Final.

Next Stop: Hongdae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon took a deep breath after stepping out of the once busy café. It was nearing winter and she was wearing her nearly faded thin coat, the only one that kept her warm. She carelessly walked to the train station keeping her hands clenched, looking for warmth inside the pockets of her coat. With her breath showing a hint of smoke when she was exhaling, she thought she should have took the warm coffee Chaeyoung was offering her before she went to go home.

 

Jeongyeon was far from tired. She was damn exhausted. Her job can never been that easy. Jeongyeon has to take that extra time on work, customers piling up in the famous café, orders coming in like crazy. It was Jeongyeon’s life now. She hates that she has to deal with it to survive.

 

Looking sleepily for the nearest bench, she sloppily sat on it, waiting for the next train to arrive. She tried to keep herself awake. The last thing that she wanted to happen was getting robbed of course.

 

She diverted her gaze to every station advertisement she was seeing. She even stared lazily at the clock.

 

9:22 PM

 

It was really time for her to go home.

 

Suddenly, a strange lady sat beside her. She stared for a while, finding the lady very, very mesmerizing. She has gold jewelry draped over her wrists, fingers, and neck and it complemented her leather jacket, that was fit enough for the weather, very perfectly. 

 

And did Jeongyeon mention? Her faint, frail eyes and her lightly blushed cheeks (perhaps, from the weather?) that really caught her very attention. She was staring.

 

She was staring!

 

“O-Oh, I’m sorry. I’m just... tired and sleepy? I think. Oh god, I’m blabbering. I’m sorry.” Jeongyeon finally learned how to shut . Too much guilt for staring at a random lady. She saw the lady take her earphone out of one ear and she evidently heard Tablo’s voice ringing through the earbud.

 

The lady cutely let out a giggle. Jeongyeon could’ve just let the floor eat her right then and there. She can feel her ears warm up from what just happened.

 

“Tired? From work?” The lady asked gently, her gaze falling to Jeongyeon’s bagpack that was filled with the dirty uniform she wore in that day.

 

“Yeah. It was very exhausting.” Jeongyeon smiled gently at the pretty lady. 

 

Instead of her dozing off from waiting, here she was, talking to a lady. It looked like she was around her age, her bet’s on twenty-one. Jeongyeon wasn’t really the one to talk to someone she wasn’t familiar with. Her mother, like the little red riding hood she was, told her to not talk to strangers in the big city especially when she’s alone but it felt all too familiar to her. Jeongyeon, for the first time, didn’t mind having a small company before she gets to her old but really not too shabby apartment.

 

“How about you then? You from here?” Jeongyeon asked the lady, scanning the clothes she was wearing. With of course, her red Nike high tops standing out. 

 

With what the lady was wearing it seems like she’s fit for the state of life they have here in Hongdae. Hongdae is known for its rich and popular shops and night life. It seemed like the lady was very fortunate in luck, Jeongyeon thought but outer appearance can deceive the others too.

 

“Not really, no. I hang around Hongdae sometimes but today I was out with my friends. I had to go home before they get me drunk and all.” The lady seemed to be right. By this time, her friends are probably making a mess in a karaoke room now, getting drunk and singing messily on the karaoke. This lady wasn’t looking like she was looking forward to getting all wasted.

 

“Looks like you have all the time in the world huh? I really don’t relate.” Jeongyeon heard the lady chuckle faintly before sighing and pouting at her remark. It was cute. As Jeongyeon thought.

 

“Not really. Hanging out was just an option we’re having after getting all stressed in our all-hell-break-loose place.” The lady played with her feet, swinging it side by side and she’s letting her toes gently hit each other. It was true. Working in businesses or companies were never easy to start with. Jeongyeon knows. Jeongyeon was capable but she wasn’t capable enough to handle such job pressure and problems as such. It was excruciating.

 

They both fell silent, not really minding the awkward air between them. Jeongyeon staring again but this time, the lady was looking at the clock, maybe avoiding their now silent and awkward state. 

 

“A lady like you? I doubt it.” Jeongyeon saw the lady’s neck snap her way. She thought the lady was annoyed but her expression was... rather amused.

 

“Who do you think I am? Little miss perfect that hangs with her friends frequently, not minding about the lack of income she has to work for? I think not.” The lady scoffed and shook her head, with her eyes full of weariness, now that Jeongyeon noticed. 

 

Jeongyeon hummed amusingly in response. She was in awe on how the lady speaks. It was pulling her even more. She find it rather peculiar but it was really just like talking to someone she’s familiar with. She was damn comfortable.

 

“Well, yeah. Minus all the words you said after ‘little miss perfect’.” Jeongyeon was being true. She is, after all. It was too late to take it back but it was on the tip of her tongue. She just had to let it out.

 

The next train arrives in 2 minutes.

 

She saw the lady’s ears perk up like a bunny, a curious one, and her eyes fell on Jeongyeon’s stare. Her gaze stiffened after hearing that from a stranger that she barely knows and was insulting her to her bare minimum (As Jeongyeon thought).

 

“Now, it’s my turn to doubt.” The lady coyly raised her eyebrows, suddenly amused at Jeongyeon expression. She was after all, smirking smugly. She shrugged and lightly laughed at the lady’s unauthentic tone. 

 

“Be my guest.” Jeongyeon was in the mood to tease. It’s just that the lady was the one she was with. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter