사랑한다는 말을 해도 돼요?

Is it okay to say I love you?

 

Each day being near him has increasingly turned unbearable. Even when Yoongi-hyung appears at the corner of my eye, my heart skips a beat; my eyes focus on him as if I were a photographer using their camera lens to keep the subject in center. Being inside the same room, I look at him and the wall behind him blurs and he, the subject of my own lens, is so clear and crisp that every detail of his face and body is already etched in my mind.

I've memorized every part him, especially things that I love. The wrinkles that appear on the corner of his eyes when he smiles, the pink hue on his cheeks when he has a drink too many, and the lines the trace down his nose to the corners of his lips when he laughs at my jokes. His laugh--God, his laugh. The moment he laughs it's as if he's healed every painful wrong in the world. 

At any opportunity, I want Hyung beside me. I want him close to me. If not, I want to be able to see him where I stand. But more than that, I want him to look at me knowing how I feel about him. His eyes--let there be love, too. The only hope I have is when I reveal what I've been harboring for years, he won't hate me.

Oh God, please don't make him hate me. If there is one wish I have it would be that he'd still be my Hyung.

"Hyung... I have something to tell you."

Him on my right, he finally faces me and asks me what I have to say. He places his hand on my thigh and I feel the nerves kick in. Will I be able to tell him?

"Hyung... uhm... for a long time I-I..."

"Okay, everyone! Take five!"

The photographer, who is shooting us for the Puma brand campaign, exclaims to us and the staff to take a break. The other members stand from where we're seated while bellowing different comments along the lines of 'hungry', 'tired', and 'sleepy'. Frustrated, I try to come up another plan to profess my feelings. 

We move to the waiting room and the other members change into their new sets of clothes. I also am changed into another top and bottom for the shoot. While a make-up artist touches up my foundation and lips, I tip toe to see where Yoongi-hyung could be. I ask one of the coordinators what is scheduled next and I hear individual shoots are up, Yoongi-hyung being up first. By the time the make-up artist was finished with my touch up, I hurriedly left the waiting room to the studio. 

I see Hyung making different poses and expressions. He looks left for a few seconds, changes the angle and looks to the right and he sees me. He smiles wider than how we did taking the shots and I smile back, enthusiastic that I got his attention. 

"Good, Yoongi-sshi. Keep that smile! I like it."

The photographer makes comments and Yoongi-hyung's cheeks turn pinker. Hyung is just so ing cute.

"Alright, that's a wrap! Call in RM please!"

Yoongi-hyung bows and thanks the photographer and walks towards me. My heart is racing. He's headed my way and I don't think I'm ready to--

"Jimin-ah, you had something to tell me?"

"Uhh...y-yeah."

"What is it?"

I swallow the saliva that's been collecting inside my mouth and my dried out lips. I'm unable to meet Yoongi-hyung's eyes that I avert my gaze to the ceiling.

"Hyung, I-I've been meaning to say--"

"Hey, why aren't you looking at me?"

"Wh-what? I-I am."

He tip-toes and follows my eyes attempting to match where I'm looking.

"I can't do it here."

I grab his hand and I drag him to an enclosed space next to the waiting room. I open the door to find the restroom occupied. I let go of my hyung's hand and bend my back forward to check under each stall, confirming that no one else is inside. Yoongi-hyung must already think what I'm doing is weird.

"Jimin-ah, are you looking for something? Why are we here?"

I stand upright after reaching the fourth and last stall. Turning around, my face is flushed pink and Yoongi-hyung is looking at me with a raised brow and curious eyes. I avoid his eyes and lower my chin, looking down at my feet and fiddling with my fingers. 

"Hyung, I-I..."

"Jimin-ah, is it okay I go first?"

"Huh?"

I shoot my head up and I hear a click from the door. Did Yoongi-hyung just lock us in? He walks towards me, slowly and steadily. With each step, my stomach churns. The butterflies in one's stomach I thought it was just folk's tale but it's forming true at this moment. My favourite Hyung is now a foot away from me.

"Jimin-ah, I'm just gonna ask you a question. For the longest time, I've kept this to myself. You don't need to reply right away. You don't even have to say anything. Just nod or shake your head okay?"

I nod my head to say yes, following his instruction.

"Is it okay to say I love you?"

I hold my breath and freeze still. I'm unable to form any coherent sentence, as expected. I just nod my head a couple of times and Yoongi-hyung laughs.

"I love you, Jimin-ah. I just had to say it. You were taking so lo--wait... a-are you crying?!"

Unexpectedly, I was confessed to and tears are falling. For most of the day I've been building the courage to tell him how I felt and he beat me to it. Yoongi-hyung wipes my tears with his hoodie sleeve. 

"Ah, don't use the hoodie. Or we won't get this endorsement deal again."

He laughs at my joke and pinches my cheek, uttering the words 'cute' and 'adorable' at me. Abruptly, we heard the door shake and a voice outside. Someone must want to use the restroom.

"Let's go, Jimin-ah."

He takes my hand, cups it and pulls me. We walk hand-in-hand. I never thought this day would come but it has.

I wasn't able to confess to him but this is everything I've ever wanted. 

Hyung, when is it okay to say I love you too?