.end

Let's Go Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s Go Back

Chanwoo closed his umbrella as he entered the café where he and his closest friends promised to meet. The sky's gloomy but this is one of the few days before he starts practicing for a comeback, so he has to meet his friends today. After their major hit, Love Scenario, he and his group, iKON, has been hot in the eyes of the public, although not individually, Chanwoo believes they'll get there soon. iKONTV ended its filming a few days ago, this may be his last day off before the start of numerous tours, shows and many more.

"Chanwoo." He heard a sharp, feminine tone that pierced through the air. Of course it's familiar, it's a tone he basically grew up with. He smiled softly, his dimples showing, when he started to approach the girl.

"Eunbi." She's Hwang Eunbi -- SinB, of Gfriend. She's the only girl in their group of friends and frankly, he and Bin are ultimately protective of her. She's wearing a hoodie and an above-the-knee pair of shorts, with white Nike shoes she likes wearing. "Where's Bin?"

She smirked. "Wow, no 'Hello Eunbi'?" She rolled her eyes and Chanwoo just smiled before taking his seat.

"Hello, Eunbi. Now that's over, where's Bin?"

She rolled her eyes again. "He said he's running late."

"But he's never late."

"Never say never, Jung Chanwoo." She smiled lightly. "You once said you'd never see me again, remember?" He chuckled and nodded. She's right. He'd never meet her today if it wasn't for , Yunhyeong. He silently thought of giving back to him when he get home while watching Eunbi chatter about some of her friends. He knows who they are, though. Seventeen's Seungkwan, who promoted twice at the same time with him, Cosmic Girls' Juyeon, who he probably met in a music show and Pristin's Eunwoo, who was the reason why he and Eunbi still had one conversation in the last 2 years. "How are you?" She suddenly asked, making Chanwoo flinch.

He just smiled. "I've been good, you?" She nodded back at him and he smiled awkwardly once again. They've been friends since kindergarten, this shouldn't be awkward, but it is. Chanwoo and Eunbi were two sides of the world. They once believed that opposites attract, but they wouldn't work in real life - it was something they learned the hard way.

Their friendship -- or rather, their connection is no secret among fans and non-fans alike. It was good at first, but along the way, it slowly deteriorated. It slowly killed itself until nothing was left out. Chanwoo wanted it to stay there, he thinks leaving it be can protect the three of them. Eunbi whom he caused pain unto and Bin who was caught in the fire. Maybe until Yunhyeong sent them to get some sort of hypnosis.

It was after their medical exam. Chanwoo went to the hypnosis room last, after Jinhwan. Jinhwan just spouted out words of how much he loved iKON, Chanwoo was unsure on what he'll probably say. Will he diss s or will he speak of his family during hypnosis? Chanwoo just wasn't sure. "What do you think will come out of that kid's mouth?" Bobby asked while stuffing a sausage he got from June into his mouth.

"I'm hoping to get some screentime from him." Yunhyeong answered in a matter-of-factly manner. "Please give us screentime for you, Chanwoo." He silently prayed.

Hanbin had other wishes. "I wish he doesn't spout out our secrets." Leaving everyone in the room laughing. They were interrupted when they heard Chanwoo groan. "It's starting."

The hypnotist began speaking in a calm, soothing tone. "Chanwoo, what do you see on that side?" The older members' hearts were thumping hard. Chanwoo was always the mysterious one. He'd never show himself. Well, not until now. He began breathing heavily to the point that it startled Donghyuk.

"I see..." He stopped his heavy breathing to heave one heavy sigh. "I see Hwang Eunbi." The members sent each other curious looks. "I see Moon Bin." He began tearing up, choking on his words.

"Okay, where are you now and what else do you see?"

He choked once again. "Eunbi's old apartment. We used to play there all the time as children and before high school." He was smiling, but he began clenching his fists. "I see our photos in the room. The Korean-subbed DVDs of Friends, our shared Big Bang collection, it's all there."

"I see. Eunbi and Bin now approach you. What do they say to you?"

"Bin says, 'It's nice to see you, Chanwoo, I'm glad you could make it.'. That's what he said."

"And Eunbi?"

Chanwoo's heart clenched tighter. It was getting hard for him to breathe without crying. "She said, 'What are you doing here? Why are you still here?' and it hurts me. I wasn't there --" He stopped himself before saying anything else.

"You weren't there –?"

"Eunbi's grandmother didn't get to see me when she died." Chanwoo broke into tears. He remembered everything - how Eunbi's grandmother picked them up from elementary school, how she made the best red-bean pancakes and kimchi. Chanwoo wept. "Eunbi - Eunbi, the look on Eunbi's face is making me hurt more. The only thing her grandmother w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter