Communication Is Key

Communication Is Key

YOUR P.O.V.

 

“I’m going out for a bit, oppa. Just gonna buy something from the mall and get some fresh air.” I announced while I put on my boots by the door. “Yeah, sure.” He nonchalantly answered without looking up from whatever he’s doing on his laptop. I rolled my eyes and left him alone in my apartment.

 

 

I’ve scoured the whole shopping mall and I can’t find the stupid toy. I am frustrated, tired, and hungry so I stopped by a fast food chain for a quick bite. As I was eating, I checked NCT discussion boards in hopes of finding a comment about where I can possibly buy the microphone. There were a few comments that stated where they bought theirs but most of it were malls from a city far from me so I kept looking. I am so close to giving up when I finally landed on a comment which says there’s a pretty famous toy store near me that sells the microphone so I quickly got up and ran out of the mall.

Upon entering the said store, I approached a female employee nearby. “Excuse me? Do you happen to know NCT?” I asked and she smiled at me. “You’re also looking for the microphone toy?” She inquired. Wow, my boyfriend’s lame talk show is popular. I gave her a shy smile and nodded. “I’m sorry, ma’am but we just ran out of stock a little earlier. You can come back tomorrow.” She informed me. I was disappointed but hey, what can I do? I guess I’ll just go back home and think of something else.

I thanked the employee, my shoulders slumped, and I dragged my feet towards the exit. “Uh, miss? Do you want me to call and check the other branch nearby if they have stocks left?” She called out, probably noticing the change in my mood. I faced her and gave her a big smile. “If it’s not too much of a hassle for you then, yes.” She gestured and led me to the counter and I waited patiently as she walked around and called up the other branch.

She returned with the store’s brochure in her hand. “Sorry for making you wait.” She apologized and I told her it was alright. She said she called up a few branches nearby and only one of those still had stocks. She encircled the address of the said branch on the brochure and handed it to me. I thanked her profusely as she walked with me to the exit. “Fighting haeyadwae!” She said, making me laugh and tell her the same thing before leaving the store.

After hours of walking around, I finally found the store branch and hurriedly entered it. The employees greeted me by the door and I approached them. “Hi! Do any of you happen to know NCT?” I ask and one employee chimed in. “You must be from the other branch.” He smiled and I nodded. “We have reserved the microphone for you. Please come with me.” He said, leading me to the cashier. Thank god! Finally! I just want to go home and cuddle with Doyoung and I will be able to in an hour. If there’s not much traffic, that is. I paid for the toy and rushed out of the place, jogging towards the taxi bay.

As I wait for a taxi to arrive, I decided to check my phone for the time. Wow, time flies by so fast. I’ve been out for 5 hours already. There were also a few missed calls and messages from Doyoung, asking me where I am and that he’s not leaving until he sees me. A taxi arrived right before I hit send. Wanting to go home and cheer up Doyoung, I immediately entered the cab and told him my address, forgetting that I haven’t pressed the send button yet.

 

 

“I’m home!” I sung as I made my way to the living room. Doyoung stood up from the couch and glared at me, his hands on his hips. “Where did you go?” He asked and I opened my mouth to answer him but he didn’t give me the chance to. “Why didn’t you tell me you were going out?” This time, his voice had a hint of suspicion towards me. “What? Doyoung, I told you I was gonna go buy something and get some fresh air! You told me ‘yeah, sure’ without even looking up from whatever you were doing on your laptop.” I explained to him but he was obviously not buying it. “For 6 hours?! You went out for fresh air and to buy something for 6 hours?!” He started to raise his voice and his breathing got heavier. “The mall is just 15 minutes away from this apartment but it took you 6 hours to come back here?! Just tell me the truth, y/n!” I flinched at his words and his tone because he’s practically shouting at me right now. I gathered up my strength and raised my voice at him too. “What truth do you want?! I already told you, I went out for fresh—“

“That you’re cheating on me!” he interrupted.

“I’m what?!” I shrieked. How dare him. “Wow, Kim Doyoung. I dealt with your ty attitude since this morning, I tried to comfort you, and I searched the city for this dumb just to make you feel better and this is what I get in return?!” I yelled at him, hurling the stupid gift wrapped toy towards him and he caught it mid-air. “You know what, Doyoung? I’m so tired of your bull. I’m leaving. You better be out of here when I return.” I said softly and ran out of my apartment, tears streaming down my face.

 

 

DOYOUNG’S P.O.V.

 

She slammed the door and I was left dumbfounded. I looked at the carefully wrapped box in my hands and read the card attached to it.

To: Bugs Bunny

I noticed you’ve been in a very bad mood since this morning and I didn’t want to pry so I waited for you to open up to me as I tried comforting you but you just pushed me away. How rude. :( Then I found your vroom vroom talk show microphone under the bed and saw that it’s broken so I thought maybe buying you a new one would cheer you up again. This may not have the memories the other one had but you can make new memories with this one too! :) Cheer up, oppa. I love you so much!

P.S.: Your fans are wild. I went to a bunch of stores both inside and outside the mall for this and only one store had some stocks left. Your fans love you too! Keep up the good work, oppa. I’m always here to support you.

I ripped the package open and it was a new microphone toy. The exact same brand and model as my infamous talk show microphone. “.” I cussed under my breath. I ed up. I could’ve just opened up to her, like I always did, about my big fight with Taeyong hyung but no. I chose to be an to her just because I wanted her to ask me first for a change. Like she always told me, “communication is key!”, and I ing do the opposite. Great. I slump back down on the couch and sigh. “And she probably thinks I’m a childish who’s been in a bad mood because of a god damned broken toy.” I chuckled to myself. “Stupid Doyoung.” I muttered.

 

 

YOUR P.O.V.

 

I thanked Kun for letting me hang out at their dorm to vent out and cry. “No worries! We’re always here for you. Jungwoo may not be as talkative as Lucas was but he cares about you too.” He gave me a reassuring smile and patted my back. “Our ears and arms are always open for you so never hesitate to come knocking on our door if you need anything.” He added and I hugged him, thanking him again for being so nice and also for walking me home. “I hope you and Doyoung fix this mess soon because Lucas ‘totally ships’ you guys.” He said, making air quotes as he imitated what Lucas said to you earlier. We both laughed and Kun told me to go inside and get some rest. I hugged him one last time and I told him to take care on his way home and he gave me two thumbs up.

I entered my apartment and all the lights were off. I guess Doyoung left already. I shrugged and left my boots by the shoe racks. I pressed the light switch and my home was flooded with light… and rose petals, apparently. “Huh.” I followed the trail of petals and I ended up in the dining room. The lights here were off but there was a lighted candle in the middle of the table and it was enough for me to see the surroundings and Doyoung who’s wearing a nicely fitted suit. “Hi.” I breathed out as I stare at him in awe. He’s so handsome. “Hi.” He replied, smiling sheepishly. Even when he’s just talking, it still sounds like music to my ears. He’s too perfect. I can’t stay mad at him. “Look, I want to apologize for what happened earlier.” He started. “No, Doyoung. I should’ve asked you what was wrong.” I walked around the table and straight into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down and he rested his forehead on mine as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “But I shouldn’t have been a jerk to you in the first place.” He whispered, looking into my eyes and I admired his. We stared at each other like that for a while, slowly swaying side to side to imaginary music until he decided to break the silence by apologizing to me again, explaining about the huge fight he had with Taeyong, and promising that he’ll never be like that to me again. “Communication is key, right?” he asked, smiling and I nodded, smiling back at him. “I love you.” He whispered. “I love you too.” I replied.

“I cooked us dinner. I hope you’re hungry.” He invited me to eat but I pulled him back. “Can we keep dancing for a bit first?” I looked up at him and he smiled softly. “Okay.” He kissed my forehead before humming a nice and relaxing tune, our eyes closed and our bodies pressed together as we danced and enjoyed the romantic moment.