the only chapter

Seakissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a lazy summer morning for you, who had gotten up at a late hour thanks to your phone buzzing with a text message.  You reach over on your nightstand and fumble for your phone. Your vision was blurry and adjusted to the early afternoon sun that hit your window.

 

From: jeon kookie

 

morning sleepy-head!  u up?

11:12 AM

 

You smiled as you replied to your best friend.

 

To: jeon kookie

 

unfortunately yes

11:12 AM

 

You set your phone down, and it takes you a few long moments to finally roll out of bed.  You sleepily shuffle to the bathroom and begin your very simple morning routine of washing your face and tying your hair in a messy bun.  By the time you get back, there’s another couple messages waiting for you.

 

From: jeon kookie

 

btw i'm having a beach party thing today…to kinda celebrate summer…

11:13 AM

 

just with the guys.  namjoon hyung will be there ;)

11:14 AM

 

With flushed cheeks, you texted immediately back.

 

To: jeon kookie

 

in my defense, i only liked namjoon in middle school.  

he got down in the books for the rest of high school, so i never saw him.  

ever.

11:17 AM

 

and yes ofc i’d love to go to the beach!!

11:17 AM

 

Jungkook replied immediately.

 

From: jeon kookie

 

cool :D  we’ll pick you up in a couple hours.

11:17 AM

 

You excitedly spun around the room a bit before searching through your drawers for something to wear.  You finally settled on a cute colourful bikini your mom bought you as soon as school let out. You threw a sleeveless top and loose shorts on before putting on some sunscreen and light makeup.

 

After all, it wasn’t everyday you got to go out.

 

Jungkook’s guy friends.  Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, and Taehyung.

 

You knew them pretty well, something most of the girls at your school were jealous of.  It wasn’t entirely your fault, as your best friend was their best friend and…well, you know how everything plays out from there.

 

When Jungkook first introduced you to the guys, they were a bit hesitant to accept you, mostly because you were a girl.  As you hung out with them more and more, you became somewhat of a tight knit family, even when some of them eventually graduated.  They saw you as their cute tomboy little sister they had to protect at all costs, and that was the way you liked it.

 

Before you knew it, you heard a knock at the door.  You grabbed your beach bag and hollered to your mom you’d be going out for the day, to which she said okay.

 

You opened the door to see Jungkook grinning.  You smiled back.

 

“You ready?” he asked.

 

“Yeah.  Haven’t been out in a while,” you replied as the two of you walked to the truck.

 

You saw Jimin peek out of the trunk, while the rest rolled down the windows and greeted her.  Jungkook helped you into the trunk and got in behind you before you guys drove off.

 

“How’s our little sister doing?” Jimin chirped.  

 

You grin.  “Never better,” you said, giving him a high five.  “My mom’s been stressing about college, so it’s nice to get out and be free.”

 

“Stay in school, kids!” Seokjin called from the front seat through an open window in the back.  

 

Jimin rolled his eyes.  “Yeah, okay, hyung,” he said.  “You’ll be fine, Y/N. You’re, like, the smartest girl I know.”

 

You put him in a friendly headlock.  “Thanks, that makes me feel loads better,” you laughed.

 

The three of you played simple games as you watch your surroundings pass quickly.  Before you knew it, the ocean came into view.

 

Jungkook helped you down from the trunk while the other guys stretched as they got out of the car.  Seokjin bickered with Namjoon about where they should set up umbrellas and towels. You couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight.

 

A very dysfunctional family, indeed.

 

“Come on, Y/N!  Let’s jump in!” Taehyung and Jimin said.  

 

You set your things down next to Namjoon, who was failing at getting an umbrella open.  You took off your top and slipped out of your shorts, only to freeze at someone staring at you.

 

“What?” you shot at Jungkook, who was staring with an open mouth.

 

He quickly closed it and laughed nervously before looking away.  His cheeks were blushing. “N-n-nothing…”

 

You shrug it off before running towards Taehyung and Jimin, who were waist-deep.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter