Weekend

How's my weekend, you ask?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please read the end,

_________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY

"So hey, you know that we haven't really seen each other in a while, right?" Said the voice in the other line.

"Yes I know Joy, which is why I agreed to come to that beach trip you've been pestering me with for a while now." I replied.

"Fantastic! Now since I got that on tape" she plays an audio of me saying that I agreed to come to beach with her and yada yada yada. "I can sue you for breaking that agreement" 

I chuckled at how silly she is being. "How many times have I told you that it isn't even a crime, Joy?" 

"I'm just making sure that you can't back out now. Will you put our friendship on the line for that promise?" She asked.

"Unless it's an emergency, I swear I wouldn't back out on this trip or else our friendship will be over. I am even willing to give up on eating pringles if I don't go. Now is that good enough for you?" I heard a click. She must have recorded again what I just said. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. Good thing we're talking on the phone or else she might have flicked my forehead by now.

"Perfect!" She exclaims enthusiastically as she played back what I just said. Rub it in. But I really am not planning to back out on this trip. I really missed everyone. And a good relaxing time on the beach is just a perfect getaway from stress.

"Well thank you very much for telling me." I rolled my eyes again as I laughed at how silly she is being.

She cleared and said "So see you friday night! By the way Seul, Ireneisalsocomingwithusbye." She spoke the last few words alarmingly fast then she hanged up. 

I was able to grasp 'Irene' with what she said.

Oh boy. 

Irene is coming. Is this why she made me promise? I kinda hate myself now for putting pringles on the line. It isn't a cause for me to backout, but I sure am getting very nervous. You really are the devil's bastard, Joy.

 

 

We were all college friends, Joy, Yeri, Wendy, Irene and me. My admiration for Irene wasn't exactly a foriegn idea for my friends, except possibly to Irene, she must have been oblivious to it, they were just surprised I acted on it knowing how I usually get shy on these matters.

Joy has caught me so many times staring, looking like love sick bear(Joy's words not mine) at Irene. How can anyone not? She's caring, kind, thoughtful, all the good beautiful things inside, as well outside. Speaking of her physical appearance, God must have splurged on giving her all the good combinations of facial features because she looks divine.

I like spending so much time with her. I even loved how she likes clinging onto me. Even after college, hanging out with her never fails to make me so happy.

I don't know what came over me that night a year ago when I decided to confront her.

 

___________________________________

We were all at a pub, enjoying a good friendly football match between Japan and Korea when a former classmate uproached us. He sat between me and Irene. How dare you, man?

Was it jealousy of seeing her talking comfortably to a guy? After a couple of years of being friends with her, she was never comfortable talking to guys. They were talking about how the Korean national team has improved their teamwork. Irene was talking animatedly at how the wingers are they key to this match. 

Was is it my overprotectiveness for her? The guy seems to be initiating skinship with her. All that high-fiving each other. I rolled my eyes the other way and scoffed as Joy who was seated in front of me, saw me and flicked my forehead. She mouthed to me, 'they might see that' Yeah, yeah like I cared if he saw me act like that.

I just took hold of the beer mug in front of me and downed it all in one gulp. Yeah. That was some good beer. I think I've passed more than my limit by now. But that lovely smooth bitter liquid with a sweet after taste has got me wanting more. Seven, well maybe eight mugs, but who's counting.

Korea scores one and the whole pub errupted in excitement and cheers. A random stranger was seen topless running through the crowd waving his shirt. Then more high fives between him and Irene. How suffocating to see.

Was it this lovely golden alcoholic beverage in my hand that gets refilled ever so quickly? Well it is lady's night and goddamnit, they're making me very happy with all this booze. What I can't stand is this barrier, named Bogum, in between me and Irene. I downed another mug.

The game continued with much of the possesion of the ball with Japan. 

I sighed heavily, must be me feeling the alcohol has given me or this rage within me. I slammed both my hands on the table as I stood up. "I'll jus... I'll just go to the loo." And I made my way to the comfort room.

Not long after I stood up I heard Yeri say "That was her 9th glass" good count dear, A+, I thought before walking dizzily onto the bathroom stall. 

I quickly seated myself on the toilet to let most the booze I drank flush out. I could feel my eyelids getting heavy. 

There waa knocking on my stall "Seul? Seulgi, are you alright?" Ah, Irene's lovely voice! I could listen to her talk endlessly and not get bored. "Seulgi, should I help you? You've been away for almost 20 minutes." 

WHAT. I thought it was only a couple of seconds. I quickly stood up and fixed myself and flushed the toilet. 

"Sorry, I kinda dozed off." I said as pulled myself out of the cubicle.

"I figured that out when you weren't answering fifteen minutes ago. Now come on, Korea needs us to cheer for them, we're down a point, Japan 2-1 Korea" 

I went for the sink to wash my hands and face to ease my drowsiness. 

"You could have snucked underneath the door gap to wake me you know, you'd easily fit through it." I playfully told her. Which earned me a slap on my arm. 

She took a step towards me and tip toed "Here you go again. You're not too tall yourself Seul" she scoffs.

I glared at her, I think (or at least I think it was a glare), then took more steps forward she took steps backwards and was slowly cornered up to bathroom wall. I looked her in the eye and tip toed to appear bigger and I leaned my hand on the wall behind her, I said to her ear "I'm still taller than you Irene".

Blame it on the alcohol and possibly my clumsiness before I realized my playful mocking of her height brought our faces so much closer than usual. And I'm not entirely sure if I'm seeing right, was it her alcohol consumption that gave her cheeks a pink tint.

She scoffs and chuckled. She looked me in the eye again and said, "I'm still older!" She playfully slaps my raised arm. Her gaze that was initially on my eyes seemed to have been brought down to my lips. 

I did the next thing alcohol wanted me to do "Does it matter now?" I my lips and bit on the lower.

As if in a trance, she reacted by biting her own lower lip with a smirk as she turned her gaze back to my eyes. "N---" was all the invitation that I wanted to see and hear before I locked my lips onto hers.

The scenario wasn't as grand as I pictured it to be. Ideally, I wanted it to be romantic, to be underneath the stars on a beautiful night walk after a lovely dinner. But I'd take this any day. My jealousy teamed up with alcohol got this going. And I'm not about to stop now. 

Going back to the kiss, her lips were so much softer than I had imagined them to be and tastes like the most heavenly kind of strawberry lip balm combined with the bitterness of beer. If seeing her and being with her is addictive, tasting her like this is so much more so. May God bless whoever invented booze, thank you for this wonderful opportunity! 

Addictive. I couldn't stop myself from this. I slowly nibbed her lower lip while she does as well on my upper lip. Seeing that she isn't pushing me away, she must have liked it too. I really just hope this isn't some sort of sick dream. And if it is, I'd rather not wake up. 

I could feel her arms around my nape so I drew her closer by her waist. Our kiss deepened and I could feel her tongue wanting to explore what my mouth could offer. Moans escaped here and there as one of us does something, the other would mirror it. We didn't mind not breathing as long as we have each other's mouth pressed together.

Her hands wanted to explore. One tugging at the hem of my shirt, snaking its way to my abdomen. Her touch makes me jittery inside.

"How's Seul------ OHMYGODIMSOSORRY" it was Wendy running out of the bathroom with wide eyes, jaws hanging low and her hand covering that was in an 'o' shape.

The heated kiss was broken off by the sudden appearance of Wendy. I looked at a heavily panting Irene who was staring at my lips still while biting her own, "I think they're missing us now" I said to her. I held my lips still tracing the lingering feeling hers left.

"Ye-yeah. We should go back"

How can you look so cute while stuttering? "Are you sure you're older than me, little cutie?"  I said as I pinched her cheek which blushed bright red along with her ears. She retaliated by punching my arm. Ouch.

She grabbed me by the wrist "Let's go back" whilst pulling me behind her.

Before we got to the door, I pulled her into a back hug and whispered "I've always like you Irene."

She turned to look at me "I like you too" as she kissed my nose.

We went back to the table, Bogum was nowhere to be found, thank God!

Joy was sending me a knowing smirk, that devil's bastard. What did you do Joy?

"Bogum said he had to go so he can wake up early for church tomorrow." Yeri said.

Irene just smiled. 

The match ended in a draw, 2-2.

_______________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

THURSDAY

". . . What do I do? BYUL, TELL ME WHAT DO I DO?"

"First, calm the down bish." She slaps my forehead, which did the trick. 

"Thanks"

"I'm great right?" This cocky--  "Anyway so what if you haven't heard from her in a little over a year?"

"Thirteen months and three days Byul." I interrupted her.

"Right, thirteen months and 3 days. You guys are friends right? And friends discuss things. And about time too. Its been too long."

"But what if it was the reason why she suddenly left?" I asked.

"You wouldn't know if you guys wont talk about it" she said. And it does seem logical.

____________________________

Its been two days since that pub bathroom kiss we shared. I haven't heard anything from her. I tried calling her, email and all other social media, but nothing. I asked our common friends if they knew anything or if they were able to contact her, still nothing. I decided to go to her apartment which was a few minute's walk from mine but she wasn't there. 

If she doesn't contact me until the weekend, I think I should go over to Daegu to ask her parents if they know anything. I ended up driving a few hours only to be told that she had a flight early morning after our kiss happened.

Why did you leave without saying anything?

I know it wasn't the most perfect confession, nor was it ideal. But is was the best I could have mustered up during the moment. 

___________________________________

I regret kissing you if it made you go away. How I wish to undo that if I could have you stay by my side.

 

 

 

 

FRIDAY

 

Group chat

Joy: See you all 7pm later at my house!♡♡♡♡♡

Joy changed her name to yJoy

Joy changed your name to Seulgommie

Joy changed Wendy's name to Wandaland

Joy changed Irene's name to Baechu

Yeri changed her name to SuperSquirtle

SuperSquirtle: see you~

Yeri changed yJoy's name to ChickenJoy

Wandaland: are you guys going conservative or all out?

ChickenJoy: @Wandaland bring something conservative and something that will knock their socks off! @Seulgommie how about showing off those abs you've been working on? @SuperSquirtle babe yours better be conservative

SuperSquirtle: @Chickenjoy then yours better be what nuns wear or I'll commit mass murder

Seen by everyone 3:47pm

 

 

Great. Just a few hours left. 

What do I do? Oh my god what do I do? . 

I settled down my phone on Byul's office table, hers was next to mine. "Do you think she hates me?" I pestered my officemate

"Not again. You are not having that episode again, Seul, we've talked about this." She then grabbed me by the collar with both hands. "TALK. TO. HER. FIRST." 

"Yeah. Yeah. But do you think---" she didn't even let me finish

"No, just keep it together bish, and I mean it."

"Thanks Byul. If I only I didn't love Irene, I'd totally date you." I mentioned the last line sarcastically and laughed at my own statement. As I picked up my phone.

"Dream on, like I'd do that. Besides I already have someone"

"You do know I'm kidding, right? And how can we not know of you and Ms Yongsun? You two practically invented PDA."

"You're just jealous. By the way, goodluck Seul!"

 

I smiled and looked at the time as seen on my phone, 5:09pm.

I hurried home to collect all the things I needed for the trip. I think I needed to shower. I wouldn't want to drive her off by a weird smell.

 

6:15 pm

I was still rummaging through my closet for the perfect outfit tonight. At least I packed my stuff yesterday.

I guess I can settle by wearing a plain shirt and shorts... and just bring a hoodie for when it gets cold.

I grabbed my backpack and checked myself in the mirror, head to toes. Whew. You can do this Seul, it isnt such a big deal, you've only been wanting to see her for the past thirteen months and four days. I could feel my hands starting to get sweaty. I heaved a sigh as I walked through the door.

I took the bus and in no time I arrived at Joy's flat. Joy and Yeri were busy stuffing the pick up truck we'd be using as transport to the beach. 

"Hey!" I greeted the bickering couple stuffing the truck.

"Get your over here and put your stuff in the truck." Said Yeri.

"We complete now or are we missing some people?" I curiously asked. I really am giddy at the thought of seeing Irene again.

As if on cue Joy shot me a look as if saying 'you just cant wait to see her'

"Wendy's not here yet. Irene is already asleep in the truck. She said she's just gonna sleep for now since she just came back from New York." Joy said as I approached the truck to find Irene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter