Toothbrush

Toothbrush.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Mina messed up badly and it seemed like the whole world knew about it. She didn’t mean it though. Jealousy is something that makes people selfish and at the same time makes people think a lot. And Mina felt both. She was never jealous. Every single person who tried to approach her ex-girlfriends was okay with her and her heart didn’t feel much. But with Tzuyu it was different. Blame it on the age difference or the way Tzuyu acted like a child sometimes, but the urge to protect the younger and to shoo everyone away was very strong since the first day she saw the beautiful girl.

 Mina never thought that she could love this strongly. Her heart couldn’t find the peace when Tzuyu was around and her usually quiet behaviour became much quieter as Jihyo, one of her friends, introduced the youngest in their circle of friends. Tzuyu was just as her – very shy and quiet, talking when she was asked and blushing about any praises she got.

 Eventually, they became closer and Mina didn’t even notice when they already started to date. The first date was unforgettable. Tzuyu took her to the various places, a bit showing off her brand new car and driving license. Mina didn’t mind at all. Until it was for Tzuyu, she was happy too.

 And then their relationship moved by the typical scenario – meeting with parents, dates and sleepovers. Mina was happy for every single moment. It also became the first time she got jealous. Sana never was a calm person. She couldn’t stay still when she was happy and it was hard to deal with her as the blonde one became very clingy, flirty and tended to kiss everything she sees. And Mina never had problems with it until Chou Tzuyu entered her life. Every time the bubbly girl tried to flirt, Mina couldn’t stay still at all. Her heart was beating so hard and adrenaline rushed through her body like her precious thing could be stolen from her at any minute. She usually stopped Sana using Japanese, so others can’t understand them. But every time she did so, her fellow Japanese friends were teasing her so badly that she just wanted to hide somewhere.

 Sure, their relationships were never perfect. They had fights about stupid things, missing each other after that and apologizing the next few days. But the both of them like it. They never looked for the perfect partner, but the one who will understand you and deal with your problems like it’s its own.

 After graduating from university, Mina faced the big problem for the first time. She knew studying art would be difficult as she will have problems with finding a job, but she never thought it could be so hard. She went to a lot of art centres and usually had the same answer that they don’t need employees now. She wanted to work and be more independent from her parents, but the real life was crueler than her dreamy world. But thanks to Tzuyu and Chaeyoung that she finally found what she was looking for. The art school needed a ballet teacher and even if she didn’t have a special education, Chaeyoung who once studied there and Tzuyu with her parents’ support, helped her to get there. And after a month she got used to all of it, finding it even more exciting.

 Tzuyu graduated after a year and got immediately involved at her father’s law firm. Mina was happy to read about her girlfriend at the websites or newspaper. After a year of working, Tzuyu bought a condo and that’s when they usually started to stay at her place. Mina herself had moved in with Momo, when she got her third salary, so her parents won’t be disturbed by her sneaking out secretly in the midnight or coming home a bit drunk.

 And that was it. She loves Tzuyu, Tzuyu loves her. But again her jealousy has no limits. It had happened when they were in the bar with friends after a very difficult week full of work. Mina held Tzuyu’s hand under the table so no one could see, but she understood that she was very obvious and Momo smirked at her every time she looked at their direction. Tzuyu didn’t drink as she wasn’t fond of the taste, so she watched her unnies relaxing and enjoying their time. Mina was very drunk, throwing glances at every single person who looked at their direction. She didn’t care if it was for Tzuyu or her other friends, but Tzuyu was hers and hers only.

 Tzuyu spoke about her work very happily and everyone knew that the youngest was much delighted to help people with their problems. They chatted for a long time before Tzuyu tried to excuse herself to the restroom. Mina followed her as she usually did, feeling concerned about her girl being alone. Sana once told her that it will be a problem one day, but Mina never thought so until that day.

 As they went into the restroom and Tzuyu went to do her business, Mina just stood in front of the mirror, checking her face and tired eyes. She was drunk and she wanted to play with Tzuyu, but she knew how her girl hated her drunk behaviour. She stood there, admiring the soap dispenser until a girl entered the place and Mina leaned on the wall to be aware of every move the stranger could do. The girl with the silver hair took her lipstick applying it on her lips and not minding other person’s antics. As Tzuyu went out and approached the sink to wash her hands, the girl turned her head, smiling, which already made Mina uncomfortable.

 “Chou Tzuyu.” The girl spoke, attracting attention.
 “FenYi.” The youngest gasped, drying her hands and approaching the girl.

 They were chatting in Chinese so Mina understood little, but the fact that some unknown girl was touching her Tzuyu and smiling at her, made Mina mad and her drunken state didn’t help at all. She approached them, pulling Tzuyu by the wrist to her side to make a distance between two other girls.

 “Unnie, it’s FenYi. She’s my new client.” Tzuyu told her happily.
 “Nice to meet you. I…”
 “Get lost, .”

 Again, blame it on Mina’s jealousy or the way she was drunk that night or anything else, but she definitely said those words and she swore she never saw Tzuyu that surprised and disappointed at the same time.

 Tzuyu went away that night, not in the mood to talk with her again and their friends scolded her hard. She cried the whole evening and night, trying to think about her way to ask for forgiveness.

 She came to Chou’s condo the next day in the evening. Knowing the password, she got in easily, preparing the dinner and waiting for her lover. Tzuyu came home tired, frowning as she saw Mina.

 “I’m so sorry, Tzuyu. I was so drunk and couldn’t think straight.”
 “It okay.” Mina was happy for a second. “But will anything change in our relationships?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter