Act 1

Overstepping

.

 

 

 

Wonshik heard his alarm go off for the fifth time before tumbling out of bed. He let out a great big yawn before padding to the bathroom. Still groggy and eyes still not completely opened, he stood at the door way of the bathroom to yawn again, with the adddition of some stretching and scratching of his chest and back.

When he finally cracked his eyes open he was met with another pair of eyes looking back at him. They were angled and widen. But once his eyes met with the other's they quickly looked downwards, seemingly nervous.

"Oh, good morning Taekwoon-hyung," Wonshik greeted his older step-brother, voice deep and raspy from sleep.

This sent a shiver down the other's back, who then answered, "M-morning," in a soft, airy voice, without meeting his eyes. He proceeded to squeeze passed him to get out of the bathroom without another word.

Wonshik tilted his head and shrugged at Taekwoon's odd behavior, which was not uncommon he had realized after living with the other for the last two months.

So he continued into the bathroom and got in front of the mirror and sink. From there, it took a him a couple seconds to realize he was clad in nothing but a pair of boxers. And it finally clicked.

See, Wonshik always slept in the before. But after his new step-mom and step-brother moved in his dad told him to put some clothes on when he slept.

"Afterall, not everyone is as confident with their bodies as you are, son." His dad had joked.

Well, Wonshik did work hard for his six-pack. But yeah, he got the point. There's a female in the household now, so he had to be more discreet.

Also, he guessed he was so tired from pulling an all nighter for a test the night before that he had completly forgoten their new "rule". Plus the weather had been getting hotter.

But he and Taekwoon were both guys, so what's the big deal, really?

 

 

 

After getting cleaned and fully clothed Wonshik arrived to the dining table just in time to see his dad off to work and his step-mom giving the latter a peck on the cheek before leaving.

Wonshik took a seat across from Taekwoon, who was shoveling food in his mouth, not sparing him even a glance, before quickly getting up and grabbing his bag to leave as well.

"Sweetie, you're done already?" their mom said, watching Taekwoon rushing to go. "What about waiting for Won-?"

"Bye, mom," Taekwoon called back, and was out the door in a flash.

The step-mom smiled at his step-son, a bit embarrased. "I'm sorry, Wonshik. Is it okay, if you go after him?"

"Uh, sure." It didn't really mattered to him.

 

 

 

Wonshik had caught up to Taekwoon, but trailed behind 10 feet away. He's learned over the months that his new step-brother really liked his personal space. So he's better off staying behind and eating the kimbaps that his step-mom had pack for him to-go.

Eventually, they were nearing their bus station when their bus was coming to their stop. Taekwoon made a run for it and Wonshik was quick to follow. 

By the time he caught up, he found Takewoon already seated near the back of the bus, next to the window, with the only empty seat left next to him. Of course, Wonshik made the snap decision to take the seat.

And as he'd guessed, when Taekwoon turned his head from the window and saw him, the elder was surprised, widening his cat-like eyes and shifting back. It made Wonshik smile for come reason.

The other stood up suddenly with his bag and said "excuse me", as his body turned towards the aisle, ready to get out.

Wonshik decided to not let the other go easily this time. "Hyung, these are the only seats left. Do you rather stand?" he scoffed. 

"Please, excuse me," Taekwoon said, still determined.

The younger shooked his head and smirked. "Fine, then I'll stand." Wonshik pulled the other down by the wrist. "You sit. Okay?" He stood up, threw his bag over his shoulder and turned back into the aisle only to hold the handle bar right in front of where Taekwoon was seated, like a silent protest.

The elder narrowed his eyes at him, biting his bottom lip till they were a rosy red. Wonshik in turn simply smiled back at him. It seemed to bother the other enough to turn away with a noticeable pout.

Wonshik remained standing next to his empty seat throughtout the ride. While he watched Taekwoon avoiding his stares by facing towards the window the rest of the time.

He inwardly laughed at how childish his step-brother was, even though the other was a year older than himself. Guess he learned something new today.

 

 


________________________________________________________
This is more of an intro to the boys relationship and personalities. Next chapter other characters will appear, while Woshik learns more about his new step-brother, Taekwoon.

*If you like the story please upvote.
**If you want to continue following the story please subscribe.
***If you want updates sooner please comment.

Thank you for reading!

 

 


.