start to look worried. Not only she managed to look stupid in front of Sua before she left, she also didn't have the time to go back home and grab her ticket. Her flight will depart in 30 minutes and there's no way she can make it.

 

"See? This is why I don't think you can survive in a foreign country" there's no doubt Sua is worrying about her friend.

 

"You might be able to speak in 5 languages, but your surviving skills !"

 

"Here's your ticket. I saw you left it on the kitchen table before we go out. Thank god I'm the one who came out last and not you" Sua hand over the flight ticket to Yoohyeon.

 

"Aaaaaaa, thank you Sua! You're such a lifesaver. This is why I love you" She hug Sua and start to jump like a little kid.

 

Sua hug Yoohyeon back and pat her back. She tighten her hug and hold Yoohyeon long enough to make sure the girl gets the message.

 

Sure they bicker a lot during the period they being a roommate. But nothing say I care about you more than a little fight every now and then.

 

Being a roommate for more than 2 years make her know about Yoohyeon sleeping habits really well. How she like to wear a mask every night before she goes to sleep while playing PUBG before wash it off. And finally, watching some ASMR video on YouTube. It's calming she said.

 

As for Sua, she didn't know how it started, but she love to kiss Yoohyeon on the cheek before she goes to sleep. With Yoohyeon being away, she's not sure if she can sleep tonight.

 

After the long hug, Yoohyeon decided to loosened it up, "Don't worry unnie, I can take care of myself. I'm a big girl after all" she smile trying to reassuring Sua. And maybe herself too.

 

"If you say so. You better go in already, there's less than 10 minutes left" Sua remind Yoohyeon

 

With a pout on her face "you sure can't wait to get rid of me huh?"

 

"Don't be stupid. Do you want to miss your flight then?" Sua glare at the younger girl

 

Yoohyeon stomp her feet like a little kid "but I don't want to leave youuuu"

 

Sua can't help but give the girl a motherly smile "you're not leaving me or neither am I. We're gonna meet each other again in 2 weeks aren't we?"

 

"Now shush, before you miss your flight and your boss decide to fired you" She hand the girl her luggage and push her away

 

"Fine, fine! Tch, you sure are bossy" Yoohyeon then take her luggage with her and start walking to the departure gate

 

5 meters before the gate, Yoohyeon scream, "IF YOU AND SIYEON DECIDE TO HAVE AT EVERY CORNER OF THE HOUSE, MAKE SURE YOU DISINFECT IT BEFORE I COME HOME"

 

She smile and start to run into the gate

 

"This little sh-"

 

On her way from departure gate to her flight gate, Yoohyeon saw a girl with a purple-ish pink shoulder length hair. She can't help but to admire the stranger hair. Despite not seeing the person face, she think it looks really good on the person.

 

Looking at her watch, Yoohyeon realised she doesn't have a lot of time left. She stop staring at the stranger and decide to walk a little bit faster.

 

Upon arriving at her flight gate, she felt a little bit relieved since there's a lot of other passengers who still queuing their way in.

 

While waiting, Yoohyeon turns her head back looking if there's still other passengers who arrive late than her. To her surprise, the purple-ish pink hair girl is queuing at her back. What even more surprise is, she actually knows the person.

 

"Yoo.. Yoo.. Yoobin?" she can't help but to stutter

 

"Yoohyeon? Oh my god, its you!" the girl name Yoobin reply back with a hint of excitement in her voice. She then hug the girl.

 

Loosening it up "Wow, it's been a long time since I saw you. Look at you, still taller than me. It's not fair"

 

Yoohyeon chuckle at the shorter girl statement "That's what happened when you don't drink your milk Yoobin"

 

"I'm too late now aren't I?" the girl sigh

 

Trying to change the topic, Yoohyeon ask the girl "So, are you going to France too?"

 

"Yeah, I've been wanting to go there for a while now. I finally got the chance"

 

"Wow, lucky you. You're going there by yourself? For how long?"

 

"Yes, all by myself. For couple of weeks. How bout you? Personal or business purpose?"

 

"Work. My boss decided to send me over for a 2 weeks seminar. Urghhh"

 

Yoobin just laugh at Yoohyeon's rant. Part of her glad the Yoohyeon she used to know is still the same.

 

"Well, that's adulthood for you. Hey, but at least you can have a trip at your favourite country right?" she tries to comfort her old friend.

 

"You still remember" Yoohyeon smile

 

"Who doesn't? You used to have a big picture of Eiffel Tower in your room"

 

"Hehehe, I used to aren't I?" she grin

 

"So I've been looking at your shirt, it says 'Stockholm Syndrome'?" question Yoohyeon

 

"Are you sure you've be looking at my shirt and not something else?" Yoobin raise her eyebrows

 

Yoobin and Yoohyeon has a lot of history together. Both of them first met each other at kindergarten. Being the opposite of each other, they somehow matched really well.

 

Like any other friendship, hyperactive Yoohyeon is the one who approached Yoobin first. She can't help but noticed how Yoobin always prefer sitting alone reading books unlike kids around her age who running, jumping, and playing with each other on the kindergarten playground.

 

Although Yoobin barely say anything when the girl sit next to her, slowly she starts to open up to Yoohyeon.

 

Years has goes by and they end up going to the same school and being each other first love. That's until both of them end up going to a different University.

 

People say distance doesn't matter when it comes to love, but they slowly drift apart in college. With assignments consuming most of their time, after a year, they decided to break it off.

 

"Oh, stop it. Seriously though, what does it mean?" Yoohyeon ask once again

 

"You never heard of it before? That's why you should read more" Yoobin tease the taller girl

 

"Hey, I read okay" she reply with a slightly higher voice

 

"Comics doesn't count"

 

"Shut up!"

 

Not wanting to anger the girl even more, Yoobin answer the question "Stockholm syndrome is something that happened when a person kidnapped someone and after some period of times, the person who being kidnapped end up trusting their kidnappers"

 

"It can simply turn a stranger to be your friend, a person who hate you to love you, and like what's on your t-shirt, from a stalker to lover"

 

"Oohhh, that's creepy" She can't help but getting a little bit of goosebumps listening to Yoobin explanation

 

"Is it? Despite that, I did think it interesting"

 

"How so?"

 

"Doesn't it amaze you how easily you can manipulate someone if you have the time and know how to do so?"

 

"No matter how interesting it is, it just not right. You can't manipulate other people for your own benefit" Yoohyeon sound displease with the idea

 

"You have a point" she agreed, not wanting to fight with Yoohyeon when they just meet after a long time

 

"Miss, your ticket please" asked the flight attendance

 

Yoohyeon turn her back to Yoobin and hand over her ticket. Unfortunately she missed a little smirk on Yoobin face.

 

"You'll be mine again Yoohyeon" she said to herself and show her ticket to the flight attendance before follow after the tall girl.