THIRST

BLOODSTONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1:

THIRST

 

 

The sound of the engine filled the silent and empty road, headlights pierced through the darkness. A song on the radio made Kim Taeyeon sing along when suddenly, “Holy !” she stepped on her breaks making it squeal and putting the vehicle into a complete stop. The woman quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car. Her eyes widened in shock as she tried to move her shaking legs. She was terrified and scared and she didn’t know what she was really feeling. She had one hand on her chest as she walked. As she moved around to the front of her car, she noticed the body of a woman laying completely still on the ground, not moving. Her arms and hands positioned as if she was ready to be placed into a coffin. Taeyeon’s heart started to beat faster than its usual rate. She saw the woman’s hair, it was lighter than hers, almost blonde, eyes open, looking up to the clear night sky. “Miss?” Taeyeon’s voice shaking.

 

The woman on the ground turned her head to the short woman’s direction with a small smirk on her face “Hello sweetie..” the woman said and it scared the out of Taeyeon, making her step back quickly. “Oh, don’t be scared.” She said as she rolled her eyes. “Why do people always run away?” she stood up and patted her back, and her lady bum. She then stared directly into Taeyeon’s eyes. “Stay where you are..”

 

For no apparent reason, Taeyeon stood still, completely frozen on her spot. Her heart kept beating fast. She was scared of how the woman did this to her. It must be some sort of sorcery. “What are you doing? What do you want?”

 

“Nothing really. It’s just that, you can’t just leave me alone.” The blonde walked closer to the other woman. “Why are you so scared?” she moved her hand up to caress Taeyeon’s cheek. “Do I look scary?” Taeyeon felt her hand, it was so soft. The softest that she’s ever felt, it wasn’t cold nor hot, she wasn’t sure. She didn’t know what she was. “Where are my manners? You probably don’t talk to strangers. I’m Jessica. How about you?” Taeyeon refused to say her name, her eyes starting to fill with tears. “I told you, to tell me your name.” She looked into the shorter woman’s eyes and commanded again.

 

“K-Kim Taeyeon..” Her eyes widened in shock. She hadn’t got a clue as to how she complied to Jessica’s command. It’s as if she was under a spell. Is she a witch? What the hell does she want from me?! Taeyeon thought to herself as she stared at the woman in front of her.

 

“Nice to meet you. See it wasn’t that hard.” She smiled again. “You’re a bit hard to compel aren’t you?” she shook her head as she started walking behind Taeyeon.

 

Frightened of what Jessica was about to do, she gulped and took all the courage so she could speak. “P-Please don’t hurt me.” She begged her tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

“Oh no no no..” Jessica stood behind Taeyeon, bringing her hands up and pulled the hair off of the shorter woman’s neck. “I won’t do anything to hurt you…yet..” she whispered as she moved her head closer to Taeyeon’s neck, smelling it and feeling the pulse. The smell of blood and the pulse were so strong, knowing that Taeyeon was nervous makes her heart pump blood more and more, her veins being more visible. “I bet you taste good, Ms. Kim.” Jessica whispered as her razor sharp teeth make themselves visible, her eyes started to darken, hunger taking over her. “Don’t worry, you won’t remember a thing.” And with a swift movement, she buried those teeth into Taeyeon’s neck, piercing through her veins and artery making her scream in pain.

 

In that moment, Taeyeon knew what Jessica was. VAMPIRES.

 

------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------

 

The bells rang when the doors opened and closed. The staff in the restaurant had their eyes on the person who just came in. A tall and tan skinned young woman who had her hair braided, her jacket dangling on her arm, she was digging into her bag when she noticed the deafening making her look around her. “Well it’s awkwardly silent..”

 

“Yuri!” Sunny said from behind the counter her face almost covered by the cash register. “I thought you’d never show up.” The shorter woman with red hair said as she walked around and out.

 

“I was just on vacation. I didn’t resign..” Yuri looks around for a particular short, and kid looking human being. “Where is Taeyeon?”

 

Sunny shook her head and looked around as well, then shrugged. “I haven’t seen her either. She wasn’t here since yesterday.”

 

Yuri’s eyebrows rose in shock “What? It’s unlikely for Taeyeon to no-..”

 

The doors suddenly opened and closed, the bells ringing once more. A woman rushing into the room. Her hear flowing down to her shoulders, her pale white skin glistened, sparkling and glowing because of the light from the sun. Everyone’s eyes were on her. She was digging into her bag, finding something that she obviously couldn’t find. “Sunny! I’m sorry I’m late, I had a bit of a car problem and..” When she looked up she was surprised to see Yuri’s face. “YUL!” she said a little bit too loud.

 

“Shh! Keep it down.” Yuri chuckled asking Taeyeon to lower the volume of her voice. “Where have you been? They said you weren’t here yesterday.”

 

“What do you mean? I-I was here.” Taeyeon looked at Sunny with all the confusion written all over her face. “Wasn’t I?”

 

“Have you gone mad, Taengoo? You weren’t. You didn’t even call.”

 

Taeyeon tried to remember where she was yesterday but she was sure she was in the restaurant, serving meals to people. Yuri then noticed a patch on her neck. “What’s that?”

 

“I have no idea. I had this allergy and it started to grow big. I went to the doctor and they treated it.” Taeyeon tied her hair up making the patch even more visible. It was a bit swollen but they didn’t mind it since Taeyeon said she’s been to the hospital.

 

“Well we better start working then. By the way, we’ll have this thing in two months for the whole staff. We’re still planning it though. You guys are up to it, aren’t you?” Sunny said as she asked very politely, making her puppy dog eyes that the two girls are always disgusted of.

 

“The hell with your aegio. We’re up for it just stop that. It give me shivers and not the good kind.” Yuri shook her head, disgusted. They all just laughed it our and started to open the restaurant.

 

-------------------------------- ------------------------------

 

“Jessica?” Her younger sister called out. She was taller than Jessica, shorter hair, dark brown eyes, and she was different than Jessica. She was more of the kinder sibling. She knew what was happening, especially when it’s this silent, either her sister wasn’t home or she was hooking up with some random person for their blood. She closed her eyes and counted to 3 in her head.

 

“Krystal! Hey!” Jessica came walking down the stairs with a bottle of bourbon in hand, wearing only an oversized t-shirt, a woman following behind her. “When did you get home?”

 

“Just now..” Her eyes went to the woman behind Jessica. “And who is this? Some random girl you turned again?” Her voice was firm and obvious that she was starting to get angry. “Jessica if you keep doing this..”

 

“Doing what little Jung?” Jessica let out a small chuckle as she took another gulp from the bourbon bottle. “And by the way, this is Tiffany..She’s already a vampire, she knows control and everything. Nothing to worry, okay?” Tiffany smiled and waved, Jessica turned and took the other woman’s hand in hers, pulling the dark haired girl closer to her.

 

“Jessica, you’re older than me, you should know better..”

 

“Don’t tell me what’s better or best, Krystal. I may not be as smart as you are but I think I know how to know the difference from right or wrong.” She placed down the bottle on the table. “I’m going to get some food. Want some little sister?” Jessica looked at Krystal.

 

“In-N-Out.” Was all that Krystal said and Jessica knew what she wanted. The sisters could never stay mad at each other. “Don’t bite anyone on your way.”

 

“Yes mom..” Jessica chuckled and turned to Tiffany. “Fany, stay here for a while. I’ll be right back.” And without signal, she was out of the door, and drove off quickly.

 

There wasn’t anything Krystal could do. She knew how stubborn her sister could get and she has seen her in her worst. She even left without putting on any pants. She sighed and faced Tiffany. “Krystal, right?” The taller woman nodded. “Don’t be too hard on, Jessica. And she was telling the truth. We’re just best friends, that’s really it.”

 

“I’m just worried. Her humanity has been down so she has this urge to do the most stupid things.” Krystal took the bottle of bourbon and poured some on a glass. “Where are you from?”

 

“I’ve been everywhere really but I’m originally from Kentucky.” Tiffany sat down, taking a glass of bourbon for herself as well. “I heard both of you are from ia, right?”

 

“We don’t have to do the small talk, Tiffany.” Krystal forced a smile and stood up, taking her glass up to her room.

 

“Nice taking to you, K.” Tiffany took another sip from her glass.

 

------------------------- ----------------------

 

Taeyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, and Sunny were living in the same apartment for a while now. Yuri was just working at the restaurant temporarily as she waited for the building that her father had given to her. Sunny owns the restaurant, and it has been in her family for a long time. Taeyeon works there when she isn’t writing any songs, or taking photographs. Sooyoung has a world of her own. She hasn’t been hanging out with the girls lately and she has been working on something that none of them even know.

 

The girls have been enjoying their movie night. Yuri and Sunny were crying their hearts out and Taeyeon, she had her face scrunched trying to understand the movie since she was busy with her dog hero. The door opens so sudden that the dark haired, short woman jumped on her seat. “What the !”

 

Sooyoung suddenly brusts in taking the remote and turning it to another channel. Yuri and Sunny complained “Shut your nuggets, and look at this.”

 

“Three bodies were lying on the city park. No one knew who or what killed them but there were some bite marks on their necks, and on their arms. There were also knife wounds. We have no clue what these inhumane people are and investigators are doing their best to find these murderers.”

 

When Yuri heard about the neck bite, she looked at Taeyeon and without any warning she reached her hand out and took the gauze off making the short woman squeal in pain. “What the hell, Yuri!”

 

The three girls’ eyes widened with what they saw on Taeyeon’s neck. “Those are the same bite marks from the vitctims on the TV.” Sunny had feared the worst. She had a lot of scenarios in her mind. It wasn’t just in the movies. It was starting to get real.

 

“What? They’re just allergies.” Sooyoung shook her head slowly, took a mirror and handed it to Taeyeon. She takes it and looks at her reflection. suddenly turning into a small “o” and then she realized. “When the hell did I just get this? They were allergies.”

 

“Taeyeon? Where were you when you disappeared?” Sooyoung asked as she started to get curious and the things that are happening.

 

“I was in the restaurant. I was working. I didn’t disappear.” Taeyeon recalled and it was all that she could remember.

 

“You weren’t there. Almost everyone in the restaurant had said you weren’t there, Taeyeon.” Yuri said as she too was curious of the situation. Sooyoung held Taeyeon’s hand and suddenly had a vision that made her pull her hand away swiftly. The other ladies looked at her “Soo, what is it? Are you okay?”

 

“We all have seen this horror in movies. These aren’t just ordinary bite marks.” Sooyoung looked at the three of them.

 

“Vampires..” Sunny’s voice was shaking, her hands gripping on the blanket that she used to cover herself.

 

Sooyoung once again faced Taeyeon. “And they might be using you as their human blood bank.”

Taeyeon shook her head tears filling her eyes. “And they might be back.”

 

-------------------------------- ---------------------------

 

Jessica, Krystal, and Tiffany were walking on the sidewalk, talking to each other about the rumors that have been going around. They were the suspects now because of this amateur killing. Jessica was smiling though and laughed at the thought of whoever it is. “The person who actually did is a complete a-hole. He or she doesn’t know how to cover their tracks.”

 

Krystal looked around and tried to listen for people talking about the incident. “There was probably a new vampire in town. There might be someone who turned an innocent person into a vicious beast.”

 

“Can we at least talk about this in a closed area? I mean, we are literally walking and people could hear us. Let me rephrase that, other vampires might hear us.” Tiffany smiled at both of them, turning at the corner to the The Grand Gormet Restaurant. Both Jessica and Krystal looked at each other and followed behind the eye-smiling woman.

 

They took a seat and on a table by the window. “Good morning Ladies..” A woman approached them, making them turn to her. “My name is Yuri and I will be taking care of you today.” She hands out their menus. “You could go ahead and check our menus, I’ll give you a few minutes and you could call me when you’re ready. Alright?”

 

When Jessica saw this sever standing there, her eyes were stuck on Yuri. She was mesmerized. The tall woman was beautiful and full of joy, and not to mention hot. A smile slowly crept on her face. Yuri seemed to noticed Jessica staring making her smiled back at the blonde. “I will certainly call you..” Jessica had her eyes on this woman, but not in the hunger and thirst kind of way, but she knew in that moment that she wanted to see more of this woman.

 

Yuri smiled at Jessica her eyes locked on hers. “I won’t go far then.” Yuri winked and turned to go to her other tables. The blonde was smiled like an idiot, as she leaned back on her seat.

 

“Slick move, Jung Sooyeon.” Tiffany crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back on her seat, her smile never fading.

 

“Do not lay a hand or fangs on that lady, Jessica.” Krystal warned, resting her elbows on the table, slowly leaning back. “What are we going to order?”

 

“I do not plan on just her blood.” Jessica looked at Yuri once again, smiling, and starring at Yuri trying to memorize every moment she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter