Childhood songs (Chapter 2)

Life of a New Assistant

 

--Eunhyuk's POV--

 

“Come in.” I said after a I heard a soft knock.

“Uhh… Lee Hyukjae-ssi?”

“Hmm?” I looked up.

 

Ohmygod… who is this? She's pretty... Aigoo! Don't think about that now!!

 

“Hello? Hyukjae-ssi?” The girl had her arms crossed impatiently.

“Ah, sorry… yes, I’m Lee Hyukjae. What brings you here?”

“Donghae oppa sent me here…”

“Ah. You must be his sister.” I stood, walked towards the girl in front of me and held my hand out.

“My name is _______.” she bows slightly while shaking my hand.

“Call me Eunhyuk..” I said.

 

 

She simply nods.

 

--Your POV--

 

“______-ah~!”

I look back and see Donghae oppa running to me.

“Ah, oppa..”

“Hyukkie’s looking for you!”

“Ok. Thanks oppa..”

 

I smiled and walked away.

 

--No one's POV--

 

“You called?” you said as you knocked on the door of Eunhyuk's office.

“Yeah, can you help me out?”

You walk over to Eunhyuk’s desk then stand still, waiting for an order.

“Do you know how to sing?” Eunhyuk asked, not looking up from the papers he was signing.

“..... Excuse me?” you said, unsure.

“I was asking if you knew how to sing…” His stoic face obviously meant that he was serious.

“I guess so...” you give a small nod.

“Good, now come with me..”

“Where to?” you ask.

“Nowhere...” he shrugs.

You give your boss a skeptical look.

“Just follow me.”

You simply sigh and follow.

---

 

Eunhyuk puts you in a soundproof room with a lone mic in the middle, closes the door, then goes to a room separated by a glass pane.

“What am I supposed to do here?” you sound uneasy, well at least that’s what Eunhyuk thought. He never really saw any other expression of yours other than a quirk of your brow, or a slight twitch of your lips upward, or maybe a small chuckle too soft to hear. Not that he looks forward to all of those though.

Eunhyuk clicks a button and speaks.

“Just sing. Anything at all. I just want you to sing.” he ordered.

“Why?”

“Because…”

“Because?” you look at the man on the other side of the glass with a challenging look.

“Just because.” Eunhyuk returns his stare with his own stubborn one.

You just stare at each other like that for longer, not one of you wanting to give up.

No, that would hurt your pride.

 

“How long will you two plan on staring at each other like that?”

You were the first one to look away.

“Hah? Oh..” You look away as soon as you saw your brother approaching.

“Yo! So have you guys started?” Donghae greeted with a wide grin.

“Not yet.. Let start now?” Eunhyuk’s eyes darted from Donghae to Kyuhyun.

 

You simply nod and start singing the song you and your brother sang since you were very small.

---

“_______-ah…”

Donghae was on the verge of tears. The memories were coming back and it was hard not to just break down.

Eunhyuk was asking himself if it was possible for a person’s voice to be so… warm…

 

Nae maeum dahae… saranghaneun neoreul…

 

You open the eyes that  you didn’t even notice were closed until the end of the song.

You saw your oppa crying. Eunhyuk was rubbing his back and trying to stop his tears.

“O-Oppa!” you suddenly run out of the room and go to where your boss and your brother were.

“______…” Donghae looked up at you while rubbing his eyes, smiling sadly. “I miss singing this song together…”

 

You simply hug your brother after what seems like the longest time you ever remembered.

 

-end of chapter- ^^

 

awww~~~ XD I bet you guys have beautiful voices~ :>

please comment~ ^----^ subscribe if you want~~ XD