Chapter 2

Stop It

 

I yawned again for the hundredth time as everyone finished eating.

“That was really good. Best stir fry I’ve ever had.” Himchan commented, petting my head. I pulled away from him and giving him a weird look.

“Okay, now who’s going to clean the kitchen? You guys made a mess.” Youngjae said, pointing to the dishes and ingredients all over the place. I stood up and yawned again, making my way to the kitchen and frowning. I’m too tired for this . Daehyun’s arms wrapped around me again and a kiss was planted on my cheek.

“Just go to bed, jagi, I’ll clean up.” He said, smiling.

“Are you sure?” I asked him, turning around in his arms.

“Mm. No, but if you would rather just sit down and wait for me to finish cleaning, I’ll sing for you tonight.” He laughed, smiling his eye smile. I smiled back at him and nodded before lightly pecking his lips and walking into the living room where Yongguk was watching Junhong and Jongup play games on the TV. Junhong was laying on his stomach on the floor and Jongup was sitting on the very edge of the couch. I yawned again and walked over to Junhong and laid on top of him.

“What are you doing?” He asked, not taking his eyes off the screen.

“Don’t worry about it.” I told him, laughing as he tried to shake me off. “Stay still!”

“I’m not your pillow!” He complained, laughing.

“You are today.” I said, locking my arms around his.

“Can you at least get off and use me as a pillow that way?” He asked, trying to sit up.

“Fine.” I sighed, getting off him. He sat up and crossed his legs before nodded at me. I laid on the floor and laid my head on his thigh, watching the game he was playing. I wasn’t really paying attention to it, but it was some kind of fighting game. My eyes drifted shut as Junhong’s character ripped Jongup’s character’s head off.

 

Daehyun finished wiping down the counters and sighed before walking out of the kitchen, ready to get his sleepy girlfriend and go to bed. To his surprise, he walked out to see Junhong passed out on the ground with Daehyun’s girlfriend laying her head on his stomach, asleep as well. He smiled softly before walking over and shaking them awake.

“Let’s go to bed sleepyheads.” Junhong immediately stood up and walked to their bedroom whereas the tired woman just curled herself into a ball. “Jagi~” Daehyun called out, pushing the hair out of her face.

“Nooo.” She whined.

“Come on, let’s go to bed. In an actual bed.” He laughed at her as she pouted and held her arms out to him without opening her eyes. He sighed and picked her up and walked to the bedroom. When he got into the room, Junhong was already deep in his covers with headphones in his ears, his normal routine whenever Daehyun’s girlfriend comes over, considering that most nights they would be talking into the early hours of the morning and Daehyun would then sing her to sleep.

Setting her down on the bed, he pulled off his shirt and got into bed next to her and pulled the blanket over the both of them as she snuggled into his chest. Wrapping his arms around her, he slowly got lost in thought as he sang quietly in her ear. Her breathe started to slow down as he spoke up.

“Hey baby?” He asked, wanting to get this out before she falls asleep.

“Mm?” She asked, almost asleep.

“How long have we been together?” He asked, wondering how he could get this out before she falls asleep.

“4 years?” She asked, a second away from falling asleep.

“You’re asking like you don’t remember.” He said, amused. She seemed to wake up a little before snuggling further into his chest.

“No, no, no. I remember.” He started rubbing her back and just smiled as he kissed the top of her head.

“How’d we meet?” He asked, testing her.

“It was really rainy and I didn’t have a coat or an umbrella and some really good looking guy and his dorky friend came along and offered to help me home.”

“He is really good looking, isn’t he?” Daehyun said, sounding smug.

“Yeah, Youngjae really is.” She smiled, knowing how he’d react.

“What?! Youngjae?!” He raised his voice an octave and his smile was immediately lost as she started laughing.

“I’m just kidding. You’re much better looking than Youngjae.

“Better be kidding…” He pouted.

“Quit pouting.” She laughed. It was quiet for a couple minutes before he spoke again and she was almost asleep again.

“Let’s get married.” He whispered in her ear. She was immediately awake and her heart started pounding.

“What?” She asked, her breathe pausing. Maybe he’s just joking.

“Let’s get married.” He said louder. She sat up and looked at him.

“Are you serious?”

“Of course I am.” He sat up and put his hand on her cheek. “Why wouldn’t I be? I love you so much. I don’t want to spend my life with anyone else.”

She stared at him, straight into his eyes, making sure he wasn’t pulling her leg. There wasn’t any sign of a joke in his face, he was completely serious.

“Yes.” She smiled. “Yes, let’s get married.” He smiled widely at her, kissing her deeply.

“Good, I’ll get you a ring in the morning.” He said, laying back down with her.

“I don’t think I can sleep now.” She said, snuggling into the crook of his neck, her breath sending chills down his spine.

“I know how to make you tired, if you want.” He smirked. She laughed and lightly slapped his chest as it rumbled with laughter.

 

“You may now say your vows.”

“The moment when I saw you, I knew in that moment all those years ago, that I would never want to share my life with anyone, but you.” Daehyun started, tears forming in his eyes and his voice getting a little choked up. “And so in front of all these people,” He motioned to everyone in the audience, my family, his family, our friends. “I promise to choose you. I choose you when things get hard. I will choose you no matter where our careers go. I’ll choose you when we’re sick, I’ll be there for you. I’ll protect you with everything I can. So from this moment forth, I will always choose you.” I smiled through my tears at him.

“I want to start off by thanking you. Thank you for showing me what love means. Before I met you I didn’t think it existed. Thank you for telling me I’m beautiful when I know I look like a mess. And thank you for choosing me when I made it possible for you.” I cleared my throat and grabbed a piece of paper my sister was handing me. “I was having a hard time writing vows because I kept getting emotional so I asked my niece to write them for me, this is what she thought I should promise to you.” I told Daehyun as he smiled at the flower girl sitting on my mother’s lap. “I promise that I will stay married to you forever. I promise that I will love you for the rest of my life. I promise to cook you some food, some good food.” Daehyun laughed and wiped his tears away. “I promise that I love you, I love you very much.”

“And now is the time. I pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride.”

“Don’t mind if I do.” Daehyun said, kissing me deeply as the guests started clapping and cheering. And so began my life as Jung Daehyun’s wife, forever and always.