oo2

What Will Change?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: “siblings”

 

 

As Junmyeon walked in the house of Kim, his steps halted when he saw his father and his father’s wife were standing by the main chamber. He bit his lower lips before bowed down when they saw him. He didn’t like the way his father’s wife stared at him, but then again, he couldn’t really speak his mind freely as long as he was in this house.

“My son, Junmyeon!” Mr. Kim hollered with his arms spread wide, a wide smile was put on his face as he approached Junmyeon happily. He hugged Junmyeon briefly before keeping a hand on his son’s shoulder.

“Father” Junmyeon once again bowed down, his face was lack of any emotion. He wasn’t in the mood to play pretend at the moment. Today was far from his expectations. He just wanted to spend the remaining of this day with a few literature books, or maybe just hanging around the flower garden in front of his chamber.

“How is your result, Junmyeon?” Mrs. Kim asked, she was smiling kindly, her eyes disappeared, showing off her beautiful eye smiles while her lips curled upward, identical with those of Minseok’s. She was looking so angelic, though Junmyeon knew it better than anyone else how fake that smile was. Junmyeon just silently clutched the side of his robe when he heard the mockery in her tone.

Junmyeon politely smiled, pushed his temper somewhere in the back of his head, she wasn’t worth it. “Looks like I’m still lacking in so many aspects and need to ask guidance from Father” He lifted up his chin to look at his father. He was pretty good at staying at his father’s good’s side. After all, he couldn’t bear to lose his father’s affection, if not, he wouldn’t survive enduring the life as a Kim Clan’s illegitimate child. He knew better than to challenge it.

Mr. Kim looked proudly at his son as he patted Junmyeon’s back affectionately. “Don’t be sad, my son, every cloud has a silver lining. Hang in there, I’ll tell your teachers in Sungkyunkwan to give you private lessons”

Junmyeon bowed down, a smile was decorating his face at his father’s words. Though it wasn’t a sincere one. He was suspicious. His strict father didn’t show any surprise or wrath at the news of his failed his exams. Mr. Kim even consoled him. It wasn’t normal, and when it swerved out of the usual, something must be happening.

“Now, put on a nice pair of Hanbok, we have a dinner party to attend” Mr. Kim pushed Junmyeon’s shoulder gently, he was smiling from ear to ear. Even if his second son failed in the state civil-service examinations, it was a blessing when his first son passed one. He could fulfill His Royal Highness’s invitation with a wide smile, and his political enemies couldn’t say anything infuriation at him.

“Honey! We can’t bring him to the Royal Party!” Mrs. Kim frowned instantly, her mood instantly dropped as she hatefully stared at her husband’s illegitimate child. “He will tarnish our image and Minseok must has a perfect image in front of his future colleagues”

Mr. Kim just clucked his tongue while waving his hand at Junmyeon so he should do as Mr. Kim said. Junmyeon bowed down without a word before leaving the scene. It wasn’t uncommon for his father and the lady of the house had a quarrel over him. He wasn’t stupid to stay still either, the best way to overcome it was to try his best to keep his distance from Mrs. Kim.

Though he wasn’t that happy when he heard his father’s words, it meant he would spend the evening with another pretend smile while offering wines at those high-rank officials or chatting unintelligently with their snobby children.

At least, he got a chance to see the palace.

“Orabeoni”

Junmyeon once again halted in his steps, this time, the sight of a girl with beautiful shades of pink and yellow set of Hanbok brought a sincere smile to his face. “Jisoo-ya”

Kim Jisoo, his half-sister and the youngest of the siblings was smiling from ear to ear as she hugged him. Junmyeon shook his head in amused before gently pushing her forehead with his two fingers, looked at Jisoo in a playfully scolding manner. “You aren’t a child anymore”

This half-sister of his was the only person in this whole house he had no problem with. Jisoo had been a bundle of happiness in the middle of this hell-hole of a family. She didn’t judge him, wasn’t a competitor, and wasn’t a wolf in sheep’s clothing. She was sincere.

Jisoo smiles faltered and a frown slowly replaced it. She crossed her arms while pouting cutely. Though she softly coughed when Junmyeon just stared at her pointedly. She then brushed off her skirt before politely putting her hands in front of her and then bowed. “How is your day, Orabeoni?”

Junmyeon chuckled pleasantly, he patted her shoulder while a sad smile slowly replaced his amused one. He sighed while wishfully stared at the afternoon sky. “Not really good, today isn’t a really good day”

Jisoo seemed to notice his sadness, she softly nodded with a long sigh. She recalled her mother happily squealed and gossiping with her high-rank officials’ wife friends, just an hour before her father went home. “I heard…”

Junmyeon hummed in thoughtfulness, a cynical smile on his face was enough to make Jisoo worried. This second brother of hers was more fragile than her oblivious first brother, that was also the reason why she always acted cute and cheery with Junmyeon and always acted snappy and snobby with her other brother. Minseok had enough people worried about him.

“At least I’ll spend more time in the school than in the house” Junmyeon then shrugged, seemed uncaring, though Jisoo knew it better than thought it was nothing. She was about to say something when Junmyeon snapped his fingers.

“Right!” he pulled out something from his sleeve and showed the two bottles of color powder to Jisoo. It wasn’t as expensive or was as grand as the jewelries her mother usual bought for her, but Jisoo was the happiest when Junmyeon brought her these color powders. She liked drawing a lot better than beautified herself. Those bottles succeed in shifting her concern off of the previous topic.

“For me?” She blinked cutely, excited at the thought of using those rich red and dark blue powder to draw another piece of pai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter