Song of Constellation

Song of Constellation

<> <> <>

His coffee had gone cold for hours now. Yunho is lying down on the floor, buried in his books and it is so easy to find minutes and hours had passed without him realizing.

…Who was he kidding? He opened a book only to leave it on top of his face, effectively covering his eyes in complete darkness.

Sighing loudly, he finally sets the book aside and sits up to look around the mess around him. Books and loose papers with lyrics that did not feel right are strewn all over the studio floor of his apartment. This is not working, he thought. Yunho reaches for his cold coffee that tasted way too strong and bitter just like his life. He didn’t remember when the coffee was made, only he knew he refused to waste time by sleeping today, his mind is too preoccupied with work. Tragically, he is also having a writer’s block for days now. He can feel what he wants to express but letting the words flow was easier thought than done. Honestly, his inspiration feels more alive when it rained and as ridiculous as it seems, the melody played in his mind. Too bad it doesn’t come with actual words. Yunho had even moved someplace else where it had rainy season (because of course, his place was all sunshine and bright lately) but to no avail, the incomplete lyric greeted him with a mocking tone. Yunho simply gave up and went to sleep for the day. Now, he tried the old fashioned way; perhaps reading good ol’ books would trigger his eloquence.

The result made him lose more time than intended. It is oddly frustrating.

Yunho had been working on a song for weeks now but expressing the right word had been extremely difficult so far. His self-composed songs usually involve some personal experience. He is trying to recall how to create a full-set song. Another problem is that he isn’t really into the idea of having his emotional songs officially released. It would leave him feeling vulnerable to know that he might need to sing it from time and again… he cannot afford to recall the feelings too often. He is used to put a strong front in his image and having to pull the wall down, might just break him.

But he still composes these songs to cope with his emotional bursts. Yunho is especially glad he had people who are willing to make his melodies come to life instead of just himself.

When it comes to asking others’ opinion about the songs he created, he had selective people who he would approach for different type of songs. It is not always his voice that he imagined singing it. Yunho could literally count on his fingers the amount of people he had gone to for his songs. And this particular song is intended for the person he usually goes to confide.

Jaejoong had been the one who had seen the fragile side of him. This song resonates the feeling of not being able to forget the one you loved more than anything and Yunho can just imagine Jaejoong’s soothing yet strong voice to go perfectly with the song. His heart clenched at the thought of Jaejoong who had always been there for him, but not this time. This song was everything he felt about Jaejoong who is no longer by his side.

His laptop remains open and the hanging lines continue to haunt him. Yunho almost went on keyboard rampage before hearing the sound of his door buzz. Changmin had called him earlier; he brought food and asked him not to die yet. Changmin is a good younger brother; he often drops by to visit him, checking whether his hyung is actually breathing. Not that Changmin would ever admit it out loud that he cares about Yunho. It is a nice gesture that Yunho always appreciates him for.

“Hey, Changmin” Yunho greets with a smile.

“Hyung, did you even bathe today?” Changmin sniffs the air. “Did someone died in there?”

“Always nice to see you too” Yunho hugs the guy tight and pats him at the back.

Changmin made a choking sound, probably grossed out by his strong B.O. Yet, he could do nothing but stand there stiffly; his hands were both holding bags of precious food.

“Please spare me your affections because you really need to wash up”

“Fine, fine” Yunho is still grinning as he heads to shower.

He always knew Changmin has a soft spot for his hyungs. If Yunho was one of his friends, he could not say for sure his face would remain bruise-free after hugging the younger man.

By the time Yunho comes out of the bath, he feels more refreshed. Whenever he is occupied with something, he always forgot to take care of himself. There was one person who kept him in check last time, nagging and scolding him about this while making sure Yunho does not miss a meal. His heart feels heavy.

“You’re composing a new song?” Changmin asks.

Yunho is caught by surprise; barely pull himself together in time. Changmin probably saw his drafts on the table which he forgot to bring into his studio.

“Just passing the time”

“Looks like a hurricane in there for ‘passing the time’” Changmin nods toward the messy state of his studio.

“For pure perfection” Yunho distracts himself by turning on the TV.

“Earlier you were also wearing glasses while doing your work in the dark, hyung” Changmin narrowed his eyes, clearly disapproving at the memory of the apartment being swallowed in darkness before Changmin every light in sight, “Why don’t you ever live like someone who pays for their electricity?”

“Is that you caring for my well-being?” Yunho cooed.

Changmin scoffed, “Please, you should be worried when you realize you need to wear thick-rimmed glasses while performing on stage”

Yunho laughed, “There’s a first time for everything”

Changmin couldn’t help a small smile; he was soft towards his hyung after all. He gestured towards the food being served.

“Come on old man, we’re having Jjajangmyeon”

“Let’s enjoy yet another year of a single life!” Yunho cheered.

Changmin was suddenly depressed.

<> <> <>

Jaejoong wants to go out.

He could not stand staying in his home for so long and not seeing outside world. He is tempted to ask one of his friends to go for a drink but it is still broad daylight. He is practicing healthy diet anyway; he is trying to cut down smoking and alcohol. He is on the fourth day for the third time and it was his longest record to date. Jaejoong always believe in the third time's’ the charm.

He wonders what he should do for the day.

Jaejoong decides to persuade Junsu out of his everyday busy schedule. He was convinced that Junsu could never go a day without a work schedule and had grown used to fill his mind with only singing and musical. Jaejoong was still amazed by the immeasurable passion Junsu had for music. If only he can muster the courage to believe his voice is as good as his younger days.

Jaejoong dismissed the depressing thought appearing in broad daylight and just called up Junsu.

“Hi, Jaejoong hyung!” Junsu greets him in that chipper voice of his and Jaejoong couldn’t help but smile at the tone.

“Hey, Junsu-ya, what are you doing now?”

“Oh, I’m on my way to meet the director for a musical”

“As always, you’re one busy dongsaeng of mine”

“Haha! You know me, hyung, I don’t know how to stay still”

“That, you are right” Jaejoong chuckled, “Do you think you can meet me afterwards? Really missed seeing you”

“Oh, I don’t think it will be a short meeting” Junsu sounded apologetic, “But can I meet you for dinner? I’ll drag Yoochun along too!”

Jaejoong didn’t really mind waiting; at least he can see them today. “Sure, I’m guessing you guys would want me to cook”

Junsu laughs, “You’re the best, Jaejoong hyung!”

“Brat” Jaejoong snorts, “Ask Yoochun to bring something to drink, will you?”

Junsu whined, “Again? Hyung, you know I don’t drink”

“Don’t worry, Yoochun and I have high tolerance, unlike our beloved Junsu-ya”

“You’re being mean so I’m hanging up, bye hyung”

“Love you too, Junsu ya”

Jaejoong is laughing because he can hear him pouting through phone as he ended the call.

“What do we do now, Jiji ya?”

The cat looks at him and turned away, disinterested.

“You are adorable” Jaejoong immediately took the cat into his arms.

People often question his judgment in cats. He kept telling them Jiji looks cold hearted, but is actually a warm fuzzy kitty inside. Jaejoong knows that deep down the cat loves him too very much. While Jiji lays in defeat, Jaejoong sees a book he finished reading a few days back. He didn’t realize it was chaptered and he was left hanging when it ends. He could have just ordered it online but Jaejoong really don’t want to stay at the apartment today. The weather outside is perfectly fine to be out and about.

“I want to hunt for books the old-fashioned way” Jaejoong says to the cat, “I might as well buy few other books at the store” Jiji, of course, remains uninterested.

The road is jammed at this time so he decides taking the subway instead.

“I’ll be right back, love” Jaejoong pets Jiji on the way out.

Fresh air entered his lungs, instantly made him feel like today might just be a really good day.

He is still surprised he can take the subway without much disguise. This is the second time and it is not too bad. There are only few people who actually approached him with greetings and had small talk with. He is quite comfortable having conversations like this and it still feels nice to him.

Jaejoong got out of the subway and on his way to his usual bookstore. He had gone to many bookstores before, but most of them were either too crowded or felt too ‘open’. He very much prefers going to this particular bookstore because it is quite hidden and many mistaken the shop as one of those expensive antique shops rather than your regular bookstore.

He is nearly at the bookstore before sudden rain pours in and he had forgotten to bring an umbrella with him. Jaejoong takes quick steps towards the door. The bell chimes to signal his presence when entering the shop. He hoped he didn’t look entirely like a wet cat seeking shelter.

“Oh my, you’re drenched!” The aunt is quick to hand him a dry towel and takes his jacket away to dry it. Jaejoong thanked the aunt then dries his hair the best he could. The cold still seeps through his clothes but it feels much better than before. The aunt’s husband opens up conversation that he finds easy to go with. The old couple reminded him of his parents that always welcome his presence.

Jaejoong feels light whenever he goes to this bookshop and the old couple is part of the reason why he likes this bookstore. He still wondered if they actually recognize him as a singer or an actor because they don’t look like they are interested in the entertainment world. There were not many people in the store today, maybe because of the rain and it is still working hours. He found his way towards the fictional category. It takes him less than a minute to find what he was looking for. He strays from the section to go check out other books. He figured it was still raining outside, might as well spend the time here until it stopped.

At that moment, Jaejoong saw a familiar figure facing one of the shelves. He stops at his track, watching in disbelief at what he is seeing. He can never mistake that person for anyone else. His heart beats keeping a faster pace; Jaejoong had to force his legs to move towards the man. Although his hands right now are trembling uncontrollably, he tried keeping his nervousness inside and embraces the smile that comes out naturally as he approached the man. He never thought a chance like this would appear.

“Didn’t know you’re into this side of genre” Jaejoong stood beside the man while looking at the ‘Self Motivation’ label on the shelf. Jaejoong is slightly proud he managed to keep a stable tone as he spoke. His hands were still trembling and he is wishing his legs would hold off from turning into jellies.

Yunho turned his attention to him and was met with his gaze. Jaejoong swore his heart stopped for 3 seconds. He cannot get over the fact that Yunho is still as tall as he remembered, his legs were ridiculously long and he carried a stance that could not just be anyone but a model or an idol. He wears a simple black jacket over a white shirt. Jaejoong is sure that although Yunho is wearing his thick rimmed glasses with a beanie covering his dark brown hair, he can recognize the man anywhere. He let Yunho sinks in the sight of Jaejoong actually standing beside him. He knows, he too, could hardly believe Yunho is right there with him. He saw Yunho blinks in surprise. How Jaejoong misses those eyes meeting his. The man then managed to gain his thoughts together and now quickly fall back to his normal expression.

“I’m in writer’s block phase, sue me”

Jaejoong released an unexpected laugh.

Yunho again, stared at him in momentary disbelief. Jaejoong is surprised the way Yunho still managed to make him feels great unintentionally. He is so glad that there is no awkwardness between them like he thought they would have had. Both of them sensed that they would prefer to talk about anything but what had happened years ago.

“You’re composing a song?” Jaejoong asked.

“Trying to, as usual, I have the melody but never the words”

“You probably need to look at the thesaurus section instead”

Yunho snorts, “Might as well go to poetry”

“You understand poetry?”

“Not even to save my life”

“I thought so” Jaejoong grinned.

Yunho sees the book Jaejoong is holding. “You read fiction now?”

Jaejoong shrugged, “Takes you out of this world”

The man smiles, “Told you years ago, you’d like it”

Jaejoong paused before flashing a smile of his own, “I do”

They find themselves spending some time browsing and they didn’t talk about anything other than books. Yunho recommended some of his personal favorite of fictional books for him and Jaejoong in return, helped Yunho with his ‘words’ problem. Luckily Jaejoong does read poetry from time to time. Jaejoong threw in a thesaurus just to rile Yunho up about his vocabulary span. It was one of the best days he had since a long time.

“In case you need a different perspective, you should try the author I mentioned earlier”

Yunho directs a smile at Jaejoong, “I will, thank you”

Jaejoong beamed at the smile Yunho had given him for the second time today. God knows he had not seen those meant for him in years. And he just terribly misses Yunho.

He nods before quickly looking away, conveniently towards the window. It was still raining but not too heavily and at this point maybe taking a walk in the light rain is good for him right now. He needs to go back anyway; Jiji is probably waiting to claw him out for food.

Jaejoong wished the old couple good-byes, the aunty voiced her concern that Jaejoong might catch a cold in this weather. He is in the midst of convincing the aunty that he will be fine under the light rain when suddenly Yunho says to the aunty that he will send Jaejoong home instead.

The aunty showed her hundred and ten percent approval.

He blinks multiple times at Yunho, not sure how to react. He knows Yunho could see the tons of question marks all over his face right now.

“I’m heading the same direction anyway”

Like that should explain everything. What if they were seen? Jaejoong is still quiet on their way to Yunho’s car. He is seriously nervous than when he picked up the courage to talk to Yunho earlier. He keeps walking far apart from Yunho and he is busy eyeing everywhere, especially the cars that pass by for cameras. He steals another glance at Yunho and could not shake off the worry that Yunho is going to be in trouble if someone saw.

“Look where you’re going, you might trip over at this rate” Yunho says, “And walk closer to me, you’re not under the umbrella”

“Is this… really fine?” Jaejoong asks finally.

“If you insist on tripping over…”

Jaejoong glares and Yunho smirks before replying, “Don’t worry so much, it’s going to be fine” Yunho put his hand around Jaejoong’s arm to pull him under the umbrella shade.

He feels more at ease after that. Yunho usually has that kind of influence on him.

“Didn’t know even you could forget to bring an umbrella” Yunho amuses.

Jaejoong smirks before replying, “Picked up a certain ‘someone’s bad habit over the years”

Yunho lets out a genuine laugh.

“Mind you, I remember things better now”

“I have to say I’m impressed you brought your umbrella”

Yunho let out a small chuckle then points out, “My car is just over there”.

Yunho asked him how he had gotten to the bookstore and he told about his journey on the subway. Yunho quietly listened to his stories that once he talks, he always don’t remember stopping. He talks about Junsu’s musical and Yoochun’s drama. The man driving didn’t seem to mind it. He asks Jaejoong sometimes to show he is listening. They still avoid mentioning about the past like a plague.

Then Jaejoong asked about Changmin.

Yunho gave a long pause. Jaejoong almost thought it was a taboo subject and that he had no right to know, words of apologies was ready to pour out in-

“Changmin is doing well, in fact the kid is taking care of me instead of the other way around”

Jaejoong didn’t know what to say to that.

“He worries too much when I am in my work mode and forget how to function like a human being” Yunho gave a half-hearted smile before continuing, “I guess I haven’t changed”

Jaejoong’s heart cracks a little, “What is the song about?”

“The song is for someone whom I love and the most important to me”

Jaejoong stayed silent after that, although he is itching to know who it is.

Yunho slowly pull to a stop nearby the place he is living. Jaejoong realized that he hadn’t had to mention where he lived and that means Yunho remembered. He didn’t make a move to get out of the car.

“So, this is me” he says to fill in the silence.

“I know” Yunho replied.

“Is- Will there be any chance for me to meet you again?” he asked and almost hated how small he sounded.

“Maybe” Yunho honestly answered.

“…Are you still using the same number?”

“Yes”

“Oh” Jaejoong bites his lips, he remembered the messages he had left Yunho with.

Asking how he was holding up, words of apologies and long explanations. The drunken angry messages and voicemails he regretted and the desperate atonement calls for the hurt and betrayal he had inflicted that went unanswered. His vision was blurry now.

“I see” His voice feels shaky, “Until next time”

“Yeah” Yunho remains unreadable.

Not that Jaejoong really in the state to analyze.

He rushed out of the car into the safety of his apartment where he sees Junsu and Yoochun already there.

He breaks down in tears.

Arms quickly enveloped around him. He knew his two closest friends were on red alert at his sight. Yoochun gently asked him what had happened while Junsu took a whole box of tissue with him and took out almost all of it for Jaejoong.

He told them about Yunho.

“At least he had not said no” Jaejoong thought bitterly.

“Maybe he is not sure if he’d be tracked when replying you” Junsu suggests.

“Or he wants to overcome something first”

Jaejoong thought about Yunho trying to let out his feelings by composing a song, for a person he loves. Of course he needs to focus on that person first, silly him.

“Give him some time, hyung” Yoochun says.

Jaejoong stared at the floor for a while before saying, “I didn’t prepare any food yet”

Junsu is fast to show off the pizza coupons he had lined up in his phone and posing ridiculous celebratory pose before ordering. Yoochun gestured towards beer packs for the night.

“I love you two so much I might your face off”

“Ew, hyung” both Yoochun and Junsu made faces.

<> <> <>

Yunho was invited to the Hong Seok Cheon’s bar once again. He couldn’t remember what party it was thrown for but he feels like he needed to just get out of the house. Changmin gave a pass; he prefers spending his time in the comfort of his home when it comes to drinking. So Yunho went alone and by the time he arrived, people were already having their rounds of drinking and the owner of the bar welcomes him with drinks in hand. He went about to talk with his group of friends, he hasn’t seen them for some time. In the midst of sharing stories and joking away, he feels that most of his friends had something going on in their life and he was stuck in his.

It was depressing really but he was not going to cry about it because he was a proper adult, whatever that means.

At some point, he gave up socializing and heads toward the bartender to spike up his drinks. Yunho is staring blankly at the moving crowd, hoping something would catch his interest. Until he saw Jaejoong who is talking to few people he vaguely recognized were Heechul, Shindong and Junjin. The man had colored his hair blond once again. He is wearing all black and tight fitting jeans. He is wearing eyeliner around his eyes that brought up the unattainable look with his porcelain skin. The blond appears ethereal and Yunho couldn’t look away after that even if he wanted to. He forgets how tantalizing the man can be; Yunho is trapped admiring the way the blond remains as engaging and charming while his friends spoke to him. He envies those who made the blond letting out carefree laughs; the way he would cover his mouth with his head thrown back was breathtaking to him. And Yunho definitely remembers how generous the blond was with his smiles. He was absolutely infatuated but there is nothing he could do to have the blond return back to him. Not yet at least.

Heechul was suddenly pointing out where he is sitting and Jaejoong turning to spot where he did not just blatantly watching the man. That sly fox, Kim Heechul, Yunho squirmed in his chair as he suddenly finds his drink interesting to stare. Jaejoong would have definitely notice him drinking at the pub alone by now and not to mention, Yunho is even facing Jaejoong’s direction. He is half hoping the blond would talk to him, at the same time not really wishing that to happen. Yunho risked another glance towards the crowd, Jaejoong is not looking at his direction at all and he is no longer smiling and having fun like earlier. He didn’t know why he feels a tang of disappointment. Yunho had no idea how long his gaze stayed admiring Jaejoong from afar but it is definitely long enough to notice that Jaejoong was having too many drinks than he did. He never seems to get past his love for alcohol, no matter how many times Yunho warned him in the past. It looks like he is having free reign of how much shots he wants to have because sometime later Jaejoong had disappeared to the back where the private section was. He would probably drink even more alone.

“Go to him” Yunho flinched as his friend Seok Cheon sat beside him.

“But-“

“He might look fine on the outside, but you know how it is with him when he drinks too much for his own good” Seok Cheon gestured the bartender for his order.

Yunho paused, still not braving himself to face Jaejoong, “What if he wants to be alone?”

“He will never say ‘no’ to you, Yunho-ya” Seok Cheon says gently.

“Maybe I’ll have a few drinks first” Yunho delays.

“What are you so afraid of?” the bar owner looked mildly curious.

“I- He had been searching for me, but I didn’t respond back because I needed time to think” Yunho looked at his refilled drink. “After he went to the military he stopped messaging, calling and nothing from him at all. I thought he was busy but even after he was released, he didn’t contact me at all” Yunho continues, “…except whenever he is drunk and by then I think he thought it was because he thought I wasn’t using that number anymore or I never checked any of it”

“But you did?”

“I never ignored him, I read and hear everything he left me but I don’t know if it’s right for me to suddenly respond back” Yunho admits, “The voicemails and messages become some sort of a safe haven for him, even if he doesn’t realize this”

He felt his phone vibrates in his jeans, he pulls out to check.

Jaejoong : Yunnho-ya- (1:42)
*Typing*
Jaejoong : Hey...can you pikc me up? I'm to drnuk (1:42)

His friend sees him staring at his message. “Is that him?”

The hesitation was clear but before Yunho could say anything, Seok Cheon is already pushing him off the seat, “Go”

Yunho relents and walked to where Jaejoong is probably still downing himself drunk.

And indeed he was.

Jaejoong slumps over the counter with his arms crossed as he leans on top of it. His hand gripping the glass of whiskey like it is his last drop of salvation. The blond didn’t immediately notice when Yunho sat beside him but when Yunho took his glass away, he finally turned his gaze onto Yunho. His eyes were glassy and unfocused. It was as if he was staring through Yunho and not really believing someone is actually sitting beside him. Jaejoong blinked twice.

“Is God punis’hing me now? Makin’ me see things?” Jaejoong slurred and took another swig directly from the half-emptied bottle.

“S’not enough that I’m on my own, now gimme false hope too?” Jaejoong chuckled weakly, “God, maybe I deserve ‘tis”

Yunho hold Jaejoong off from taking another gulp from the bottle, “You are drinking too much”

Jaejoong paused; confusion was clear in his eyes, “You talk? I m’ust be out of my mind”

The man before him still moved his arm to have another drink but once again couldn’t because Yunho gripped his arm.

“Jaejoong-ah, please stop” Yunho insists.

Something seems to click for the man who looks stunned by him.

“’S really… you?” Jaejoong leans toward him and his lean fingers lightly caress the side of Yunho’s face. Careful, as if he would disappear any time.

Yunho did nothing to dislodge the blond’s hand instead he says, “Yes, I am really here, Jaejoong-ah”

The blonde took away his hand, instantly Yunho feels the warmth was missing.

“You hate me, don’t you?” Jaejoong whispered so low he almost missed it, “Why are you here?”

“Because you’re drinking too much” Yunho wanted to take away the bottle too but Jaejoong slapped his hand away. Jaejoong fumes and stood up with the bottle in hand, “No.”

“’Tis’s what it took for you to ta’lk to me?!” Jaejoong raised his voice. “What abou’t the time I message’d you, called you, hell I drunk dialed you to pick me up so ma’ny times I didn’t even rem’ber how I got home!”

“You think it was easy for me to look at your messages? To hear your long list of explanations and all I could think was after all those year, I am suddenly losing you? I got sleepless nights whenever you called me drunk off your mind and I kept hoping someone is with you because I can’t be there in time!”

“D’amn you! Read my me’ssage a’nd never spare a sin’gle word for’ me? Jaejoong clutches Yunho’s jacket.

“Y’see, I did ev’rything I could to get to you, why’d you keep push’ng me back? Why when I stop’ed ‘s when you wanna’ talk to me?” Jaejoong argued.

“Those times I couldn’t go to you, don’t you understand? I can’t risk what we had built together without thinking through what I have to say to you” Yunho paused, “Is that why you didn’t talk to me even when you saw me? You thought I hate you?”

“Y’ou said, ‘maybe’ and Yoochun said to gi’ve you time-”

“I don’t hate you” Yunho held the Jaejoong’s wrist who is still gripping his jacket, “Yoochun was right, and I can talk to you now because I know better now”

Jaejoong looked close to tears, “Can’t just s’how up 6 years’ later, not even callin’ back and just-”

Yunho feels torn and he cannot stand the sight of Jaejoong crying because of him. He stood up and embraces his arms around the blond’s visibly shaking shoulders. He felt Jaejoong leaned against him, and breathes in the crook of his neck.

“Look… let’s get you home, okay?” Yunho muttered.

Jaejoong pushed him away a little before taking yet another drink in retort and Yunho sighed.

Only to be surprised when the blond wrapped his arms around him and buried his face to his chest.

Usually Jaejoong is clingy like this meant he was really pushing his drinking limit. Yunho did not mind the warmth as he too placed his hand around the hip.

Once clingy Jaejoong has subsided, there comes the nonsense drunkard stage.

He completely loses the ability to walk probably but insists to show Yunho what he calls, ‘The Greatest BBQ Stall of the Millenium’ so he borrows Jaejoong his beanie to cover his brightly dyed blond hair from public and the man is barely hanging onto Yunho’s hold in effort to walk. It was lucky the ‘Great Stall’ is nearby where his car was parked. Yunho can drag Jaejoong straight to the car after the blond finally knock himself out.

For now, he lets Jaejoong suffer the embarrassment of hugging the stall and lay holy praises for the owner. They ate BBQ skewers without much conversation. Jaejoong was muttering something about his cat Jiji and how he thinks Changmin would love some cooking he had experimented with. It was all very diverse and Yunho couldn’t really keep up with anything. Jaejoong seemed satisfied again with him just listening.

At one point, Jaejoong admitted that, “’Am sor’ry I couldn’t make any of t’is easier”

Yunho just nods, not wanting to touch on the sore subject. Afterwards, he paid and helped Jaejoong getting into his car. As soon as he drove the car, he hears light snoring from beside him.

Once again, he took Jaejoong home and he wondered if Jaejoong would ever realized that whenever he drunkenly called to ask Yunho pick him up, he actually did pick him up.

Jaejoong is also a forgetful drunkard.

<> <> <>

Jaejoong suddenly woke up with his urgent need to go to the toilet and puke his guts out.

He did it with flying colours.

What had happened? His head felt way too dazed the way he would feel after drinking too much. He can’t recall how he got home. What time was it anyway? He went back to his room to fetch his phone. It was way, way too early for anything. He saw he messaged Yunho about almost an hour ago. , he was supposed to give Yunho some space. He vaguely remembers the fight he had with Yunho, he remembered he cried but fails to connect how they ended up at BBQ stall. He hoped the the one who sent him back was someone else. Either way, he quickly typed another text.

Jaejoong: Oh you dont have to anymr im home now (2:20)

He was about to put down the phone when a reply comes through after. That was quick, Jaejoong was surprised.

Yunho: Yes I am aware of that. I just dropped you off at home (2:20)

Crap.

So he did make a huge embarrassment out of himself in front of Yunho whom he had finally seen after 6 years. Stellar achievement, Kim Jaejoong, he palms his face. His life is definitely under perfect control.

Jaejoong would have sworn to never touch alcohol ever again but he knew it was impossible.

He typed back, “Please don’t tell anyone about anything you saw or heard” (2:22)

His phone vibrated, “I won’t if you cook for me the dish you want to give Changmin” (2:23)

Jaejoong didn’t expect a response and he felt burst of happiness surged through him.

<> <> <>

Yunho now finds himself at Han River, lying there as he gazes at the stars above. There are many stars tonight unlike the last night he had been here before. It was a sad memory where the sky had no stars and this place reminded him of separation with his other half. However with these many stars, Yunho believe tonight would mean differently this time around.

He definitely missed this place.

The world looks so vast this way; he is just one of the many people who had different stories of their own. The numbers of stars above were all very beautiful and to each glows their own shine. It gave him hope that time actually can mend a lot of things.

Then, there was a sudden coldness freezing off the right side of his face. Yunho dodge the cold so fast, he rolled off the picnic mat onto the wet grass. He grimaces at the dirt on his newly bought white shirt. He heard a noise from behind and when he looked he saw Jaejoong is bending over laughing his heart out. Yunho didn’t have the heart to scowl at him and let out his own chuckle as he snatched the cold drink Jaejoong used to prank him.

“Your turn will come soon” Yunho vowed.

“Guilty as charged, you looked so out of this world just now so I had to” Jaejoong grinned, still out of breath from laughing, “Welcome back to Earth, Yunho-ya”

“Hilarious, Jae” Yunho smirks when Jaejoong blushed at the nickname before hastily sat down on the mat.

“You’re probably not the most suspicious person on the planet” Jaejoong gestured at Yunho’s outfit. He wore black pants and sweater with smudged mud on his white shirt and topped with glasses and a mask.

“It’s a proper disguise” Yunho assured while taking off the glasses, “This is your fault, by the way” He showed the dirt pattern.

“If I were a paparazzi, you’re the first person I’d chase” Jaejoong shrugged, “You have dozens of white shirt”

“I’d be honored, do let me know to give you a tour in my apartment and I’ll show you how many white shirts I do not have” Yunho playfully retorts and enjoy the pink shade appearing on the blond’s face.

“You’re lucky Jiji likes you” Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

“What does that have to do with your cat?” Yunho asked.

“Everything Jiji likes is important” the proud cat owner speaks.

Yunho chuckles lightly and pull down his mask for a sip of his cold drink.

It was a perfect night to start things over.

He almost missed it when Jaejoong asked him in a soft tone as if afraid this moment cease to exist, “Do you think we can work it out? All five of us?”

“We can work it out together, like always” Yunho believes every word.

This time there will be a new tomorrow he can look forward to.

“I have finished the song I told you about” Yunho focused his eyes unto the stars.

There was a pause, he can hear Jaejoong thinking, trying to figure out the right words to say.

“T-That’s great, Yunho-“ Jaejoong was cut off when Yunho holds his hand and their gaze met each other. All Yunho can think about is how beautiful this person is and how much he treasures his other half.

“I made the song especially for you.”


end.