Prologue

EXO IS MY HOUSEMATE?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a cloudy day in South Korea; dark ominous clouds loomed over the city, making the skies dark and gray. Today was the day that everyone despises the most. It was Monday. The day that everyone in the entire world hates. It's Monday, nobody likes Mondays! What person in their right mind likes Mondays in general? Usually, on Mondays, everyone just wanted the day to hurry on by so they can just go home and sleep. Well, that's how everyone feels about the days of the week. As for Ali Park, she was just waiting for her class to end so she can go home for the day and relax.

The clock in the classroom ticks; minute passes by, seconds goes by. It feels like her literature class was probably going to last for an eternity. Every minute, Ali would look over to where the clock is on the wall and would check what time it was. "Dammit." Ali thinks to herself, looking back to the front of the classroom where the professor stood. "Not a minute passed by and it already felt like an hour has gone by." Ali lets out a slow exhale before slowly shrinking down in her seat.

"Mondays. I hate Mondays." Ali scowls mentally, sitting up straight before continuing on taking notes in her EXO notebook with her EXO mechanical pencil. "And that will be your assignment for the week. The assignment will be due on Thursday." The professor drones; he walked over to his desk and sat down. Ali looks around the classroom; it seems like almost every single one of her classmates wanted to fall asleep right there on the desk. The lecture was boring as usual; Ali wasn't surprised that the entire class wanted to fall asleep. Plus it's Monday. 

Ali's eyelids were drooping down; she slowly lays her head on the desk, a quiet yawn escapes as she does so. "Maybe a nap or two wouldn't hurt." Ali thinks to herself. Before she can fully close her eyes and take a small nap on her desk, the bell rung, startling other students. Ali jolted up in her seat and gathered her belongings in her hands and ran out of the classroom.

"Finally! I am done with school for the day!" Ali says aloud, stretching her arms up in the air and yawns. "Now I can just go home and take very much needed nap." Ali scratches the back of her head and begins walking home. The silent air was soon filled with the sounds of Ali's stomach growling. "Looks like I'll be stopping by a small cafe to get something to snack on." Ali sighs to herself.

After grabbing something to eat at a local cafe near the school campus, Ali continues her journey home. The cars drove by, high school students hanging around little convenient stores, loud bustling in the streets were drowned out by the sounds of EXO's music playing in Ali's earbuds. This was something that Ali was used to; it's pretty much her everyday life, after all. Nothing interesting other than the fact that she has college and is constantly occupied by her school assignments.

Her eyes were focused on the pavement in front of her as she was walking when all of a sudden she accidentally walked into someone or something. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I wasn't... looking." Ali trails off, looking at the stand in front of her. Camera crews were set up near the tables that have large boxes lined up on the table. "What is all of this?" Ali whispers to herself, walking around the tables to get a better look. "The Rose, BlackPink, Stray Kids, Dreamcatcher, EXO." Ali reads the labels on each box in front of her on the table. 

"Ah, I see that you are interested in the contest!" The man says, approaching Ali with an eager look on his face. "Interested? Me?" Ali chuckles nervously, looking around to see if any bystanders were also interested. But it seems like she was the only one that was interested in the contest, according to the man. "Why of course! You are the only person that is standing in front of the table beside myself and the camera crew!" The man says, grinning at Ali. "I-I was just curious as to what's going on here," Ali says slowly, looking at the man with a cocked eyebrow. 

"Ah yes! This contest is hosted by KBS!" The man says, throwing his hands around a bit overdramatically. "What is the contest about?" Ali asks, looking at him in confusion. "This contest is where we bring your favorite idols to live with you for however long!" The man says. "The idol or idol group of your choice will see how you, their fan, live! From your personal life to the life as their fans." He grins at Ali happily. "So! How does that sound to you? Are you interested in joining the contest?" The man asks Ali blinks at him for a moment. The camera crew for KBS was obviously filming the conversation that Ali was having with the man. 

"Yea, sure why not?" Ali shrugs her shoulders and walked towards the table. The man hands Ali the form as Ali pulls out her EXO pen from her backpack. Ali begins filling in her information; from her full name to her birthdate to the address where she lives to what idol or idol group she is interested in living with her. "It's not like I'll win this contest anyways. It seems rigged. Some rich kid will win the contest." Ali thinks to herself as she writes down her personal information for the contest. "I swear to God, if they steal my personal information, I'll take them to court with full evidence!" Ali curses to herself internally. 

"Done, where do I put this form?" Ali asks, looking at the host for directions. "You can put your information into one of the boxes that have each idol group names on them." The host of the contest replies, pointing at the cardboard boxes. Ali walks over to the furthest box to the right and looks down at the label to make sure she doesn't put her form into the wrong box. The box in front of Ali was labeled as EXO in big bolded words that was underlined. Ali slides her information into the box. "Congratulations, you have successfully entered the contest!" The host says, grinning at Ali widely. Ali smiles back at the man awkwardly before continuing her journey on her way home. 

Ali approaches the front doorsteps of her house and pulled out the house keys, which, of course, has EXO keychains attached to them. Ali unlocks the front door and walks into the house, taking her shoes off at the front of the door before closing the door behind her. "Ali, are you home from school?" Ali hears her mom call from the other room. "Yes, I am home from school." Ali responds, shoving her house keys into her purse. "How was school today?" Ali's mom asks, peeking her head from the corner. "School was same old, same old." Ali answers, taking her backpack off and placed it down on the couch and walked over to where her mom was.

"Did anything interesting happened today while you're at school or coming home from school?" Ali's mom asks, Al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter