~1~

Scum Flower Boy

     Taehyung's body was aching, but it was good to be out and about after months of atrophy. He felt weak and disoriented, but in his mind it felt as though not a day had past-- but he could not remember the day before. His family members tried to tell him things about his life, where he lived, and all that well-meaning bull, but he felt in his soul that this was all just a sham. They'd never been good to him before, he felt, but he did not know for certain. He humored them just long enough to escape from their smothering at the first moment possible outside of the hospital. There was one thing and one thing only on his mind when he had woken up: he needed to go buy some flowers. That was how he ended up in front of the flower shop to begin with, his heart curiously pounding in his chest, but his mind dismissing it as bodily strain. He adjusted his jacket, the best fitting of the clothes that he still owned with what his family had decided to bring to the hospital, before opening the small cottage-like door into the florist's shop beneath the bridge.

     The door opened with a chime, and a light, vibrant voice answered from in the back, "I'll be right with you!" As Taehyung surveyed all that was before him, the sunroof, the fairytale lights and ribbons, and general whimsy throughout the shop, in the background he only heard the sound of objects crashing to the ground and muttered curses alongside exasperated sighs. He made his way up to the counter just in time for the shop attendant to emerge from the gilt embroidered cloth curtain behind the counter, carrying a rose sapling in a planter.

     "Alright then, how may I help..." His words trailed off as the man, whose nametag read "Jungkook", stared slackjawed at his customer. Promptly, the planter fell to the ground, scraped Jungkook with its thorns as it dropped, and shattered into far too many pieces to remedy.