One

Love Lost

Jaemin sobbed as he followed him around, desperately trying to stop him. He didn’t know why this came to be. They used to be so in love, every day going by like a dream. But as the days turned into weeks, months, and eventually 3 long years of marriage, his dream was becoming his nightmare. And this was the of it, his love Jeno packing all of his belongings with the thought of leaving, never to come back. Jaemin did everything in his power to stop him, forcefully taking clothes and putting them back, pulling on Jeno’s arm over and over again begging him to stop, trying to back hug him repeatedly in hopes that it will spark a missing flame in Jeno’s heart; but it was no use. Jeno with a blank face took back the clothes from Jaemin’s hands, yanked his arm from Jaemin’s grip, and threw Jaemin off when he tried to give him a back hug. Bruises from the unfeeling, violent Jeno were showing up everywhere on Jaemin’s body but he refused to stop. He couldn’t let him go, not without putting up as much fight as he so desperately can. 

 

Jeno placed his last article of clothing in his second luggage bag before zipping everything closed as quickly as possible and bolting out of the room towards the front door. Jaemin practically screamed in agony and desperation as he followed, running as fast as he can. He miraculously caught up to him and gave one last grip at Jeno’s arm and practically fell at his knees, eyes puffy and red and cheeks drenched in tears. Jeno stopped, literally steps away from the door. Jaemin breathed heavily, both from his endless sobbing and the amount of speed he mustered to catch up to his love who was about to leave him. He looked up, face plastered with desperation and sadness, only to be returned with a blank stare and a loud sigh, one clearly of annoyance.

 

“Jaemin. Let me go.” 

 

“No. Why are you leaving me?” 

 

“Didn’t I already tell you? I don’t love you anymore.”

 

“But why?! What did I do Jeno? One moment I....no WE were in an equivalent to heaven. I was so happy and I know you were too. We loved each other Jeno! And the next thing you know I get plunged into the depths of hell for God’s knows what! What did I do Jeno?! Tell me! WHAT DID I-“

 

“GOD DAMNIT JAEMIN STOP SCREAMING!” Jaemin flinched. Jeno had never shouted at him, ever. Even in their past arguments Jeno had maintained a calm composure, no matter how bad they were. Jeno shouting at him struck fear into him that was unexplainable. It was one thing to make Jeno mad, but this was something completely different. This was......a monster.  

 

“It was already torcher enough having to pack all of my with your constant, loud, sobbing ass and your attempts to grab me. I’m not sorry for any of those bruises you got!” He sighed loudly again, ruffling his hair too. Jaemin fell completely silent, out of fear and shock out of the words that just came out of Jeno’s mouth. He knelt there in front of Jeno, body trembling and eyes on the verge of another tearful breakdown. 

 

“You wanna know why I don’t love you anymore?! Renjun, Jaemin. I love Renjun now! I’ve been cheating on you with him for the past two months and honestly, I love him more than you. I packed all my and now I’m going to live with him. He’s going to back to China to live there and I will go with him there as well. You should be thankful for that as much as I am, because I’ll never have to see your face again and you will never have to see mine. Life’s unfair, Jaemin, but it’s the way it is. I felt more love in Renjun these past two months than I ever did in our three years together. Who knows what will be in store for me when I’m with him longer. Now, let go of me so I can be with someone I actually love.”

 

Jaemin just knelt there, eyes looking up at Jeno in disbelief. He wanted to scream at him, make him say that everything he just said now is completely false. But he couldn’t. Jeno’s angry shouts in combination with the tone of voice he had with him these past few dreadful hours left him speechless, stunned in sorrow and denial. Jeno scoffed and pulled his arm out of Jaemin’s grasp. Jaemin couldn’t muster any strength in his current state, so Jeno was able to take his arm out easily. Tears started falling again, Jaemin’s body trembled like an internal earthquake was occuring inside him. Jeno paid no mind to him however, and took the last few steps to the door. Jaemin watched helplessly as he opened it and walked out into the blinding sunshine of the world. If Jeno was still his right now, Jaemin would be in awe of how the sun brought out Jeno’s best features. His sharp jawline, his beautiful eyes, his out-of-this-world smile that could melt anyone’s heart in an instant. Sadly, Jaemin couldn’t admire those features, because the man he admired for so long was leaving him. Time seemed to slow down as Jeno’s body walked through the opening of the front door and closed it behind himself, leaving the empty, broken-hearted Jaemin to himself in his now single-occupied house.

 

Jaemin knelt there for a while longer, unmoving and unfeeling. He wanted this to be a dream. He wanted to wake up from this hell he just experienced and become conscious to his heaven again, where Lee Jeno was his. But, this was reality. This painful, horrible reality that Jaemin now has to live through was not to be escaped from. Jaemin looked around his house, in search of anything Jeno hopefully left so he could cherish at least something of him. His eyes froze at his refrigerator, where an oh so familiar picture was. Jaemin stood up and walked towards it, getting closer to an emotional breakdown the closer he got to it. With shaking hands Jaemin took the picture off the refrigerator and stared at it, soaking in the memento and the memories that were with it. It was a selfie they took the day Jeno confessed to him, aka the greatest moment of Jaemin’s life. Jeno gave him him flowers along with a customized bracelet with the words “Nana my love” engraved on it. He wore the bracelet and held up the flowers as Jeno took the picture, kissing him on the cheek in the process. Jaemin stared at the photograph with teary eyes, miserable that this was the only thing he had left of him. Lee Jeno was gone from his life, never to return. With that thought finally settling in, Jaemin let out the biggest cry of heartbreak, filling the house with the sorrow of his loss.