Things

Things (I wonder where I am in my relationship to you )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things (I wonder where I am in my relationship to you) 

 

Wherever I go

Whatever I do

I wonder where I am in my relationship to you

Wherever you go

Whatever you are

I watch your life play out and take pictures from afar

 

 

 

When Taehyun read Limji’s excited texts of the Song Minho starting to befriend them, he thought it was all about the “photography business” friendship side of the Chungs.

Not the “invite him to the night out” type side of friendship.

“Ya? Earth to Taehyun?”

“Why is he here?”

Limji followed Taehyun’s eyes and looked back at the men by the other end of the bar counter. She grinned, and without bothering to tone her voice down because the bar was loud enough to drown whatever they were about to talk about anyway, cupped her hands near Taehyun’s ear. “Who?” Of course she was teasing him. She knew full well Taehyun wouldn’t approve of the idea of his past colliding with his now so she deliberately forgets to mention Minho’s arrival.

“Song Minho.” Taehyun answered still.

“You can call him Mino.”

“Noona.”

She smirked, held her drink up in a triumphant celebration. “You need to move on, like for real.”

“I’ve moved on.”

“Lies.” She said matter-of-factly. “If you are then him being here is not an issue but he was your very first concern.”

Taehyun remained silent.

“And come on, J and me are like… your second parents here. You should listen to us.”

Taehyun sighed and called for a waiter to order a drink in a lack of better things to do. Arguing with a middle-aged lady in a loud bar is not a good option at the moment.  “You’re not acting as my supposed parents now. You’re acting like two nosy teenagers.”

Limji scrunched her nose but shrugged her shoulders right after. “I’ll take that as a compliment. I haven’t heard anyone called me a teenager for the past years.”

“Noona.” This time, it was kind of a whine, but Limji just brushed it off and instead grabbed Taehyun’s drink when the waiter came back and started walking towards where her husband was before Taehyun could protest any further.

 

*

“Heyya.” She greeted and the two men turned to look at them.

Taehyun kept his eyes on everything except Minho. But he could feel him – avoiding his eyes as well?

There was a muted conversation between the four of them before Limji bent and whispered something to her husband to which Jaehwan raised an eyebrow at but Taehyun couldn’t really be sure because the couple was walking away before any of them could even react.

“Hey – what –”

Limji shouted “Doing stuff!” before they disappeared but Taehyun swore he saw her winking before the crowd on the dancefloor finally swallowed them whole.

Taehyun gazed around him in desperate escape right after. He could actually just walk away and go home, or start dancing like what he ought to do in a Saturday night.

Or sit down and talk to Mino. Or not.

But he couldn’t just pretend he doesn’t see him right?

And it’s not like they don’t know each other.

It’s not like they weren’t – together before.

Right?

Right.


 

“Do you want a drink?”

Taehyun could be blindfolded in a dark room with no windows or doors and he would still be able to pinpoint that it was Minho’s baritone.

It had been a while since he last heard that voice.

Taehyun doesn’t know what overcame him but he slowly ease to the stool next to Minho’s.

“I actually ordered one. But Limji took it with her.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter