Chapter 1

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at the ceiling replaying the scene in my head. The USB that was thrown at Jongup after he had been injured had the horrific scene I never wanted to see, Youngjae being beaten then his kidnappers demanding we give them money.

“So what do we do, boss?” I faintly heard Zelo ask. Moving my gaze to the boy, I noticed everyone else was staring at me. I sighed and leaned forward, my elbows on my knees.

“What else can we do? We get the money and get Youngjae back.” I said, looking into each man’s eyes. Yongguk and Himchan shared a look, Daehyun looked down at his hands, Jong Up held his head with a grimace on his face, and Zelo looked surprised.

“How?” Yongguk’s deep voice asked.

“We’ll have to steal it. Yongguk and Zelo, I need you to go take photographs of potential places we can ambush the trucks from the bank. Daehyun and Jong Up, take the money out of the safe and get more weapons. Himchan, fix up the trucks.”

“All the money in the safe? Isn’t that the last of it?” Daehyun asked, his voice an octave higher in surprise.

“I have a feeling that we won’t need it anymore. After we get Youngjae back, I’m disbanding everyone. I can’t risk your guys’ lives anymore.” I said, meeting their eyes again. “It doesn’t matter if something happens to me, but you guys have families. Hell, Zelo and Jong Up are still kids. I can’t expect you guys to be safe in this kind of work anymore.” I said, looking away from them. “I’m sorry I ever pulled you into this.”

“Noona, what happened to hyung isn’t your fault.” Zelo said, quickly. I looked up to his and Jong Up’s faces.

“It is. Jong Up got hurt because of me and Youngjae got kidnapped. I don’t want to see anything happen to the rest of you. This is my final decision.” I said, standing up and leaving the room. A couple years ago I had recruited these six men for my gang because of their separate skills. Yongguk was their leader, so he was technically my second in command. Himchan was the mechanic, he could fix any vehicle. Daehyun was in charge of weaponry. Youngjae was the computer genius, he could hack into anything. Jong Up and Zelo were in charge of luring our targets and kidnapping them. I sincerely regret getting those two involved the most. They were still in school and I dragged them into this lifestyle.

Honestly, it was time that it ended anyway. I have police down my back, hunting for me. Guess you could say, I was a wanted criminal. It’s not easy to get away with murder and kidnapping, even if it were for the greater good. As far as the police are concerned, I was the only one in this operation as they got the rest of my gang a while back. I’m ashamed to say this gang war started out of pettiness between our two groups. Mine and the ones who took Youngjae. I don’t remember the exact reason, but I do know that it wasn’t worth these past five years of terror.

Sighing, I slumped down in my chair in my office and laid my face on my desk. I have got to be the worst person out there. Risking people’s lives to get my revenge on some who makes his men do all the work while he hides in the background. There were quiet knocks on the doorframe before someone stepped in and stood in front of my desk. I looked up to see Daehyun standing there.

“What is it?” I quietly asked him, noticing the look on his face.

“What does this mean for us?” He asked simply, standing stiffly. We’ve been together for the past two years, him somehow accepting my reputation and setting it aside. I can honestly say I love him.

“You’ll go back to your life before and be happy.” I said, leaning back in my chair.

“No. What about US?” He asked again, walking around the desk and kneeling in front of me.

“You can’t be with someone who’s wanted by every police officer in the entire region. They don’t know you have anything to do with me, which is for the better.”

“Jagiya, no. I don’t want to leave you. I love you too much.” He said, kissing me softly.

“I love you too, but I think it’s for the better. Look, we’ll stay together until we get Youngjae back and I send you all back home. Deal?” I asked him, softly pushing his hair out of his face. He didn’t seem pleased, it also seemed like this wasn’t going to be the last we would talk about this. I sighed and softly planted a kiss on his forehead before turning my attention to my desk. “Go do what I told you.” I said, snapping back into the boss.

“No we aren’t done talking about this. I already almost lost you once, I won’t have that happen again.” He said sternly, making me look at him.

“Jung Daehyun.” I said in a tight voice. He looked down and nodded then walked out of the room. Although we were dating, he knew his place when it came to orders from me. Hell, Yongguk and Himchan were older than me, but still listened to me.

“I already almost lost you once..” His words echoed in my head. That’s right. I had almost died about a year back. We had reports of men in our territory offering to sell us good weapons so I took all 6 of them with me with the hopes of securing a new outlet for supplies. Once we had got to the area, we noticed that there were 3 guys standing around a couple crates. When we walked up, they smiled and we started negotiations. Then Daehyun, Youngjae, and Yongguk were knocked out from behind. Himchan, Jongup, and Zelo immediately kneeled down as we noticed 5 other guys behind us. We were ambushed. The three men of mine that were awake immediately got the kicked out of them as the 5 guys ganged up on them. The three men in front of me made their way over to me as I pulled my gun out and shot the guys kicking my men’s asses. Surprised that I had a gun, they all looked at me when I shouted the order to retreat. Jongup and Himchan immediately got to work attempting to wake up Youngjae, Daehyun, and Yongguk. Zelo stood up and walked over to me as the guys in front of me landed a punch to my gut. Another of the s backhanded me and knocked my gun out of my hand. I looked back at Zelo.

 

“Noona!” Zelo cried out as he punched a guy in the face, only to be punched back.

 

“Get out of here!” I screamed at all of them. I groaned quietly as another punch was landed on my face, causing me to fall to my knees. The man pulled my hair back painfully, making me look at him before he punched me again, knocking me fully to the ground. One of the other men kicked me in the side, making me roll onto my stoma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter