Beach Day

Snapshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The waves crashing against the shore, and the warm sunlight toasting her skin slowly lolled Jisoo off to sleep in her hamock. Just as her eyes were begin to drift shut, she saw Jennie's smiling face appear above her own, two glasses of fruit punch in each of her hands.

 

"Hey love," Jisoo heard Jennie's voice, soft and muffled through her sleepy haze. Jennie leaned down to place a feather light kiss on Jisoo's forehead, drawing a small smile from the girl. However, just as soon as the smile appeared, it fell away when Jennie left Jisoo's view.

 

"Babe?" Jisoo called out groggily, attempting to turn slightly in her hammock. However, she soon gave up when she realized her body wasn't responding, the gentle breeze and slow rocking of the hammock making it too difficult for Jisoo to shake off her sleepy daze.

 

"Shh, I'm right here."

 

Jisoo relaxed back into her hammock when she realized that Jennie's voice was coming from just beside here. Jennie must have sat down in a beach chair, Jisoo reasoned. Her eyes began to drift shut and she finally gave in to sleep, her dreams filled with images of Jennie, the soft blue of the sky and the rolling pattern of the ocean.

 

-

A gasp, tore through Jisoo's lips. She stared wide eyed at the sky, drinking in the twinkling display of stars and the giant disco ball of a moon that was laid out before her. The wind coming in from the ocean danced around her ears like the melody from a flute, soft and playful. From somewhere far off, Jisoo could just make out the sound of gull's cry.

 

"Beautiful isn't it?"

 

Jisoo continued staring up at the sky and smiled softly. "Yeah" she whispered, afraid to intrude on the beauty that was surrounding her.

 

Jisoo finally turned her head and found herself blushing when she locked eyes with Jennie. "It really is," Jisoo whispered, her smile growing wider as she continued looking at Jennie.

 

Jennie smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter