17. Progress?

Perks of an Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I confessed to Chaeyoung… I confessed to Chaeyoung… I confessed to Chaeyoung…” Mina repeatedly muttered to herself. The musical play was only seven days away yet the thought still wouldn’t shake itself away. She was sat in the middle of their living room, clutching the white camouflaged controller of her PS4 while she stared at the loading screen of the JRPG Kai bought for her last Christmas. She absentmindedly started to kill multiple monsters on screen, her lips still muttering the words from earlier.

Little did she know that a very (competitive) curious Kai was standing by the door. He went to the living room in hopes to finally beat Mina in a fighting game they both love but he couldn’t help but overhear what his little sister kept muttering under her breath.

“You – You confessed to Chaeyoung!?”

Mina immediately whipped her head up and almost chucked the controller at her brother, evidently shutting him up. She dropped the controller on the couch and stalked towards the older guy, dragging him fully into the room and closing the door behind him.

“Don’t say a word.” She glares at him, eyes throwing daggers in his eyes. Kai nods silently, hands up in mock surrender.

“I won’t tell them anything if you tell me the whole thing.” He gives a sly smirk, knowing that Mina knew he was referring to their parents.

“Fine.” Mina dragged him to the couch and picked her controller up. She saved her progress and immediately switched the game to Tekken, while she handed a gold skinned controller to Kai.

“So? What’s up?” Kai prods, hovering over his best Tekken character – Shaheen. Mina rolled her eyes at Kai’s choice, choosing Lars as her own.

“Apparently, I confessed to Chaeyoung when she was here.” Their eyes bore holes into their huge flat-screen TV as they waited for the match to load.

“’Apparently’?” Kai scoffed playfully. “Like, you didn’t know you confessed?” He asks once more, hands getting ready to press the buttons aggressively.

“Yeah,” Mina started the match off with a huge combo and an air juggle, leaving Kai’s character immobilized. “I told her I loved her while I was sleeping.”

“Damn.” Mina did not know if it was because she took away half of his health or if it was because of the fact that she sleep-talked again. “You should really fix that bad habit of yours.”

“How do you fix sleep talking?” Mina nearly threw her controller towards Kai when he stuck to only one combo, leaving her stuck in one place as he continued to pummel her. “I don’t even know how.”

“Eh, we’ll know soon I guess?” Kai bit his lip in frustration, knowing that he and Mina only had less than a quarter on their health bars.

“Huh,” Mina leaned forward, and with a swift ‘one-two’ combo from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter