The Planning

Run to You
Please log in to read the full chapter

- CHAPTER 2 -

 

“Let me get this straight, Cheolie. You don’t even remember his face clearly yet you said you might like him?”

Seungcheol nodded weakly as Jihoon stared him down, obviously mocking him for falling for Jeonghan after only hearing his voice. Seungcheol felt like burying himself somewhere from the looks his best friend was throwing his way. He could not help it; Jeonghan’s voice was like no other he had ever heard. It was pleasant and smooth, as sweet as honey dripping from the heavens. When that voice picked up, Seungcheol could almost imagine a pair of soft rosy pink lips moving with every word uttered. I want to be able to hear his voice forever.

Oh, Jihoon would never let him live it down if he knew what he was thinking. “So, what now? You want to meet this Yoon Jeonghan after work?” The smaller man continued while switching his attention back to his primary task; his job. They still needed to reach this month’s target. “Yes, and I want you to set me up with him.” Seungcheol answered and earned a smack on the back of his head immediately. Ouch, feisty little kitten! Jihoon just swiftly scooted back to his cubicle—which was next to Seungcheol—on his rolling chair.

Seungcheol moved closer to the cubicle partition between them. “Yah, Jihoon! What was that for!?” He nursed the sore spot and glared at the culprit, although Jihoon did not even spare him a glance. He could hear Jihoon sigh while still typing on his keyboard. “How the hell can I do that? I mean, we don’t even work in the same department. I don’t have his number,” Jihoon’s fingers stopped tapping, “And we’ll be out of the office for the rest of the week, Cheolie. The end of month is nearing, we have targets to achieve!” He tried to reason and then massaged his temples.

“Well, you and that hamster kid even come from different divisions, but you guys still manage to work it out somehow?” Seungcheol wiggled his eyebrows, rather enjoying one of those rare moments when he could tease the hell out of his best friend. He ducked in time to save his head from another smack from Jihoon, causing the other man to hit the partition instead. It made quite a noise on top of Jihoon cursing under his breath and Seungcheol laughing so hard only a wheeze came out.

“Yah! Keep it down, you two!” One of their workmates shouted from around the corner, poking his head out of his cubicle. “Sorry, Wonwoo!” Seungcheol waved his hand at him and finally began working. The two best friends decided to continue talking via their company’s chat application, though. Not the wisest move since the company could track and monitor its employees’ conversations. But the app allowed them to multitask and maintain a conducive working environment.

 

DTDMKT_Lee Jihoon is online

DTDMKT_Choi Seungcheol is online

DTDMKT_Lee Jihoon:

how did you find out abt me and SY? i havent told anyone..

or did he accidentally blabber abt it?

DTDMKT_Choi Seungcheol:

u cant hide it fr me! what do u take me for?

besides we’ve been friends since forever, woozi~ ;-)

 

Seungcheol laughed internally at the old nickname Jihoon used back in high school.

 

DTDMKT_Lee Jihoon:

uugh i swear i will ing beat his when i see him

i was planning to tell you later

DTDMKT_Choi Seungcheol:

lol poor kid is so gonna die

DTDMKT_Lee Jihoon:

you didnt answer my question!

DTDMKT_Choi Seungcheol:

alright, chill. today i accidentally saw his name on ur phone

u seemed to be chatting with him intensely lmao

 

Yeah, Seungcheol definitely left out the bathroom part. He shuddered just from reliving the memory in his head. And he just wanted to save himself some pain. Damn, Jihoon and his years of baseball practice.

 

DTDMKT_Lee Jihoon:

you and your eagle eye!!

DTDMKT_Choi Seungcheol:

so.. you two are an item yet?

DTDMKT_Lee Jihoon:

well, we are dating exclusively

DTDMKT_Choi Seungcheol:

u both have my blessing!

as long as u’re happy :-)

and if theres anything, u can talk to me

 

Jihoon grinned. He knew they could always count on each other. It goes without saying.

 

DTDMKT_Lee Jihoon:

gross, but i appreciate that

thanks cheol

DTDMKT_Choi Seungcheol:

now help me with my JH!! u have to!!!

Please log in to read the full chapter