Track 02 : Move

M O V E | One Shot Collection


MOVE

"... Under the dark lights, your moves captivate me ..."

"Again, congratulations on your promotion, Park Haewon-ssi! I look forward to your wonderful performance in your new position." Haewon and her boss stood up from their seats and reached out across the wooden desk to firmly shake each other's hands.

"Thank you for trusting and having faith in me, bujangnim." She smiled before letting go of his hands.

"It's nothing. You've really been one of my hard-working and skilled employees so you deserved it." He smiled back and started to tidy up the papers and folders on his desk. "Alright, I won't keep you here for too long. You can leave now and go out with your friends. It's a Friday night after all." He chuckled and playfully shooed her away from his office.

Haewon gave him a respectful bow before making her way out of his office and toward her desk. Go out with my friends, huh? She thought as she looked around at the almost empty office. Most of her co-workers already left a little while ago probably to party at some nearby club. It was not like she didn't have friends in her workplace because she actually has a good relationship with them. They just didn't bother to invite her anymore in joining them since she pretty much rejects them every time they ask her. They even attempted to drag her with them before but she would not budge at all. Eventually, they stopped trying and let her be her usual self—someone who is always prim and proper, as they say. She was the type of employee who you would always see wearing a crisp blouse which is tucked neatly in her black pencil skirt. Her hair would be pulled on a clean half ponytail and her makeup has no signs of smudging.

Despite everyone's idea about her, Haewon has gone to a club before and drank a couple of shots once or twice. Probably during her college years and it was purely out of peer pressure. She also sadly admits that she did not remember most of those nights. Thanks to her unbelievably low alcohol tolerance. Well... maybe it could be just she chugged down too many hard liquors in a short amount of time? Who cares anyway, she has no interest in partying anytime soon... right?

It could be pretty nice to have fun tonight though, she thought with a heavy sigh. She got a promotion tonight and she believed that was worthy of a celebration. However, she was embarrassed to suddenly call her friends now and gather them for a night out. As sad as it sounded, she was pretty sure she would end up eating dinner alone in her apartment and then jump into bed early tonight. She dejectedly packed her stuff and slung her bag over her shoulder. She timed out and made her way to the elevator.

There she saw one of her co-workers, Lee Taemin, standing and waiting for the elevator to come down from the roof deck to the eighth floor. When their eyes met they exchanged a casual "hey" to one another and then waited in silence. Haewon and Taemin had a lot of common friends and had worked on some projects together but they weren't really that that familiar with each other yet. They were more of acquaintances rather than close friends. But would I mind drinking with him? She inquired herself before the elevator dinged and opened in front of them. Upon entering, she made up her mind that she could probably have a good time with him instead. It won't be that awkward, probably. Besides, it would be a nice chance to get to know each other better.

Haewon cleared as the lift reached the sixth floor. "Hey, I just got a promotion today." She shared with a slight smile.

"Really?" Taemin snapped his head in her direction and beamed a smile. "Congratulations!"

He made himself looked so surprised and pleased on the outside but he was already expecting it to happen anytime soon. He practically kissed their department head's for Haewon as he bragged how good she was as an employee. He was the one who probably kept on hinting that she should get a promotion. Sure, it might be because he used to have a crush on her when she started her first day in the office but that infatuation slowly turned into admiration.

Haewon was responsible and competent with every job assigned to her. She never failed to give useful solutions to problems when everyone seemed to run out of ideas to share. Despite being too uptight, her co-workers didn't dislike her for it instead she pretty much has a good relationship with everyone. She also tended to stay a bit late to finish her tasks completely since she said herself that she's quite the perfectionist. She never had the guts to submit a half-assed job. No one could really argue that she didn't deserve the promotion since nobody could match her level of work ethic just yet.

"Thanks!" She started to bite the inner part of her cheeks for a few seconds. "So... want to go out and have some drinks?"

"What?" Taemin scoffed. Now he was genuinely taken aback.

"I just want to celebrate tonight, you know." She shrugged and exited the elevator as its door opened on the ground floor.

"Haewon is actually asking me out to have drinks?" He shook his head with an incredulous smile. "The refined Park Haewon?"

"Come on, it's really not that surprising, right?" She frowned as they walked to the building's bright lobby.

Taemin made a face and mocked her dismissive voice. "Oh, I hate clubs since they just have too many people grinding on each other. Oh, I don't go to the bar since I don't see the point of drinking just to get hangovers. Oh, I don't go to parties since they are basically a place where a group of people does stupid stuff together. Oh, I don’t—"

"Alright, I do get your point." She cut him off before she even got more offended. "Despite all that reasons, I think this celebration would be worth it. I don't get to be promoted every day, after all."

"Alright, then." He considered with a shrug.

"So... is that a yes?" She asked as she leaned over to his side.

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" He chuckled which earned a very rare sight of a Haewon grinning.

Both made their way to the parking lot because Taemin offered to drive since he was the one with the car. They slid into the front seats of a white BMW and strapped on their seatbelts. Taemin the engine and connected his phone to the car's speaker. He started to play an upbeat playlist which was perfect to start the partying vibes.

"So..." He looked at Haewon with an enthusiastic smile. "Where to, Ms. Wild One?"

"Um... I don't really have any idea." She ignored the nickname and replied sheepishly. In her defense, she didn't really go to clubs and bars during her free time. Ask her about coffee shops and she'll give you an endless list.

"I already kind of figured that out so don't worry because I know just the perfect place." He assured her before he drove out the parking lot and toward the highway.

The drive was surprisingly pleasing for both of them since they talked a lot more than they have expected. Although their personalities were quite the opposite, since Taemin was more of the carefree and spontaneous type and Haewon was the matured and calculated one, they seemed to complement each other quite well. The night looked like it would go well for them.

They soon arrived outside a club that has a very inviting exterior. Its neon lights shone brightly across the street and muffled music could be heard from the inside. The line was quite long but she didn't mind waiting for a bit since the night was still young. That was why she was startled when he suddenly grabbed her wrist and pushed their way through the crowd. What the hell is he doing? She cannot believe that they were actually cutting the line and she was totally not prepared to get into a possible fight. There's a huge chance that it might happen considering all the curse words she was now hearing from the people around them.

"Hey!" Taemin greeted the bouncer with a nod as soon as they reached the front door of the club.

The tall and bulky man nodded back at him and let the two of them inside without any words. The music inside was blaring and each beat was resonating on their body. Bright flashing lights kept on hitting their eyes which made Haewon frown in no time. This just reminds me how much I hate to go to clubs. She suddenly was having some second thoughts with her decision to have fun tonight.

"Please remove that frown cause there's no turning back." Taemin reached out and smoothed the lines between her eyebrows. "Just give it a try, okay?"

She took a deep breath before dishearteningly nodded her head in agreement. He sent her an encouraging smile with both of his eyebrows raised showing his genuinely. This made her lighten up a bit and smile back at him with more energy than before.

"Want to have something to drink first?" He offered. "It might make things better and more enjoyable for you."

"Yeah, sure. That might actually be a nice idea. Thanks." She mumbled and followed him as he led the way toward the bar.

"Taemin-hyung!" A guy in a black and white bartender uniform welcomed with a huge smile.

"Jongin-ah!" Both guys bumped their fists across the bar counter. "This is Haewon, my friend from the office, and this is Jongin, my friend from outside the office." Taemin instantly proceeded into creating an interesting introduction between the two strangers.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." Haewon bowed down way too formally for a club which earned an awkward laugh from the boys.

"Same here." The guy named Jongin said politely. "So, what's the occasion?" He eyed his best friend since it was clearly the first time he bought a girl alone with him.

"Haewon here just got her big promotion so we're here to celebrate." He proudly shared as he patted her shoulder.

"Oh, so that's her..." The bartender trailed off with an approving nod. "Let me give her something special to drink." He continued before the confused Haewon could start to question his choice of words.

If Taemin could just kick his shin under the counter he would have done it without hesitation. Of course, he has mentioned his "office girl" a few times but he didn't expect Jongin to really drop a dangerous hint right off the bat.

"You seem to go here a lot, considering that you know quite a lot of people here." They both took a seat on the barstool and waited as Jongin made their drinks.

"I spend most of my Friday nights here, most of the time with my friends and sometimes alone." He replied.

"What do you do here alone?" She can't quite believe someone would willingly go here on their own.

"I don’t know... pick up girls, maybe?" He chuckled and wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

"Oh, wow! You didn't seem that kind of type." Haewon was honestly quite stunned. "I thought you were the type of guy who would drink with his friends on a cozy bar and have innocent fun. Not this." She gestured around the club.

"Well, I'm not really all that innocent, you know." God, that was too strong of a flirt for starters. "I mean... I'm already 24 years old so..." He quickly backtracked.

"You do have a point." She nodded and agreed indifferently.

Taemin didn't really know what to feel with her apathetic reaction. He felt both relieved and disappointed that his flirting just went over her head without leaving much of an impression. She can't be really that clueless about this, right? He hoped that before the night ends he might make some kind of progress with his feelings for her. Or maybe it was not the perfect time yet?

"Here's for the best employee of the year!" Jongin announced as he served five shots of tequila and a plate of sliced lemons in front of Haewon.

"Really? She has that and all I get is a beer?" Taemin was insulted as he was only given a bottle of iced cold beer.

"It's draft beer, your favorite." His best friend waved his hands dismissively.

"Isn't this a bit too much?" Haewon rubbed the back of her neck as she stared questioningly at all the shots in front of her.

"Nah, I just saw that you're a bit tense so that would be enough to make you lose and relax."

She gazed at the full unusually big shot glasses and she knew they would be the cause of her death tonight. She wanted to have a great night, right? On the other hand, she doesn't really want to celebrate unconscious on the floor. This night would be worth it, she convinced herself that it was alright to do this once in a while. Maybe it would be nice to let go sometimes and do something unplanned and unfamiliar. She was already here so she might as well do it.

She grabbed the first shot and gulped it down in one go before reaching for a lemon slice. As she out its sour juices, her other hand was already reaching for the second shot glass. This went on and on until she finished the whole thing in under a minute. The scene left both Taemin and Jongin in an astonishing state. She probably did it too well thanks to her perfectionist self. I would regret this tomorrow, she became surer as she felt the heat of the alcohol spread around her body.

"Well, it seems like my work here is done." Jongin dismissed himself after promising that he would keep the drinks flowing for both of them.

"You still good?" Taemin asked as he looked down and took a peek at her probably flushed face.

"Yep, yeah, still good." She most likely was reassuring herself more than Taemin. "Let's make the most out of this night, shall we?"

"Your wish is my command." He smirked as he chugged down the remaining beer in his bottle.

As time flew by, more liquors were served on the table. More story has been told whether they were trivial or personal. More small touches and subtle flirting has been made. The alcohol made Haewon more vocal with her thoughts and feelings which made Taemin all thrilled and entertained. There's a high chance she's probably drunk already seeing how different she was already acting compared to a few hours ago. She used to hate the loud music but now she was doing a little dance in her seat when the music was good. She was not fond of getting too close to people until a few minutes ago when she decided to rest her right hand and chin on Taemin's left shoulder.

"Oh, wow..." she took a small intake of breath as she admired his profile. He looked extra attractive to her right now. His black hair was slightly tousled and his necktie was hung loosely around his neck. His dark shirt has a few opened buttons and the sleeves were pushed up to his elbows. It kind of made her want to have him.

"Like what you are seeing?" He teased with a low chuckle and turned his head in her direction making their faces close to each other.

"Your lips... they look soft and..." She trailed off as she leaned closer, trying to close the distance between them.

"Well, someone's having fun!" Jongin returned without a warning which made them pull away from each other.

" off!" She playfully glared at him and shoved him lightly at the chest. "I still hate going to clubs but I think I like dancing." She hopped out of her seat and made her way to the crowded dance floor.

"Someone's drunk," The bartender looked at her walking away before moving his gaze to Taemin. "and someone's getting laid."

"Shut up, Jongin." He stood up and handed out his credit card. "We should probably go, she has way too much to drink anyway. I'll go get her first and come back for my card."

He followed her to the dance floor and it was actually hard to find her amongst the crowd of people. He craned his neck as he started to look around and push himself to the middle of the room. Soon he saw her with some group of individuals she certainly doesn't know and he was stunned at the sight of her dancing. He reached out for her arm and pulled her toward his chest. That earned him a dirty look from the guy who was trying to pick her up. Taemin threateningly narrowed his eyes at him before they walk a few feet away from them.

"Hey, we should head out now." He leaned down and spoke near Haewon's ear.

"What? No, not yet!" She protested before suddenly warping her arms around his neck. "Let's dance for a bit."

She started to sway her hips to the beat of the music and he definitely can't say no to that sight. He cautiously placed his hand on her hips and waited for her reaction. She seemed more than pleased with his move and started to pull him closer as they both danced to the song. As the music change into something more sensual, his grip tightened around her and then flipped her around which caused her to let out a little yelp. She let out a small laugh before she started to dance again but this time more daring and intense. Her back was resting on his chest as she started to grind on him with the rhythm of the song. He followed every move and wave of her body and God, it felt sinful. She looked ing sinful. Her hair is now loose from the ponytail and they fall quite messily on her shoulders and some on her face. Her white blouse was now untidy and has a few unfastened buttons giving his eyes access to her unseen skin. Her eyes were closed and her makeup was slightly smeared, creating a mysterious shadow around her eyelids. Her cheeks were flushed and her lips were softly parted as she felt the music and him. , who knew she could look and act like this. He thought as he bit his lower lip and wrapped his arm around her waist. She was hearing his heavy breaths and feeling them warmly down to her neck which made things more hot and heavy between them. Sweat was starting to form on their fevered bodies but no one was planning to stop anytime soon.

"Do you want to go out now?" Taemin whispered after a few minutes of dancing—and grinding.

Upon seeing her nod, he quickly pulled her out of the dance floor and went back to the bar for his card and leather jacket.

"Now, be responsible okay?" Jongin tease as soon as he saw their flustered state. Taemin muttered a half-assed reply and walked out of the club while holding Haewon's hands.

In what seemed like a split second, they were already inside his car. The engine was on but there were no signs of them driving off soon. He was already sitting on the driver's seat but his hands were not on the wheels instead it was on her hips as she straddled his lap. His lips were moving against hers with urgency and need. Her hands went up to tangle on his soft locks and pulled him closer to her, asking for more which he quickly granted. He asked for an entrance to deepen the kiss and that made her let out a soft moan. She started to grind her hips against his as their make-out session went on for a while. As they pulled apart to catch some air, Haewon bit his lower lip which made him grunt. Her kisses trailed to his jaw and down to his neck while her hands started to his shirt.

"Haewon..." Taemin breathed as he stopped her hands from going further. "Maybe we should take this to another place?"

Her hands went back to his nape and she nibbled his ear. "Your place?"

"Call." He answered straight away as he guided her to the seat beside him. He revved up the engine and speed away. This would be a long night.

Move | 3475 words
 AUTHOR'S NOTE 
Well, this is way too long compared to the previous chapter. Hope you don't mind since I think I got a bit carried away with this one. I actually want to establish the personalities of the characters since I think it is a need for the story. Also, I hope I didn't write the last scene too awkwardly this is actually my first time writing scenes like those. Anyway, the mood of this chapter is a lot different from the previous one so I hope you have enjoyed it. Don't forget to leave your comments and suggestions below!  XOXO -K