Chapter 1

THE UNDEAD

"THANK YOU!!SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!" 6 girls bowed in appreciation to the crowd in front of them as they waved their hands, making sure to make eyecontact with each and everyone of their fans. They looked at the crowd before them, chanting their names endlessly while waving their lightsicks together in a synchronized manner.

"YEOJA!!!CHINGU!!"

Their eyes glistened with tears as they walked around the huge stage once more, trying to take in the reality thats right in front of them at the moment. Its almost like a dream to them but they knew, they've done it. They've finally achieved one of their many dreams. All their hardwork had paid off. Over 3 years of only having each other's shoulder to hold on to and to cry on when times were hard. They've finally did it.

The 6 girls who had gone through years of hardship just because they were from a small company, the 6 girls who had to bear through all the critiscims of being an SNSD wannabe, the 6 girls who fell but got up endlessly, they are the same 6 girls who are standing in front of over 6,000 people. They couldn't be more grateful to the people who have helped them grow and achieve their dreams. Those people who have helped them are very precious to these 6 girls. And they are called BUDDIES.

The girls took one last bow and gathered at the centre of the stage. Hugging each other in a group hug, living in the moment as the stage gradually lowers itself. Soon, the lights dimmed and the stage feels empty. It was a bittersweet feeling for both the fans and the artists. Soon, the girls were already out of the venue, not forgetting to wave goodbye to the fans who were waiting outside just to get a glimpse of their idol.

"Take a nap and rest. It will be a long ride. You've done well girls," Their manager said to them in a soft tone.

Only the people of SOUMU knows how hard these girls have worked. Day and night, their body never stops practising. They will never settle for anything less than perfection. To them it was go hard or go home and they did not want to go home just yet. They were just getting started.

There was a deafening silence. The girls were shocked at the rather affectionate tone in the Manager's voice. That particular manager had always been cold to them but only because he wanted them to do well. He cares for them very deeply and really wanted them to succeed. He had seen them at their worst. Crying and having their makeup smudged. Falling on the cold, hard floor of their practice room when their body could no longer take the exhaustion. It was painful for him to witness such stuff. But looking at them now, succeeding and being one of the top girl groups in South Korea, it was all worth it.

The silence was broken when the second maknae, Sinb, chimed in a savage remark of her own.

"Just say that you're proud of us in your normal monotone. Its weird for you to be soft with us."

The manager narrowed his eyes towards the mischevious girl and sighed, muttering something along the lines of quitting his job. The said girl could only give him a cheeky smile in return, satisfied with her own remark. After the mini argument between the manager and Sinb, the mini van that use to be filled with loud music and laughters, was now quiet and filled with a comfortable silence accompanied with a few snores here and there.

The night was still young. It was only 9pm but the girls were dead tired. Tiring days and sleepless nights preparing for the concert had finally caught up to them as they were already sleeping like a log.

The only person awake was their manager. Unfortunately, Gfriend's second manager had to drive the other vehicle which carries their stage clothes as well as their makeup artists and stylist. He was bored out of his mind but did not want to resort to music to cure his boredom as that would definitely disturb the girls. He cursed himself under his breath for forgetting to bring a pair of earphones. He sighed to himself.

"Its going to be a long night*sigh*"

The road was long and empty. Only trees accompanying the side of the seemingly endless stretch of road.


A few turns here and there. The manager decided to stop at a nearby gas station to take a short break. Two hours of non-stop driving could be a pain in the , literally. He went to get some snacks and drinks for the girls too. Just in case the girls were hungry when they wake up, especially Eunha. That girl seems to be hungry 24/7 and when she is hungry, she becomes whiny till she gets what she wants. And no one and i mean no one could stand a whiny bunny, not even Sowon. A frown quickly formed on the manager's face as he thought about dealing with a whiny Eunha. Their mini van could use some fuel too. He quickly got out of the van and slammed the door shut before locking the vehicle.

Sowon, being a lightsleeper she is, immediately woke up the moment she heard the door slammed shut. She rubbed her eyes, trying to get use to the brightness. She yawned as she stretched her body, a few bone cracking noises could be heard. She checked her surroundings as she stretched herself. She smiled lovingly, looking at the peaceful faces of her members. Yerin with some drool at the corner of her lips, Umji who is cute even when she is asleep, Yuju with her eyes half open and agape. Sowon giggles soft as she brought up her hand to Yuju's chin and closed , not forgetting to snap a picture of her. She then turned towards the other two. Eunha sleeping like a princess with her double chin that is very prominent. Then there is Sinb, asleep with her legs sprawled out and one of her hands above her head and the other resting on one of her thighs.
 
As Sowon checked on her members, she quickly looked towards the driver's seat, only to find it empty. Panic and worry start to wash over her as her forehead deepened into a furrow. She did not dare step outside of the vehicle without knowing where they are. As the van was equipped with built in shades, it made the window opaque so people from the outside couldn't see the inside of the van and those inside couldn't see whats outside. However, the transparency of these shades can be controlled with a button that is located at the side of every seat.

Sowon decided to increase the transparency of the window to see whats outside. As her hands touched the buttons, she heard the door unlocked and door opens. The manager comes in with a bag full of snacks and drinks in one hand and a can of red bull on the other. Sowon sighed in relief as the person she was looking for came back. She thought that their manager was kidnapped and they were left stranded in the middle of nowhere. She was too busy spacing out that she did not even notice her manager snapping his fingers in her face, trying to get her to notice him. She finally snapped back to reality when he knocked her softly on her forehead.

Their manager handed her the bag and told her to eat some snacks if she was hungry. Afterall, they still have a long way to go. She nodded and he continued driving. Sowon didn't feel like falling asleep again so she decided to check on her phone to pass time. After a gruelling one hour, the van came to another stop. This time, there was a major traffic congestion. They had just crossed the border, which made sense for the congestion but it shouldn't be that serious. The manager sat on his seat dumbfounded. He shrugged it off and muttered.

"Maybe its just an accident," As he took as sip of red bull. He should have bought two or three cans of red bull. An espresso would also help him fight out his sleepiness. The congestion was not helping either.

Soon, one by one, the girls woke up to the difference in motion. It was kind of like a habit. Whenever their van stops for a short period of time when they reach the destination, the girls woke up naturally. Their bodies must have mistaken the stop and accidentally woke up. Yerin woke up first, followed by Sinb and Umji, followed by Yuju and lastly Eunha. They were shocked to see the massive congestion in front of them. Their leader just handed them some snacks to keep them preoccupied, specifically the beagle duo. 


Sowon wanted at least a few more minutes of silence before all hell broke loose. As expected Eunha was the happiest among them when recieving the snacks with open arms. She sat cross-legged in her seat as she munch on her snacks with her cheeks puffed. It was a cute sight to say the least. Her hands hidden in the sleeves of her hoodie added to her cuteness. Sinb who was staring at Eunha secretly from her seat, couldn't help but to squeal softly at the adorable sight of the bunny beside her. Not being able to contain her excitement, she quickly hugged Eunha and cuddled up to her, snuggling her head on Eunha's neck. Being the tsundere that she is and not wanting to show her fondness towards her unnie, she came up with an excuse of being cold and wanted more warmth.

"Whatever you say Sinb ah~" Eunha could only chuckle at Sinb's excuse while hugging Sinb, occasionally feeding her some snacks. She decided to make the most out of this rare moment. Its not everyday that Sinb would get soft. Except with Umji.

Their ride consisted of their van coming to a halt every 10 seconds. The congestion was more serious than they thought. Their manager switched on the radio, hoping to be enlightened about the situation in front of him. He switched in between radio stations, trying to find the ones that broadcasted some news. Some were playing some music, some were hosting talkshows and one of them was talking about flesh-eating monsters. He decided to careless about the the last one. Probably one of those radio stations that broadcast horror stories sent by their listeners, he thought.  He shrugged it off and switched off the radio after failing to find more updates about the congestion. He drummed his hands on the steering wheel as he waited for the vehicles in front of him to move.

The girls were dying of boredom. They had finished their snacks and were now full. Umji decided to search for some updates regarding any accident that may be the cause of the congestion on her phone. As she waited for the page on her phone to load, she spaced out. It didn't made sense to her for a massive congestion like this to occur considering the time. It was already 3 o'clock in the morning. If she were to consider how congested the road was, the accident must have been quite serious. But then again, Korea is one of the most effecient countries in the world. The accident should have been cleared up by now and apologies and updates lf the accident would have been issued already through media including the radio stations.

Umji turned her attention towards her phone, only to find that the page still hadn't load. Her 4G was not working properly.(we can all relate to this sometimes :() She fought the urge to roll her eyes and sighed. Sensing her disappointment, Yuju decided to cheer her up with her alien language as well as her arm gestures with her ridiculously long arms. Umji could only look at her with a WTF-look but soon joined her.

Yerin who sat infront of them could only stare at them blankly. Sometimes she just couldn't understand those two. She shooked her head as she heard them mentioning some weird names like 'Yujurghini" and 'Umjirella'.

Yerin turned her head towards Sowon. Sowon seemed to be in deep thought, staring into blank space. She played with Sowon's hair by biting them and putting it between her lips, trying to get her attention. Normally, Sowon would've already scolded her and give her a slap. However, Sowon seemed distracted as her eyebrows meet and her frown deepens.

The whirring sounds of the rotating blades of a helicopter that flew above them could be heard. That managed to wake Sowon up from her thoughts. Thats weird, Yerin thought. A helicopter flying past is not weird, its quite of a normal occurance actually, along with planes and jets. Its weird that not just one but two helicopter were flying at this hour. Yerin looked at Sowon, bewildered. A lot of thoughts are going through her head right now. Not at all positive. Sowon looked at her with an unreadable expression. The same thoughts going through her mind.

The two of them decided to remain calm so as to not alert the other younger members. The younger members would definitely freak out. Sowon and Yerin held each other's hands for support and to calm each other. They hope it isn't what they imagined.

What they do not know is that, its worst than that....