ONE

Fire-eater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I had been waiting by the sea since before dawn. My clothes were filled with sand, and I was sure that if I took off my shoes, I would have enough sand to build an identical replica of the castle where I lived in. It must have been midday already, judging by the position of the sun, yet there was no sign of uncle anywhere.

Being the King's brother, Uncle Minseok had enough free time and resources to do as he pleased, and what he pleased more than any other thing in the world was to navigate the seas, in search of new and unknown places. As my father was the first born, the kingdoms duty felt on him, which left uncle free to roam around as he wished.

Unfortunately for me, I was the first born, which meant I could never leave and follow my uncle footsteps.

The wind was gently blowing, carrying with it the salty smell of the sea, and tangling my long hair into impossible knots. Mother will definitely kill me, or worst yet, lock me inside a tower. If only she weren't so determined to change who I was.

“What are so thinking so hard on” Sehun said beside me.

I had forgotten about him, which was okay, Sehun knew I was hardly ever with my mind on the ground.

“Yah Hwa-Young to earth, it's already midday, shouldn't we go back” he insisted, still lying next to me and staring straight into the wavy sea.

“Is that any way to talk to your future Queen” I replied back, trying hard to contain the incoming smile. Sehun was not only captain of the royal guard and my personal guard, but also my best friend since we were little.

“I'm sorry my Queen, I just couldn't recognize a royal lying in the sand, wearing boys clothes and with such an appearance.” he mocked back.

He is insufferable, and yet right. I hated wearing the customary dressed meant for me, so I hardly wore them, which in turn drove my mother crazy. According to her, with my looks and love for knowledge I would drive every worthy single man out of the kingdom. I guess she didn't know that I was perfectly fine with that.

“I look perfectly fine, my dear Sehunnie, but you on the other hand look-”

Just before I could rile him some up, enough to pass time, I saw it. My uncle's ship was slowly approaching the docking ports. I jumped up, and without uttering a single word, run as fast as lighting towards them. Sehun would probably follow, he was no idiot so he must have seen the ship as well.

The docking ports meant for us royal were bigger and cleaner than the rest, which made it easy for me run between the people working on it and the boxes and crates pilled here and there.

Without breaking a sweat I reached the platform, Sehun hot on my trail. The ship was yet to get close enough to stop, which left us to admire Gon-Saek, my Uncle's long time ship.

It was a very big, but not huge enough to make it look too expensive, my uncle having told me once how that particular trait in Gon-Saek had protected him from thieving pirates one time. The exterior of the ship was painted a dark shade of blue, to the point of becoming black if one did not know correctly; and in the very middle of the side of the ship, in white marking, two crossed arrows circled by four stars were drawn, the family insignia.

“You should re-do you hair, before Baekhyun sees you like that and dies of fright” Sehun chided me while looking with an amused smile at my mess of a hair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter