Hi, I'm Moon Byulyi

medley

 

Moon Byulyi breathes out as she pats her skirt before checking herself once again in front of the mirror- wanting to make sure that she’d at least look presentable on her first day. Not that she cares; she just doesn’t want to attract people just because she looks like a hobo. After all, her mom told her that her new school is a bit prestigious.

She sighed again, frowning at the thought of new people, environment, and culture perhaps? She’s not sure if things are different or same between here in Seoul and back at her hometown, Byucheon. Furthermore, she also curses her age. If only she’s at the legal age, she can stay and live on her own but oh well, nothing she can do but wait.

With one last look, she proceeds to wear her shoes and stretches as she walks outside while checking her phone for direction. As her mother told her, school was within walking distance only. Soon enough, name and logo of her new school slowly appears in her vision. She looks at her phone and realizes that she still have an hour before her first class. Deciding whether to go straight to the classroom or roam around first, Byulyi opts for the former with the reason of familiarizing the campus so she wouldn’t get lost in the future.

She was walking towards the field when she heard a commotion. Her eyes followed the source of the sound by instinct and saw a group of students. Three guys, and one of them have his hands clutching a girl’s collar. There are also a couple of girls around, asking and begging for him to stop but looks powerless nonetheless, since they aren’t doing anything else other than that. She scoffed and swiftly turned around, not wanting to get involve in their business.

“Hey!”

She heard a guy’s voice yelling. “Must be yelling at one of the girls there,” she thought.

“I’m talking to you, hamster!”

Byulyi frowns at the name calling. She’s not totally sure if it’s really her he’s calling, but a big part of her guts tells her that it’s her.

“What the-“

She heard him curse first before calling one his guys. She soon hears quick footsteps and not long before some grabs her shoulder- which she quickly shrugs off. She turns and glares at the scared-looking guy, who quickly bows in apology. She sighs, the averts her eyes to the guy who called her. She rolls her eyes as she walks towards him.

“Can I help you?” She asked, with a touch of hostility in her voice.

“Ooh, looks like I found a feisty one,” the guy teased. “I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before. You new here?”

Instead of answering, Moon Byulyi pulls out her wallet from her bag, ignoring the confused looks on the other students around her. She grabs all her paper bills and throws it at the guy, leaving him perplexed.

Byulyi raises her eyebrows, forcing out a fake puzzled expression.

“Why are you so shocked?” she asked the speechless guy. “Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I’ve heard a while ago, you were asking her for money, right?”

“You-” the guy said, with wide eyes piercing through her.

“Enjoy.”

Byulyi says in a deadpan tone as she turns around, all ready to leave. But before she could take another step away from them, she was forcefully pushed back against the wall.

She keeps her expression impassive, regardless of the pain on her back form the impact. After all, he was a guy. A very strong guy.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” whispered the guy darkly.

“What is happening here?”

Byulyi hears gasps, which was quickly followed by respectfully greetings- with evident panic in their voices.

“Hyung,”

The guy’s glare turns into a smile within split-second, before turning around and facing the new-comer.

“Mrs. Lee,” He greets while bowing and smiling charmingly.

If someone just comes in at the exact moment, one would think that nothing has happened. The guy’s smile could totally fool anyone.

“What’s going on, Mr. Nam?” Mrs. Lee asks again looking at both of them, but more directing the question to Nam.

“Oh,” Nam smiled, “We’re just welcoming our new student here.”

Eric lied so flawlessly that Moon Byulyi knows this Mrs. Lee would fall for it.

Oh boy how wrong she was. They were both invited to the guidance office, which turns out to be Mrs. Lee’s office. Others were rushed to go to their respective classrooms, since first class will start soon.

 

 

Byulyi sighs when she finally heard the school bell rang, signaling the end of today’s class. Ever since she went to her classroom from the guidance office, she’s getting weird stares. Not just from her classmates, but when she took her meal at noon break, she felt every eye on her. She’s guessing that it’s because of the incident this morning.

twitches, ignoring the look on her classmates’ faces as they stare at her. God, she’s starting to hate her school. She mentally shakes her head as she proceeds to escape the suffocating room.

Her steps halt as she reads the label on the door. She fishes out a piece of paper from her pocket, slowly making sure that she got the correct room.

Once she’s sure, she raised her hand to knock the door, and no one answered. Knocks again after a few seconds, still got no response. She knocks loudly the third time, but realizes that there’s even no hint of sound or movement inside. She raises her eyebrows as she wonders, she was told my Mrs. Lee that clubs will start accepting new members today, so there should be students- or at least one for that matter, inside.

With one last look at the piece of paper and at the door’s label, she holds the door’s knob, twisting it open.

“Hello?” Byulyi spoke out. “Is anyone here? I’m going in,” she declares.

Byulyi enters the room and was surprised to see that there’s actually someone inside. A girl, with the latter’s back facing her.

“Uhh, excuse me?”

She frowns when she, again, was ignored. Her mind was battling whether to just leave already or if she should approach the girl, when the girl suddenly moves, surprising her a bit. The girls’ fingers brushed against her hair, moving it to one side, and that’s when Byulyi knew the reason why.

Why she was being ignored. The girl has her earpods on and her eyes were close. Byulyi figured that the girl was totally absorbed in whatever she’s listening to. She glances at the table beside the girl, where her phone is currently on and saw a pile of papers resting beside it. Her feet move towards it and saw the application form for the club.

“Oh,” she picks one. “I’ll sign this up.”

She mumbled, even though she knows that the girl won’t hear her anyway.  Observing around, she spotted a table and chair beside the window. She began filling up the form as soon as she settled down to her seat.

---

“Aaaaaaah!”

Byulyi cursed as she steadies herself, saved form almost falling form her seat. She quickly looks at the source of the scream and saw the girl looking at her with wide eyes, hands covering . Byulyi mentally scoffed. That sure helped a lot. She couldn’t but rolled her eyes, which surprised the other girl.

“Wha-,” the other girl looked at Byulyi. “Who are you?!”

“That’s what you get for not paying attention to your surroundings.” Byulyi muttered.

“Excuse me?” The girl asked in disbelief.

Byulyi stood up and gave her application form to the other girl. “I’m joining this club.”

“Oh,”

Byulyi observes the girl as the former scans her form. Pretty, but looks dumb.

“Moon Byulyi,” the girl confirms her name. “Welcome to the club! My name is Solar, and I lead this club.”

Solar greets enthusiastically. Too enthusiastically that they both know she’s faking it.

 


 

Hello guys! I'm sorry if this is a bit short. I actually planned to post a long intro chapter but got excited so I decided to post this part already. :) Also, this is actually just basically an intro to Byul's character. It's actually rushed, so no, I haven't checked yet if there's a spelling or grammar or if there's anything wrong with it. lol. I'll check later and edit it!

I'll post the next chapter in a few days. ;)