Reunited

Reunited

 

Holding the picture in my hand as I pause my packing makes me feel so many things at once, mostly sadness and disappointment. It's of me and my ex boyfriend, Yifan, we dated for almost three years and I was so happy with him.

I thought he was to, I thought I made him happy considering my aim was to keep him happy, but when he said he had to take a trip to Canada and I dropped him off at the airport; he never came back or called me. I waited for him for five months, I called and texted but he never answered and never returned from what I know.

I wish him well, I don't know where he is or what he's doing, but whatever he is doing or wherever he is, I hope all is well.

"Mr. Zhang? You're all packed and have a plane to catch." I blink when I hear the porter, BamBams voice, turning my head to see him smiling sweetly at me.

I also see he finished folding and packing the clothes I was supposed to while he helped with the rest, it makes guilt bubble in me because we agreed to split the luggage so it'd be done faster.

"Oh, Mianhae! I guess I was just..reminiscing." I apologize, placing the picture in my back pocket as I smile at him, he only nods and picks up my bags.

I watch him leave the expensive bedroom only thinking that he's a nice boy and hard worker, I'm glad there's people like him, he's very loyal to his job and very respectful. I admire people like that, I think hard work is amazing, especially to get you to a dream. I only hope he'll make it to his dream.

"Mr. Zhang, there's a man at the door, I think he's here for you." Bambam enters again, pointing behind him with his thumb. I wonder who it is, I wasn't expecting anyone, especially now that I'm going back to China to further my career as an idol.

I nod, going to grab my bags but Bambam stops me, "Oh no, Mr. Zhang, I got this." he assures me, I watch as he takes the rest of the bags into his hands, smiling as he does.

"You don't have to, I'd happily take them, you work to hard. Besides, I'm sure your arms are so tired, having to carry so much around a-" I argue, following him into the neatly cleaned living room as I do.

But when I see the person in standing in the room, eyes wide and looking surprised, also guilty; I freeze both my body and sentence. I didn't think I'd see him again, not after a year, let alone appearing from no where in my hotel room the day I leave.

He looks just as handsome, his hair is sliver now and he has on expensive looking male model clothes, looking to just come off the run way or from a photoshoot. He has two bags next to his feet, making me assume the hotel made a mistake with our rooms or just told him I'd be leaving in a few minutes.

Whatever the reason, I don't mind, its nice to see him doing so well. I smile at him, showing my dimple I remember him saying he loved so much, I see Yifan's lips twitch as if he was going to smile but decided against it.

"Uh, Mr. Zhang? Your plane is waiting, I can you to the car that is taking you to the airport." Bambam interrupts our staring contest making both of us look at him, he's staring at me expectingly as I blink, suddenly remembering I have a plane to catch.

"Oh! I forgot, my apologies for that, BamBam. Here you are, I would give more but my manager said not to." I fish in my pants for my wallet and pull out two hundreds, happily handing them to the boy, who stares wide eyed at me.

"But- I can't, that's to much." I giggle, liking that he's so respectful and humble, not greedy like most people.

"Nonsense, you work hard and I think you deserve more than what you're paid to do. Your respectful and a kind man, please take it." He blushes and smiles sheepishly, taking the money making my dimple deeper as I take my bags.

Hearing Yifan clear his throat but whatever is it gets lodged when I look at him with my smile, his body tenses and he doesn't look me in the eye.

"My apologies, you'll have the room now. I hope you're doing well, you sure look like it, you're like a model now it seems. Whatever it is, I wish you well, have a good morning." 

--Airport--

Looking for a flight is harder then I thought, I went in the same circle for probably an hour, plus the people that stop me for pictures and such don't exactly think I need help.

 I can't believe I forgot which gate I'm supposed to go to, I could look on my ticket but its somewhere in my backpack. I pout to myself, sighing through my nose as I look around, unsure where I even am anymore in the crowd of people.

"Lost?" I jump at the deep voice behind me, quickly turning around to relax when I see Yifan, the thought of someone trying to kidnap me washing away.

I don't know how he's here when he was at the hotel not to long ago, maybe he's also flying somewhere, but he has no bags so what's he doing?

"Yifan! You scared me, don't do that. I thought someone was going to kill me." I giggle, fixing my backpack straps as I look up at him, seeing him smile.

He's still dressed in the same expensive outfit, just his hair is disheveled and strands are hanging in his face, he's also breathing heavy as if he was running for a long time.

"Are you okay? Here sit down, catch your breath, do you want a water? I have one-" I attempt to take him to a near by cafe that I passed multiple times for him to rest in by taking his large hand and lightly pulling, but he doesn't budge and abruptly pulls me back to him.

I gasp in shock, expecting to fall flat on my face because I tend to be clumsy but I end up against his chest with his arms around me. I don't know what to do, I can't return his hug mostly because he has me trapped but also because of what he did, he disappeared without a care in the world it seems. I forgive him of course, but there's still a part of me that wants an explanation.

When he pulls back, he let's his hands fall to my hips as if to keep me in place in case I'll walk away or disappear like he did, staring down at me with a small frown. "You need to stop acting like this."

Is what he says, after so long without contact, without seeing me and without returning to me; that's what he says. It confuses me, not angers me, what have I done? Act like what? What could have I possibly have done to make him say that? All I did was wish him well. I tilt my head, my eyebrows taking form of a 'v' and my lips part slightly, trying to step away from him but he holds me tighter.

"What do you mean? What have I done? I haven't done anything to you, in fact I remember wishing you well at the hotel." I speak my confusion, no aggression in my voice, just pure confusion. Did I say something? Do something? What could I have possibly done to make him say that after so long?

Yifan smirks at my cluelessness, "I mean acting like nothing happened. Wishing me well, trying to care for me and still being as kind and positive as you were in the past. You know you can slap me or yell at me, I deserve it not your care."

I blink, still confused as to why I'd slap or yell at him, I understand he left me in the most unnecessary way instead of just telling me he wanted to break up but I would never yell or slap someone, no matter the reason.

"Why would I do that? I'd never slap or yell at someone, violence isn't an answer to everything, if at all. I understand what happened, at least from my point of view, after your plane took off you stopped contacting me." I tell him, watching his expressions go from amused to guilty in under seconds, a frown appears on his lips quickly.

I hear a few gasp, gaining my attention for a quick second, seeing a group of women watching us while they wait for their plane, we're within hearing distance so I guess we're their drama for today.

"But I forgave you a long time ago, I don't have a reason to be angry." I add as I smile at Yifan, mainly because I want him to know that, I forgave him rather quickly according to my friend Luhan.

It was only two months when he stopped talking to me then, I figured if I didn't forgive him then, when would I? Also, I just kept telling myself something probably happened, good or bad and he possibly forgot about me.

Again I hear gasps and whispers from the women, gossiping over how I shouldn't have forgiven him and that he was probably cheating or something like that. I ignore them, thinking of this experience as a way to see what women do during dramas, its quite amusing to me.

Yifan looks surprised, his eyes widen slightly and his lips part, "You forgave me? Why?"

I giggle, finding his expression and question amusing, like the women agreeing with him. "Because I have no idea what happened in Canada, something good or bad could've happened. Or possibly you Found someone there who made you happier than I did, if that was the case then I figured as long as you're happy and healthy everything was fine. I can't be angry when I don't know what happened to you, besides, it doesn't matter anymore."

I shrug, keeping my smile even if the women 'awe' at my words and some comment words of pity to me for being too positive and forgiving. Yifan just stares at me, his expression is blank but I can the regret and guilt in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter because you look very healthy and seem very happy, granted I'm only assuming but its as if your a model now. You probably are, if you are I'm proud of you, you accomplished your dream. Wait, you wanted to be a basketball player, well you could be doing that couldn't you? The point is, you seem to be doing very well, so whatever happened doesn't matter." I add again, only wishing to have him know he doesn't have to be guilty for what happened, especially now that I forgave him.

Like I said, if I don't know what happened I can't be angry, sure I can be upset he never contacted me, but not angry. Yifan doesn't speak, he just stares at me as if taking in my words slowly, his eyes still have guilt in them but another emotion blocks it.

It takes a few seconds but his lips twitch into a small hesitant smile, his hands removing themselves from my hips to pull his black expensive looking hoodie off, allowing me to see the black and gold basketball jersey with 'To 16' and a star above the number 10.

He is a basketball player, he did accomplish his dream, he always wanted to be on a team and now he seems to be on one. I smile at the sight of the jersey, proud of him as I hear more whispers and gossip from the women about how Yifan either wanted to make money to support us or found basketball groupies to sleep around with, I ignore them still though.

"My father got the manager of an Canadian team to watch videos of me playing, that's why I had to leave though I didn't know then." Yifan finally speaks, staring at me although I see him give a small glare at the women as if their annoying him as he wraps his hoodie around my waist and ties the sleeves so it stays on me.

"When I found out I tried to decline, I wanted to come back and be on a team in China or Korea to be close to you, I wanted to be able to come back to you after practice or whatever, or have you at games." He continues, causing a chorus of awes to sound from the women making me giggle at them because their so vocal as if their not in an airport instead in their own homes watching a drama.

Yifan chooses to ignore them again, only smiling a little at my laugh, "My father didn't let me, saying it was a better chance for me. He even put my past port in his safe so I couldn't fly back, and sadly he stole my phone. He's not the best supporter of me being gay so he hoped if deleted your number I'd find someone there. Thats why I didn't contact you, I didn't memorize your number so whenever you called I didn't know who it was."

He sounds even more guilty then he looks, his smile slowly flipping as he remembers what happened. I understand of course, I know what its like to have and unsupportive family member, I think every gay man has at least one, immediate family or not.

So to comfort him even a little from the memory, I hold his wrist of his hand that he rest on my hip again, softly rubbing his skin with my thumb as I smile at him to continue.

Yifan's eyes watch my thumb for a second before flicking up to my face, "I didn't mean to ignore you, I promise. I always had you on speed dial and didn't need to know your number, I wish I did now. It sounds cheesy but I always looked at pictures of you or us before a game, or just whenever I wanted to see you which was everyday. I never found someone else, no matter how many women my father introduced me to, I always thought of you."

The women awe again, making Yifan roll his eyes as I giggle again, actually loving their and his reaction to each other. I'm touched by what he said, I also looked at pictures and thought of him, I'm glad he did too.

I'm happy he didn't find someone else, mainly because I still love him and see a future with him no matter what happened, but also because it means his father didn't get to make him go against himself by being with a women. No gay man should be forced to be someone their not or be with a women to please someone to doesn't support them, they have the right to be themselves and date who they please.

Whoever thinks otherwise will end up left behind by the ones that are supposed to love them or feel guilty for forcing the one they supposedly love to feel letdown and hatred for themselves, which isn't what anyone should feel.

"I only now convinced my Omma to give me the password to the safe, I found out where you were by fans on the internet and came to find you before you got back to China. But when saw you I froze and couldn't do anything, thank you for wishing me luck by the way." Yifan smiles when I giggle at the fact he sounded like a stalker and that he used fans to find me, I wouldn't have believe he froze if I didn't see it happen.

He's usually very confident when it comes to speaking to me or others about something, whether that be asking to take me on date or ordering something from a cafe.

"I'm really sorry, I wish wouldn't have left, at least took you with me no matter what my Appa would've said." He adds, his eyes flicking down to avoid mine even if I smile at him.

"Fan, I already said I forgave you, even more now that you explained. I'm not mad at you, what happened was rather positive, I wish your father would be supportive but that's beside the point. Don't wish you never left, if you hadn't you might've never got the chance to be on a team, I'm happy you accomplished your dream." My hand on his wrist squeezes slightly to show affection, just a little, also to get his attention which works because his eyes return to my face.

"Is there a chance you'll take me back? Or have I ruined our relationship?" Yifan ask, studying my face as I tilt my head to pretend to be confused, my eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"What do you mean? I don't remember a proper break up, were we broke up?" I ask instead of answering, hearing the women laugh and awe as Yifan smiles, a slight laugh escaping, I smile at making a group of people laugh, especially Yifan.

"Still mischievous I see," he mumbles, smirking as he pulls me closer so I'm against his body and wraps his arms tightly around my waist. I don't pull away, instead I giggle knowing I scared or worried him for a second, being proud of myself for doing so.

"Are you still sensitive?" I tilt my head, confused until he suddenly dunks his head down to my neck and starts blowing air into my skin, causing my body to involuntarily curl into itself as I gasp and laugh at the feeling.

I attempt to pull away but he holds me against him tighter, allowing my tense body to lean on him as I laugh and beg for him to stop, my hands have subconsciously gripped his shirt and bicep just for something to hold onto so I end up on the floor in the middle of the airport.

I can hear Yifan laughing as he continues to blow wind on my neck, along with the laughs and comments of the women of how cute this apparently is as I suffer. My knees have buckled so Yifan is the only thing holding me up as I gasp for breath between laughing, giggling and pleads for him to stop, my body leaning to the side as I lean on him like I'll fall any second which I probably will.

After another few seconds of horror, he stops but laughs as he holds my limp body while I gasp for breath and blink water from my eyes, my hands still holding onto him and my knees still buckled, and my head is hanging by his right bicep as I breath heavy mildly.

"I've wanted to do that since I left." Yifan comments, chuckling as he lifts me slightly to help me stand straight but keeps me against him as I recover from his torture.

"I hate you, you know I hate that." I weakly slap his arm, only making him laugh again.

He pulls away to place his hand on the side of neck, his thumb holding my head up so he can bend slightly to press his soft lips against mine, on instinct I return it. Immediately I hear the women that was watching us clap as if we are actually a drama that just ended and gossip or comment about what they thought would happen.

I can't help the giggle that hits Yifans lips as I listen to them, being to amused not to laugh which causes Yifan to laugh, pulling away allowing me to look at the women who just now realize we could hear them. They just smile and wave as if nothing happened but some are laughing, or hiding their faces in embarrassment.

"Annyeonghaseyo, did we entertain you?" I greet, bowing as much as I can with Yifan still holding me, refusing to release me.

The women laugh and giggle nodding as if their young fans which they may be, I've seen young and older fans, and I see a few with their phones out suggesting they are or recording for their daughters or family who are fans.

"Good, hopefully we helped your mood grow more positive and cheerful while waiting." I smile at them, watching some nod like their agreeing with what I said as others respond with polite words that we're kindest couple for letting them eavesdrop or that we're cute.

I thank them, feeling Yifans chest vibrate as he chuckles, "Only you would speak with women who watched us like a drama instead of walking away."

I shrug, waving sweetly as the women leave to catch their planes, "There's no point in being rude and walking away when they only watched because they we're waiting. At least gave them something to do."

Again, he laughs at the fact I don't mind being watched like a drama and that I'm so chill with it while other would have probably left for somewhere more private. I just enjoy making people happy, those women seemed happy laughing and gossiping while watching us, that seems like a good way to wait for a plane to me.

Also, we could have possibly help them start a conversation with their friends, 'There was this couple at the airport..' then they could spread their happiness to others and it'd be a whole happy virus.

"Always so sweet. Anyway, do you think you could come back to the hotel room with me? I'd like to talk without being watched and where its just us." Yifan ask, staring at me with a small smile as I blink, trying to think if I already missed my flight or not.

"I think my flight already left and without a plane I can't go China, I guess my manager will have to postpone plans tomorrow." Yifans smile widens as he takes my hand as leads me through the crowd of people, I can only think of one thing as I see fans taking pictures of videos of us; 

 

How good it is to be reunited.