Bruise

Not What It Seems

Hyunri grew up glamorous, in which she can't go out without putting up her make up on, and blowing her hair dry everyday. Especially, when she goes to school. Accidentally, one morning, she burnt her nape with her blow dryer. She moaned in pain as she rubs the affected area in which she assumed turned into a look of a hickey.

"Hyunri~ you'll be late for school, let's go!"

Hyunri shoved everything near her just to find a scarf that would hide that not-hickey bruise of hers before she goes out of her room as her sister knocks.
She didn't care abt the weather reported being 42° degrees hot. She just tied the damn scarf around her neck as she made her way to school.

"Oh my gosh~ Hyunri what's wrong with you? It's 42° hot and you're wearing a thick scarf! No wonder you're sweating up your forehead!" Bom, her pretty classmate began.

All of a sudden, Baekhyun, her playful classmate, pulled her scarf revealing her neck and of course, the reason why she wore that on the first place. That not-hickey-thing of hers. Hyunri gasped in a complete shock as she tries to cover the bruise with her hand but it's already too late. Baekhyun saw it already. "What the heck is that?! Oh my gosh~ who did that?" Baekhyun blabbered.

"Whatta stupid question Byun Baek! Ofcourse it's Kyungsoo!" Kai, their not-so-innocent classmate chimed in. 

"No, it's not what you think it-"

"Who did that?"

Hyunri's explanation was interrupted by a voice she knew even in her sleep, that was heard behind her. She turned around just to see a guy with a very fair skin. Lips are heart shaped and eyes are normally glared. "Kyungsoo, this is not-" Again, she was cut off when their soccer MVP classmate, Chanyeol, approached Kyungsoo asking to attend a late soccer practice after class as he nods. Hyunri, just stared at him, her most trusted bestfriend who in return, gave her a glare as he makes my way outside the cafeteria. She heaved a sigh, trying to read his expression that was unfolded earlier.

---

After class, Hyunri went to the 2nd floor of their school building to look for Kyungsoo. Apparently, she found him standing infront of his locker, getting ready for the late soccer practice. She walked slowly towards him with her head lowered until she stops beside him.

Kyungsoo stared at her as he folds some of his shirts to be placed inside the locker.

"What are you doing here, Hyunri? Shouldn't you be going home by now?" Kyungsoo began, eyes glued inside his locker.

"We always go home together, right?" Hyunri answered.

He scoffed after hearing her. "Can't you see that I have a soccer practice? And why should I even wait for you in the first place? You could actually go home on your own, right? And... shouldn't you be waiting for the  who caused you that?" He said, glaring at her not-hickey thing.

6

"Kyungsoo, it's not what you think it is." Hyunri was closed to shedding tears but he remained his glare towards her.

"Hyunri, stop lying okay? And you know what's the worst thing is?"

"Is there?" Hyunri said wiping her tears away.

"The worst thing is everyone here thinks I'm the one who made that when actually I'm not. Damn it, Hyunri! I wish it was me but I wasn't!" Kyungsoo said banging the locker's door infront of him.

"Why are you acting like this, Kyungsoo?! Did I acted like this by the time you said you were in love with Krystal?!"

He stopped by his tracks and when he glanced behind him, she was already gone. Realizing how hard he was on her, he followed her to the possible way she'll run to. Downstairs where he saw Baekhyun exit one of the classrooms.

"Hey Baek! Have you seen Hyunri?" He asked immediately.

"Yeah~ awhile ago. She was crying and when I asked her what's wrong she said it was nothing and she just smiled. What's wrong with her?" Baekhyun said scratching the back of his head.

He didn't say a word to him. He was certain that she was in her dorm by now so he went straightly to her. He turned the doorknob just to realized that it was unlock. He saw her crying in her bed, head buried in the pillow he gave her on her 13th birthday.

"Hyunri, I-"

"Just go away, Kyungsoo. Leave me alone."

"I will, Hyunri. After you hear me out."

She didn't answered but he continued anyway.

"Hyunri, to be honest, dating Krystal was just a stunt. I wanted you to say that you love me but you didn't. You kept it all along. I knew that even before I started dating Krystal. I know you love me, Hyunri. So why can't you be honest like we promised to each other eversince we were 12?"

Since she didn't answered after he said it all, he continued anyway. "Hyunri... If you can't be honest then I will be." He heaved a heavy sigh gathering all his strength before he lets it all out.

"Hyunri, by the time, I saw that thing on your neck, I was crashed into a million pieces. I felt my heart stopped by that very moment because... I love you, Hyunri. And if you say that it's just a burnt, then fine, I believe you. Goodbye, Hyunri. Stop crying." He stood up, planning to leave her apartment when he suddenly felt a pair of arms snake into his waist. He turned around to stare at her for a second before he gathers her in his arms for a tight embrace. 


"I love you, Kyungsoo." She said.

He smiled before he leans down to give her a light kiss on her lips just to remind her how much he loves her.