Sea-side hotel

The Waiter

Baekhyun's mom wanted more screen-time than I intended :')

--

Baekhyun has looked forward to this holiday for weeks. Okay who is he kidding – months. His mom has booked them a suite at the same hotel as the year before last year, and the year before that and- well let’s say he’s been there a few times – except last year, sadly. And well, the waiter at the hotel’s restaurant has caught Baekhyun’s attention. Not just last time they were there, but the year before as well. He’s seen the boy grow over the years and he’s more than a little excited to see what he looks like now, after not seeing him for so long. If his voice has grown any deeper, if he still smiles awkwardly and – hopefully – if he still has the same awkward ears. He would hate to see him having done surgery to his cute ears. Or anything, really. Baekhyun wouldn’t change anything.

And it’s been about two years since he’s even seen him, nobody would have guessed this is the reason why Baekhyun has never really been interested in anyone at college. He hums songs to himself as he packs his things, stopping at his famous eyeliner as he never wore it on vacation. He doesn’t know if he wants to show that particular side of himself to the waiter. But while he mulls it over, he figures it can’t hurt to bring it – it weighs practically nothing anyway.

When he’s ready to leave and his mom seems to be so as well, Baekhyun grabs the car-keys, excitedly waving them in front of his mom’s face.

“Let’s go~” he says, practically singing when they walk outside. His mother laughs good-naturedly when she smacks his arm.

“Looking forward to something?” she asks, as if she hadn’t noticed the lingering glances between her son and the unreachable waiter on earlier years.

“Of course. Spending time with mom is the best,” Baekhyun says with a cheesy grin, though it’s definitely not a lie. He loves his mom more than anyone else.

“Aigoo,” the woman says, fanning her face, with the biggest smile on her face before they both shove their luggage in the car. “I sure hope you’re not running off with that boy, then,” she says with a grin and Baekhyun feels a blush creep up his cheeks, but he decides he should ignore it.

“Who are you even talking about?”

 

They arrive a little after three in the afternoon, the burning sun greeting them as they get out of the air-conditioned car. The seaside is near and the giddy feeling inside Baekhyun’s chest hasn’t died down in the slightest. He urges his mom forward and they check in quickly, just so he can go look for the waiter as soon as he can. It hasn’t even crossed his mind that there’s a possibility that the boy no longer works here.

When they’ve arrived at their room, though, and Baekhyun’s mother decides she’ll rest up a little, Baekhyun goes out and sees the retreating back of someone who looks way too familiar. He’s tall, legs a little weirdly shaped and underneath the cap the man wears, very obviously large ears peak out. Baekhyun blushes and he doesn’t even know why – he’s been so excited for this moment, but he can’t just call out. Instead, he takes the moment to study the man’s back for as long as he can. Because he wears short sleeves and shorts, it’s easy to admire the toned limbs the waiter shows. It’s only when he looks back up, that he notices the man’s hair is dyed. Red.

Holy— Baekhyun doesn’t even know. Baekhyun turns around quickly when he notices the man is about to round a corner and can possibly meet his eyes if he’d turn his head this way. When had it gotten this bad? Of course Baekhyun had idolized the man for two years in his mind, but he didn’t know he wouldn’t even be able to call out to him.

Instead, Baekhyun decides he should go for a refreshing dive in the hotel’s – way too crowded – pool. He spent the past months working on his abs anyway, knowing he’d be back here in the summer. He laughs softly at himself, he’s so stupid sometimes. Nevertheless, he’s very satisfied with the way his hard work has paid off.

 

He gets way too much attention when he’s in the pool. Baekhyun doesn’t care for swooning girls and staring guys – he only wants his waiter and there’s no sign of him. So however much refreshing that dive was, he wants to get out now. He swims around the other tourists to reach the small staircase that will get him out of the water and he flicks his hair from his eyes. At the same moment, his eyes are naturally drawn to the man standing not so far from him at all, while he was nowhere to be found when Baekhyun looked for him.

He’s tall – and oh Baekhyun likes that – and while he remembers the boy as cute, what he sees is not cute. He hasn’t made the effort to rid himself of his clothes and still wears the tee and shorts Baekhyun saw him in before. An almost lazy smile rests on the man’s face as he just stands there leaning against a fence, eyeing Baekhyun and capturing his gaze. Baekhyun’s lips easily curl upwards in a smile that could be interpreted as inviting, though he’s not entirely aware of that himself.

When Baekhyun turns away to find his clothes again, he notices the fast rate of his heart-beat. Had it been like that before? Or is the waiter suddenly so much more attractive? Baekhyun wraps his towel around himself and turns to see if he’s still watched, but the waiter is gone. Instead, he sees others look at him, as if he’s quite something, but like before, Baekhyun isn’t interested. There’s a slight frown on his face, but it’s easily replaced because he never would have guessed that the waiter had any sort of interest in him, but apparently, he does.

 

Baekhyun spends the rest of the day with his mom, creating new memories and capturing many moments in selcas. However, he can’t wait for dinner and his mom doesn’t need to be told where he wants to spend that time. Of course she could choose to go somewhere else, it’s not like Baekhyun is a little kid that needs watching still, but she wants to spend as much time with him as she can. After summer, they already decided that it’s time Baekhyun moves out of her apartment and will live on his own, so this is their last vacation together. Needless to say, she wants to make the most of it and she wants to see her son the happiest he can be. She wants him to get taken away by the cute boy – she knows Baekhyun has been waiting for this year’s vacation ever since they couldn’t go last year.

“Ready?” she asks her son and chuckles, shaking her head when she peeks inside the bathroom and sees her son carefully applying the eyeliner she knows he tried to hide for several months now. It seems he’s finally ready to accept himself in front of his mom as well.

“Just a sec,” Baekhyun replies, checking if it’s even on both eyes and he’s being much more fussy than on any other day he’s gone out with his friends. Of course, there are no cute – wait, handsome – waiters back home. Oh well, there probably are, but since Baekhyun’s mind has been pre-occupied with the waiter right here, he doesn’t have eyes for anyone else. So his eyeliner must sit perfectly. He chuckles when he realizes he wasn’t even sure whether to bring it or not – he feels so silly and yet, he’s so happy. “All done,” he says when he steps out of the bathroom, showing his mother a blinding smile to which she can only smile back lovingly and hug him gently.

“It looks good on you, Baekhyun-ah,” she says and when they link arms to strut through the hallways together, she adds in a whisper, “you shouldn’t have tried to hide it from me at home.” Baekhyun looks down at her silently for a bit, but then bursts out laughing and his mother does the same. They sound surprisingly similar and Baekhyun is glad he takes after his mom.

A little while later, they settle in the large dining area, cozily lit by candles and chandeliers and Baekhyun makes sure he sits strategically, so he can search for the waiter of his choice. In all their past vacations, he’s always been attended to by that one boy and he’s pretty confident that tonight will be no different.

Of course Baekhyun doesn’t want to frown at the short man coming up to their table. He’s dressed in the formal attire of the hotel, a black suit with a fitted blue shirt underneath and there’s a smile on his plump lips. He bows shortly and Baekhyun has half a mind to think he looks decent – and he doesn’t even know why he’s assessing the man in the first place. He thinks the waiter is older than him, judging from the lines on his face, but he’s not quite up to the age of his mother, who is in her early fifty’s by now. Baekhyun feels silly even thinking of these things, but it happens without his consent.  

“Welcome to our hotel, I will be your waiter for tonight,” the man introduces, though Baekhyun doesn’t really care. Thankfully, his mom shows a pretty smile and the waiter is visibly affected by her good looks, even though she’s at least ten years older. “These are your menus,” he says after clearing his throat and gracefully putting the items down in front of the woman and her son. “Can I get you something to drink?” His voice resembles velvet, in the weirdest of ways.

 

Baekhyun and his mom both drink wine and their new waiter turns out to be clumsy – though Baekhyun blames it on his mom. She’s all smiles and sweet-talk and the waiter’s ears turn red every time she says something to him, no matter how insignificant. Though Baekhyun is pleased to see his mom enjoying herself – and he’s quite enjoyed as well – he thinks a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

“You realize he’s much younger than you, right?” he asks, giving her a pointed look while they’re waiting for their fancy food. His mom laughs, the sound bringing a smile to his lips.

“Well you can’t deny he’s cute though, right?” she retorts, speaking in a similar manner as her son. Because he notices, he chuckles before he takes a sip of his wine, eyes ever scanning the area for his own waiter.

“He’s not exactly my type,” he says and though he’s serious, his mom laughs heartily.

“Of course he’s not.” She looks around the dining hall a little less discreetly than Baekhyun has been doing and then settles on her son again. “Have you seen him already, today?” she asks and they share a look when they both drink their wine at the same time.

“I have, oh dear lord,” he says, unable to hide anything from his mom and he doesn’t have to. While he knows that, it’s always easier to talk when there’s some alcohol in his system and right now, he’s happy to share things with her. “I should just–” he halts when he sees their waiter approach them, two plates of delicious-looking food balancing on his hands. He sets them down and before he even has time to tell the two what they’ll be having, Baekhyun interrupts. Quite rudely, would he have thought about it, but he didn’t. “Excuse me,” he says, looking the man square in the eyes and the waiter’s eyes widen in surprise, Baekhyun can only grin. “Where’s the… other waiter?” He’s met with a blank stare and he just chuckles – he’d blame it on the wine afterwards. “The tall one, with the cute ears,” he elaborates and deliberately leaves out the other words he’d use to describe the man.

“Oh! Chanyeol,” the waiter says, then slaps a hand over his mouth because obviously, he wasn’t supposed to give that away, but it’s already more than Baekhyun hoped for. “I… am not allowed to talk about my colleagues. He’s not working today,” he says anyway and seems to want to literally face-palm now.

 

The waiter ends up telling them his name is Kyungsoo, against the strict policy of the hotel. He chats with them and lingers longer than he’s supposed to and only somewhere vaguely in the back of his mind is Baekhyun aware of the consequences he might face because of it. Sadly, what Baekhyun isn’t able to get out of the waiter – who turns out to be nearing his forties and uses skin-cream really well – is where this Chanyeol is at right now.

He does learn that there’s a party going on tonight and what better place to look for him, than right there? He hopes that with the wine that is already in his system by now, he will have a better chance of talking to him. It’s so silly because when Baekhyun is with his friends, he’s not afraid of anything, he’s outgoing and easy to strike up conversations. When he’s alone, though, and in the vicinity of someone like Chanyeol…

“Have fun, honey,” Baekhyun’s mother tells him when he told her of his plans, “and be a little careful, okay?” Baekhyun chuckles when he pecks her cheek – he can look after himself, though he has to admit he never really had to because at home, Jongdae always has his back.

 

Baekhyun forgot that going out to parties alone is not quite enjoyable. Back home, he laughs with his friends, plays around with his friends, checks people out with his friends – but it’s nothing like that right now. He stands near the wall, seeing other people have the kind of fun that he would have had were Jongdae with him right now and it makes him a little envious.

He chuckles at himself though, he is looking for his waiter, his Chanyeol, he isn’t supposed to stand here sulking over nothing. It’s a side-effect of the wine and Baekhyun is fully aware of that. And right when he has shaken the dark thoughts off him, he sees him, on the other side of the area. The flashing of the lights makes his figure appear and disappear to Baekhyun’s eyes though and with a frown, the short man starts stalking off in that direction. If he doesn’t do it now – he will have more chances during the rest of his vacation, but that’s not what’s on his mind now. Because Chanyeol looks his way now, the way his face lights up every few seconds to disappear again, only makes him more alluring, until he seems to disappear for too long.

He bumps into people, apologizes half-heartedly because his eyes are still scanning, but not finding Chanyeol again. When he finally gets there, on the other side of the room, Chanyeol isn’t here anymore. The flashing lights start to dizzy Baekhyun and he frowns, turns around harshly when someone dares lay their hand on his . It’s someone he hasn’t seen before, eyes glazed over because of alcohol and a daring grin on his face, leaning in way too close.

“Don’t touch me,” Baekhyun hisses loudly enough to be heard over the music and swats his hand away. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Baekhyun realizes that he didn’t know he could be an aggressive drunk as he’s always only giddy with his friends. The man opposite him raises his eyebrows and is about to say something, but a hand on Baekhyun’s upper arm is enough to shut him up. Still agitated, Baekhyun looks up at who the hell dares touch him now, but his expression turns void at the sight of Chanyeol’s handsome face from up-close.

When the waiter looks down at him, there’s a bothered look in his eyes and Baekhyun swallows, feeling stupid and he doesn’t even know why. They get out of there quickly, Chanyeol’s hand right back to himself again and Baekhyun follows like a lost puppy. When they’re outside, though, walking over a grassy field towards a look-out point over the ocean, Baekhyun speaks up. His face is partly illuminated by the bright lights ever emanating from the hotel behind them.

“I was looking for you,” he says softly, wondering where his usual confidence has gone off to. Chanyeol looks at him, but his smile is worried.

“I heard that, from Kyungsoo,” he says and first and foremost, Baekhyun is struck by the sound of his voice. It’s nothing like he remembered and he feels how he gets a little warmer in his chest. Probably also in his face. “He also told me you drank too much – it wasn’t really responsible to go to that party alone,” the waiter tells him, as if he’s reprimanding him, but because Baekhyun had a little too much, he doesn’t feel reprimanded at all.

“I thought I could find you there,” Baekhyun says and he can’t suppress the small smile on his lips, “and I did.”

Chanyeol’s hand is large and a little calloused, Baekhyun feels as his cheek is cupped gently. The waiter stands in front of him, looking intently at him, but closing his eyes when he sighs deeply. Baekhyun has the freedom to look closely at his features and there’s no denying that his lips are perfect. He feels the need to reach up and let his fingers run through Chanyeol’s dark red strands of hair, but he doesn’t do it.

“If I wasn’t, you’d be pinned down and struggling by now because you’ve had too much to drink,” the man says with a shake of his head, but his eyes are soft again and Baekhyun feels his confidence returning to him. Chanyeol tenses up when Baekhyun’s fingers find his shoulders and he swallows visibly.

“Thank you,” Baekhyun whispers and tiptoes to peck Chanyeol on the lips. With the surge of courage, he prepares a speech telling the waiter he can look after himself, but before he has the chance to form coherent sentences, Chanyeol steps away a little, to grab hold of his hand.

“I’ll take you to your room,” he tells Baekhyun and to the short man, it almost seems as if he’s shy – while it was him that checked Baekhyun out when they were at the pool that afternoon. With the giddy feeling only growing in his chest, Baekhyun doesn’t hesitate.

“Are you secretly shy?” he asks and Chanyeol averts his gaze very obviously when they walk around the hotel to the front entrance, Baekhyun can’t help chuckling. Before they get inside, though, the waiter stops and Baekhyun naturally does so, too.

“No I’m not shy,” Chanyeol tells him and the short man raises a brow in amusement. “But you turned from adorable to this… this with eyeliner and abs and I don’t want to do anything to you before we even get to know each other,” the waiter rambles and has already pulled Baekhyun inside the hotel, ready to stomp his way up to the elevator. “What room do I take you to?” he then asks, a little flustered, because Baekhyun hadn’t replied yet.

“422,” he says, blinding smile and all when they step inside the elevator. Chanyeol looks away from him again and though he just defended himself saying he’s not shy, Baekhyun still thinks he is and he finds it cute. He bites his lip when he looks up at the face of the man he has just declared isn’t cute anymore. He sure would like to kiss him again, for a little longer this time, but remembers the other man’s words. “Should I not have kissed you?” he asks, not in the slightest aware that Chanyeol thinks he’s way too close, way too touchable.

“That was hardly a kiss,” the waiter mumbles and the elevator stops at the fourth floor, doors opening. They both get out and silently walk to the suite Baekhyun shares with his mom, but before he has grabbed the keycard, Chanyeol captures his hands and pins them to the wall directly behind Baekhyun. “But I guess just a kiss won’t hurt.”

The waiter leans down and kisses Baekhyun with passion, a sense of hunger that the short man isn’t quite used to. Eventually, his hands are released and Baekhyun’s face is cupped instead, while Baekhyun threads his fingers through those pretty strands of hair like he wanted to before. Chanyeol’s lips are perfect and Baekhyun is eager to kiss him back with the same amount of passion.

When they separate, Baekhyun realizes that was more than just a kiss, at least to him. He’s left breathless and looking at Chanyeol, he sees he’s not the only one. For a moment, they just look at each other and to Baekhyun, it feels like he finally found what he lost. He’s also unsure if the blush on his cheeks is because of the alcohol or because of the intensity with which he’s looked at, but he doesn’t want to think about it.

“Meet me at the front entrance at one o’clock tomorrow, okay?” Chanyeol says before he pecks Baekhyun’s lips again out of the blue. He smiles and feels courageous enough to pull the tall man in for a hug that he’s quite sure Chanyeol doesn’t expect.

“Sure.”

 

When Baekhyun wakes up with – of course – a headache, last night’s events come back to him. He doesn’t care for his hurting head so much when he realizes he finally met Chanyeol – the waiter he’s been looking forward to meet ever since last year’s plans got called off. He remembers clearly he was set on stepping up and talking to the cutie, only to have his resolution crushed because his parents finally went through with the divorce and there was no way they could get out of town.

It’s better though, in every way. His bond with his mother has only strengthened and to be quite honest, he’s more easily himself now, as well. His father knew of him being homoual, but though he never said so out loud, Baekhyun knew he doesn’t feel right about it. They were distant and Baekhyun regrets that, but he learned to love himself for who he is – no matter what others think.

And now, all he really has to do, is find himself some painkillers and get himself freshened up. Because oh , it’s already nearly twelve o’clock. He slept for so long – but he realizes he always does, the first night of the vacation. When he goes through the various rooms of their suite, he notices his mom isn’t there anymore and he briefly wonders if she’s possibly hanging out with Kyungsoo – but she wouldn’t, right? Baekhyun chuckles when he shrugs, she should do whatever she feels right with, as he is doing as well.

When he’s done taking a shower and the pain is suppressed by a painkiller, Baekhyun is pretty much ready to go. He takes a bread bun from the buffet and leisurely walks outside, only to get a near heart-attack at the realization that he has never even given Chanyeol his name. With sweaty palms, he continues to where he thinks Chanyeol will show up, but the waiter isn’t there yet. Taking a large bite of his breakfast, he sits on one of the benches overlooking the water, hoping he didn’t mishear the appointed time yesterday. Soon enough, though, Chanyeol’s voice reassures him that’s not the case.

“I waited for you for two years. Now, you made me wait at lunch, too, but in the end, you didn’t show up again,” the waiter says and plops himself down next to Baekhyun, a grin on his face as he’s not serious. The first thing Baekhyun notices, is that he wears his suit and it looks so good on him, exactly as he remembered. Thankfully not everything changes. The second thing he sees, is that Chanyeol’s hair – the gloriously dyed, red hair – is styled upwards and Baekhyun’s heart skips a beat when they meet each other’s eyes.

“I’m Baekhyun,” he says, completely randomly, but he won’t forget again. “It completely slipped my mind yesterday,” he adds in a smaller voice, but with a smile on his face because – simply put – Chanyeol looks at him.

“Knowing Kyungsoo, you probably know I’m Chanyeol,” the waiter says with a grin and Baekhyun laughs before he finishes his bun.

“Yeah he managed to tell us all sorts of things yesterday. I hope he isn’t in trouble for it,” he adds pensively.

“Nah. I saw him hide in a corner with someone looking suspiciously like your mom, though.” Chanyeol looks mortified after finishing his words because maybe he shouldn’t have said that, but Baekhyun just laughs again.

“Explains why I couldn’t find her,” he tells Chanyeol dismissively and the tall man chuckles in relief. “Did you… sleep well?” Baekhyun asks, a little unsure of where he wants to steer the conversation, starting off with small-talk should be alright. He doesn’t expect the slight blush on Chanyeol’s cheeks though.

 “Not really. I couldn’t stop thinking about that kiss,” he says sheepishly. Baekhyun had also not expected such an honest reply, but he can’t say he’s not happy.

“Oh that makes me feel terrible – I fell asleep as soon as I hit the mattress and woke up like an hour ago,” he says and both of them laugh. “I really enjoyed the kiss though,” he admits, only a little embarrassed.  

“I did, too, though I wasn’t going to,” Chanyeol says, biting his lip in contemplation, but following through now that he has already gotten to that point. “I’ve been in a couple of… nasty situations with customers who wanted things with me while they were drunk – I didn’t want that to happen with you.” Baekhyun nods in understanding, but he has to ask.

“Then why did you?” It’s Chanyeol’s turn to laugh, but it’s a happy laugh – he’s not laughing at Baekhyun.

“Because I wanted it?” the waiter says, sounding just a bit insecure. “Like I said, I waited for you for two years. Oh well I actually wanted to talk to you before that as well, but I never had the courage,” he says sheepishly and Baekhyun thinks it’s as good a time as any to explain why they hadn’t come by last year and why it’s just him and his mom now.

 

They end up talking for the entire afternoon and Baekhyun has never felt so comfortable around anyone before. He learns a lot about Chanyeol already, but the thing that sticks the most, even though he has only briefly mentioned it, is his distaste for alcohol.

It’s different from his relationship with his usual friends because he feels so attracted to Chanyeol. His previous assumption that he is no longer cute, though, is wrong. Because though Chanyeol’s exterior is that of a god, inside, he’s everything Baekhyun would define as cute. And sweet. And it’s become even more difficult to imagine himself spending his life with someone else.

Soon enough, it’s their special time of the day. Baekhyun goes to find his mom so they can have dinner together and have Chanyeol serve them. When he texts her to meet at their suite, he’s already on his way there. His heart feels like it could burst and the smile is impossible to wipe off his face – not that he would want to.

 

They’re sitting at their usual table and Baekhyun sits at his usual strategic spot. He knows Chanyeol will be there this time, though. He told his mom all about what happened and in turn, she told him she had a little bit of fun with the other waiter. Baekhyun could only shake his head with a smile, but his mom assured him that nothing serious would come of it.

“You do know that I think you deserve it, though, right?” Baekhyun says and Chanyeol comes into view right then, holding two menus and a bright smile on his handsome face. Baekhyun feels the butterflies and his mom pats his arm.

“I know, sweetie. Aigoo, look at you,” she says as soon as the waiter has approached their table and it’s obvious that Chanyeol doesn’t quite know what to say, bowing his head several times. “I’ll have one white wine, please,” she tells him as he hasn’t made the effort to speak up yet. It results in Chanyeol awkwardly looking up at her and Baekhyun is practical mush right now. The tall man mumbles a misplaced yes ma’am and neither can hold their laughter. Baekhyun orders a coke, earning him a glance from his mother and when Chanyeol has walked away, she speaks up. “So we’re not drinking wine together anymore?” she asks, though it doesn’t sound like she thinks badly of it. There’s no way Baekhyun can hide the stupid look on his face nor the blush staining his cheeks.

“Chanyeol doesn’t like alcohol.”

“Yet he kissed you while you were drunk last night,” the woman teases and Baekhyun’s ears turn red at the mere memory of the moment. “Aigoo I shall stop teasing you,” she says, laughs again and they both set the matter aside for now.

As they have their dinner, Baekhyun brings up a conversation that he doesn’t particularly like to have. Though they had already decided on him moving out soon, they were both under the assumption that he’d live close to his mom. As it stands now, though, Baekhyun is steering away from that plan.

“I think I want to look for a job and apartment around here, mom,” he says, looking up from his plate. He expected sadness or surprise, but neither of those is visible.

“I had expected no less, you’ve been fawning over the boy for years. I only want your happiness, since I couldn’t give that to your father,” she says and takes a sip of her wine.

“Mom…” Baekhyun doesn’t know what else to say, though, and he doesn’t have to.

“Don’t worry about it, sweetie. That’s over and done with – and apparently, there are still men out there that think I’m attractive,” she says with a smile that can’t be faked.

Chanyeol comes by several more times, asking them if their food tastes alright, if they need anything more, if they’re enjoying themselves. Baekhyun’s mom, in return, jokingly asked if Chanyeol could join them, but no such thing happened. The rest of the night is filled with shared looks and smiles and Baekhyun is sure this is the first time he’s in love.

 

They meet up during Baekhyun’s two-week holiday, but Chanyeol never has much time as he works most days. However, it’s the last day Baekhyun is at the sunny sea-side hotel and the idea of leaving Chanyeol behind, doesn’t sit well with him at all. They agreed to meet in their – now usual – spot overlooking the ocean and Baekhyun fidgets with his fingers when he waits.

Because he was early, he didn’t expect the arms around his waist so soon and Baekhyun tenses up in shock, but relaxes soon enough. Chanyeol rests his head on the smaller man’s shoulder and he can hear him breathe out a tense sigh. He doesn’t expect the kisses to the side of his neck and Baekhyun shudders, unable to take any more teasing.

“You shouldn’t be sad,” Chanyeol tells him, lips way too close to Baekhyun’s ear and a shiver travels his spine. When the short man turns around to look at the waiter, there’s a handsome, reliable smile on his face. “In a few weeks, you’ll be back here, right?” Baekhyun cups his face with a smile of his own, though it’s only a tad hesitant – he’ll be leaving his friends behind, as well as his precious mom.

“Of course. I’ve been doing some research and it seems there’s a good chance to land a job here quickly, so you better expect me soon,” he says, but his smile doesn’t quite reach his eyes and Chanyeol notices, so he leans down for a tender kiss.

“I could also move closer to your hometown, if you’d like,” he proposes and Baekhyun is stunned for a while.

“You’d–”

“You would for me, too. Why wouldn’t I do it for you as well?”

 

--

Thank you so, so much for subscribing and leaving me comments!! <3 I hope it doesn't disappoint too much :') Please let me know what you think!

There will be a little epilogue after this, so I hope you'll want to read that as well c: