Chapter 1

Finding My Way Back

AN

So tell me what you think about it.

Should I continue?


Chapter 1


 

Both their parents were killed by humans, which cause both the brothers to have a deep hatred towards them. The story goes, the humans noticed that the cattle they were raising, are starting to slowly disappear one by one. They found some of their farm animals drained of blood. Afraid that they themselves will end up with the same fate as their farm animals. The villagers suspects the queer wooden house out in the distance, they all thought that the house was abandoned, but boy were they wrong.

 

It was in the middle of the night, Mingyu was being tucked into bed by his mother.

 

Mingyu’s father senses something is not right, he quickly rushed back into the house. “Wife, I sense something is going on. I think we are caught.” Panic filled his voice.

 

What should we do, husband.

 

We need to leave, like right now. They are already here.” He looked out the window, a horde of people approaching from the horizon, they were carrying pitchforks, torches and murderous intent.

 

You need to take Mingyu and run! Go find Choi Seunghyun! He should be in Hanseong.” His face full of worry.

 

What about you, I cannot just leave you behind. My love.” His wife looked at him with tears in her eyes.

 

Don't worry about me, wife. I’ll be right behind once it’s safe. I promise you.” He tried to reassure his wife

 

Now go! Don't turn back no matter what happens.” He grabbed his wife’s hand and gave a kiss. The six year old boy woke up from all the commotion. “Mother, father, what is going on?” He rubbed his eyes.

 

He crouch down to look at his child’s face, “Gyu, do not be frightened, look after your mother for me. Make sure she will be fine.” he placed a kiss on the boy’s head. The boy just nod.

 

Wife, do know that my heart will always belong to you and Mingyu. Now go before it is too late.” He lightly pushed his wife.

 

The six year old grab hold of his mother’s hand and drag her out of the house. Mingyu’s mother picked up her heavy legs as she follow her son into the forest. She disobeyed her husband’s command. She looked back. Her husband laying on the floor, with blood surrounding him. Her vision became blurry, if it was not for her son dragging her. She would have slip and fall. “What fake promise my love, you have lied.” Her voice filled with grief.


 

Few days had passed since the incident, they are still tracking through the forest. “Mother, I’m hungry.” Mingyu tugged on his mom’s sleeves. “Wait here for a moment Gyu, do not wander off.

 

She looked around the forest for any animals to feast on, she spotted a rabbit. The prey made eye contacted with her. Her eyes immediately turned red for a moment and the rabbit collapsed. After using her powers, she felt giddy. She leaned back on to the tree and sat down. “Gyu, come here.

 

Mingyu approached his mother, she pointed at the rabbit, “Help me with that could you.” Using her powers while she was pregnant and the lack of blood had made her weak.

 

Yes mother.” Mingyu obeyed his mother.

 

She reached out and gave her son a pat on the head, “Good boy.” Mingyu flashed his a blinding smile, feeling proud.

 

She faced her son, “Gyu, I have something to tell you.” Air filled with seriousness.

 

He looked at his mom, his smile dropped and muscle tensed. He didn’t dare to speak, he relaxed slightly when his mother gave him a small smile. “It has to do with your true nature my dear.” Mingyu looked at his mom as if she had grew a pair of horns on her head.

 

I do not understand what you mean mother.

 

Gyu, I am sorry for everything.” Her mom broke down into tears.

 

Mother, what is wrong. Please do not cry.” Mingyu kneeled down in front of his mother.

 

I am sorry for giving so much suffering. I am sorry for being a monster, a beast.

 

Mother, you are not a beast, you are beautiful. Do not call yourself a monster.

 

Her tears subsided when her son said that, it made her smile a little “Gyu, you are so mature at your age.

 

Do you know what is a beast of the night?” she asked her son.

 

Mingyu shaked his head. “No. What is it?

 

She picked up the rabbit, “The beast of the night are blood seeking monster. They need the blood of others to survive. I am one of them, same with you and your father. I'll show you what I mean” Her eyes flashed blood red, her sharp canines extruded out, she sunked her teeth into the rabbit and .

 

Mingyu’s eyes widen. “What did you do?” It’s made his mom worry when Mingyu did not show fear, but curiosity. She released the bite she had on the rabbit

 

Mingyu’s mother did not plan to tell him that he was a vampire until he was older. He is too young to know all this, but she know that she could not make it till then. She knows that she is getting weaker. Her body isn't using the blood she intake.

 

I will teach you how to do it. All you need to do is focus on your canines growing.” She instructed.

 

Mingyu did as he was told, few minutes had passed, “Mother, nothing is happening.

 

Clear your mind Gyu.

 

He tried for a second time, another minute had passed, he could feel his teeth extruding from his gum. He sink his teeth into the rabbit like his mother. It tasted familiar, it tasted like the red liquid medicine that his mother have been feeding him since he was an infant. “It tastes like the medicine you have been giving me.

 

She pulled his son closer, “I will explain everything now.

 

She started by telling Mingyu about the history of the beasts that brings terrors to villagers. “It started out like this. A long time ago, in the Goryeo dynasty, news of a fruit that will give the people that ate it immortal life spread around the whole of korea. A group of young travellers caught scent of the treasure. They began searching for the immortal fruit. The search went on for days, days soon become months, month became years. The group of travellers started with 16 people, it slowly deplated to 6, they were greedy for immortality.” She kept quiet after that, as if to reminiscent her past

 

Mingyu rested his head on his mother’s shoulder, “Did they found what they were looking for?” He was feeling slightly sleepy from walking since the sun was out.

 

She looked down at her son, brushing the hair out of his face, “They did, but they wished that they did not. The fruit was a double edge sword. It was a curse, not a treasure.

 

What do you mean.

 

They discovered the fruit, their greed made them preserved.  But one thing they did not know was the fruit came with a price, the 6 of them took a bite of the fruit, not knowing of the curse.” She continued to her son’s head. Being a kid, he was very curious, but the urge to sleep was over taking. He tried his hardest to stay awake by asking his mother questions, “What was the curse?

 

She smiled gently at him, pushing the stray hair off his face. “In exchange for eternal youth, they were bestowed with a curse, the 6 of them became blood thirsty beast after their emotions were ripped out. They became what is called the beast of the night. Heartless monsters that kills humans.

 

Is there a way to get rid of the curse?

 

There is a way. The only way to get their emotions back was to find their significant other, also known as a soul mate.

 

Why do they seek for blood?

 

The reason was that the beast could not produce blood, therefore they need to source it from either animals or humans. If the beast do not consume any blood, they would first fall into a deep sleep. They would deteriorate into dust if they never consume any blood within a day.

 

But mother, why do you call yourself, father and I, the beast of the night?” Mingyu adjusted himself, so he was laying down on his mother’s lap.

 

Let me continue the story, as I said, they need to find their soulmate. In order to get back their emotions. Only 3 out of the 6 found their other half. From what I know the other 3 died off.

 

Who are the 3 left?

 

There was a moment of silence, his mother looked up into the sky. The moonlight was reflecting off her face. “Me, your father and his friend, Choi Seunghyun.

 

Choi Seunghyun?

 

He has a son slightly older than you, he is a half beast, half human, but his beast side is dormant. His name is Choi Seungcheol, I think you and him will be great friends for the years to come.

 

Mother I don't understand at all.

 

Don’t worry my sweet child, you’ll understand all of it when you grow up.” She placed a kiss on his cheek. “Now get some rest, we need to start moving when the sun comes up.” She watches as her son falls asleep.

 

She felt the fetus in her womb kicking, she rubbed her belly, trying to sooth the unborn child. “Do not worry too, your brother will be here to take care of you when I am gone, Taehyung.










 

Gyu, wake up. We need have to leave.” She shaked the small boy. Mingyu’s eyes shot open, he laid there for a moment before letting out a yawn. “Come on Gyu, we need to go.” She reached out her hand to pulled Mingyu off the ground. She dusted the leaves off his clothes.

 

They were walking when Mingyu feels thirsty, “Mother, I feel thirsty.

 

Gyu, it’s about time I teach you how to control your powers.” She looked around for an unlucky prey. Her senses picked up a bush rustling to the left. “Gyu, do not make any noise.” She whispered. She lead her son towards the unsuspecting prey.

 

They stopped when the caught a glimpse of the deer, “We have the power to tap into the minds of others. You need to clear your mind and focus on your target.

 

Mingyu managed to get the hang of the power after a few try. “You are a prodigy, as expected.” She rustled the boy’s head of hair. They went up to the deer, Mingyu tried to remember what his mother had told him yesterday. His sharp teeth extruded. They filled their belly, Mingyu kept asking how her curse was lifted.

 

How did you and dad find each other?” He was curious as to how his parents managed to find each other even though they are both void of emotions.

 

When you are near your mate, you will feel a irresistible pull.

 

Ohhh, Mother I have a to ask, did you kill anyone?

 

No dear boy, neither did your father, we were in love during the time we ate the fruit, it seem like we were fated to be with each other from the start. Our emotions was not taken.” She had a sad longing smile on her face.

 

'Maybe the reason why her body isn't absorbing the blood, was that she managed to skip the curse.'

 

That is so sweet.” Mingyu smiled

 

You will experience it in the future.

 

I can’t wait for it.” Mingyu is so happy that he cannot explain it with words. He wish that he can experience what his parents had for each other when he grows up.

 

He cannot wait to  grow up.

 

She looked at her son with guilt, "I hope you find your happiness."