Are You Okay?

Are You Okay?

Jungkook was a sweet, fun loving, energetic teen who loved to sing, draw, and play video games; Taehyung was a rebellious, and hard headed, much different than the other teen but somehow they had a great friendship. From the first time they met they clicked, looking back at their first time meeting always made them laugh because it was extremely cliche, Jungkook was getting picked on by some dude for his ual preference and Taehyung being the gentleman that he is ended up giving the guy a bloody nose, ever since then he’s been sort of a protector for Jungkook as well as a great friend, it made him feel bad for having romantic feelings towards the other, he didn’t want to ruin their friendship but at the same time he wanted so badly to confess his feelings, he just simply couldn’t,not right now, not just yet.  


 

Taehyung pounded on Jungkook’s front door a few times before stepping back and waiting for his friend, he teen came out a few moments later and sighed as he adjusted his backpack. ”Hey Tae, how did you sleep last night;”Jungkook asked and his friend shrugged as he put on his sunglasses, “I didn’t, I spent all night getting wasted with Jimin so” he smiled at his best friend who just rolled his eyes. “Remind me to kill Jimin when we see him,” Taehyung laughed at his worried friend and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, “awe you worry too much Kookie, you should try to live a little” Jungkook felt himself blush when Taehyung’s arm came in contact with his body, “I live a perfectly happy live thank you” he stuck his tongue out and the older just laughed again as they walked to school. They were almost late because Jungkook insisted they stop somewhere to get breakfast muffins, he hummed happily as he chewed his strawberry muffin and before pushing it out towards his friend who didn’t get anything because he ‘already ate before he came over’ the younger pouted athis friend and stood in front of him with the muffin, “have a bite hyung pleasee” he begged and Taehyung sighed before pulling off a piece “there okay see” he popped it in his mouth and excherated the taste “mmmm see yumm” Taehyung rubbed his stomach and Jungkook smiled happily “thank you TaeTae”he said sweetly as they started to walk again.


 

“I can’t believe I let you copy on our math test, we almost got caught you realize that right;” Jungkook shook his head and Taehyung shrugged “but we didn’t” he said and flashed a smirk, “you’re an idiot,” Taehyung elbowed the younger before wrapping his arm around his shoulder for the second time today, “you’re so me-, hey faggets, do you remember me” Jungkook stiffened at the sound of a voice, the same one that he had resulted in a bloody nose and Taehyung’s week long suspension. Taehyung released the grip on his friend and turned around, he was already mad at the term the bully had used, “excuse me;” was all he got to ask before a teacher rounded the corner and ordered them all off to class, “c’mon Tae” Jungkook pulled his friend along quickly, “what an , you’re okay right kookie;” the older asked and said teen just nodded and kept his gaze on the floor. “Hey” Taehyung stopped and gripped Jungkook’s wrist so he would stop as well “I asked you a question Jeon, are you okay” he said again and then was abruptly pulled into a hug by his sniffling friend, “people are so mean, why Tae, what did I do” he whimpered as a few tears fell onto his best friends t-shirt,”oh Jungkook nothing, those people are just simple minded and don’t understand how great you really are,okay;” he lifted his friends chin up,”don’t cry over pathetic losers like him okay, you just smile and show him you don’t care” he wiped Jungkook’s tears with his sleeve and smiled, “see all better now,” the younger laughed a bit and wiped the rest of his tears as he collected himself, “okay okay, how lets go before we’re actually late.”


 

After school Taehyung waited for Jungkook outside and then proceeded to walk him home. “How was your English test;” he asked and the younger groaned, “I hate every single thing about it I don’t understand how Namjoon-hyung is fluent, but at least he helps me” Taehyung nodded as he walked with his friend, he couldn’t help but feel a little jealous of their mutual friend, he got to spend a lot more time with him lately and it was kind of pissing him off, Jungkook was his, no one else’s, friend, Jungkook was his friend, not like his as in relationships, though he wished for it, but he couldn’t just come out and say ‘hey I think you’re super cute, be my boyfriend’ he had a reputation to uphold. “Thanks for walking me home Tae, like always” Jungkook smiled and hugged his friend tightly “do you wanna come in and play Overwatch with me;’ he asked when they pulled away but the older shook his head sadly,”sorry Kookie but I gotta be home of mom will kill me,I’ll come by later though, if I can okay;” Jungkook nodded and gave him another quick hug before going rushing inside. Taehyung smiled to himself and laid his hand over his heart before walking in the direction of own home.


 

As he continued to walk the sun began to set and he had to zip up his jacket as it was getting cold. After spotting a park he knew had a shortcut he immediately walked towards it, he stopped abruptly when he saw the bully from earlier in the day as well as two of his friends, the guy must of seen them too because he said something to his friends and they proceeded towards him, he sighed as he turned the other way, he didnt wanna fight today. “Hey where’s your ugly boyfriend, probably off someone else off” the guy shouted as he and his friends walked, Taehyung tried to ignore them and kept walking until he felt something hard hit the back of his head,he fell and groaned lowley as he rubbed the back of his head and looked around for what had hit him, a rock, they had thrown a rock at him. “You broke my nose last time we fought, you know that” the guy growled as his foot smashed into Taehyung’s stomach, “ugh ” he whimpered in pain, “you know” he kneeled down and grabbed Taehyung’s hair “I think I’ll pay your little friend a visit,” he leaned down to whisper, “I bet show him a good time, don’t you think;” there was a low growl from Taehyung's lips and he lifted his head up and quickly headbutted the guy in the nose. “!” he backed up as his nosed gushed with blood, he looked at his friends and nodded,they smirked down at the still groaning Taehyung and began to kick him all over. After about two the two backed away and the bully laid one last blow to Taehyung’s face before his world went dark.


 

“Jungkook dear we’re out of kimchi, I need you to get some from the corner store please honey” the boys mother asked as she handed him some money, he nodded and smiled at her “of course mom I’ll be back soon” he told her as he walked out the door. As he was walking he passed a park and noticed a guy leaning against a tree, they seemed to be wearing the sae school uniform he had, as he walked closer his heart dropped when he saw it was Taehyung, “oh my god Tae!” Jungkook ran to him and carefully lifted his bloody head, “hnnnng” the older’s eyes flickered a bit as he tried to look at Jungkook. “I-I had to t-they were gon-shhh tae shh” Jungkook shook his head “It’s okay you don’t have to explain, can you stand up” he asked and Taehyung nodded slowly as he slowly stood to his feet with his friend’s help. Jungkook walked Taehyung back to his house and set him on the couch, he quickly went to get a warm cloth and came back started to wipe all the blood from his friends face, “oh Tae what did they do” he said sadly as he cupped his cheek, Taehyung just smiled at him the best he could, “ nothing I can’t handle Kookie” he mumbled as his eyes closed again, “I had to defend your honor, they were saying such bad things about you and I couldn’t let them talk about you that way, not you,n-not to the one I love” he mumbled before he passed again.


 

Jungkook was shocked at what his friend had just confessed, he felt himself smile and he covered the boy up before gathering his things to leave, he still had to get stuff for his mom, he looked over at his friend as he finished putting his jacket on and sighed happily, “I love you too Taehyung” he whispered before he left. When he arrived back home he told his mom what happened and she allowed him to go back to Taehyung’s after she finished cooking, she gave him two portions and he thanked her before going back to his friend quickly. Taehyung was awake when Jungkook came back and he instantly blushed when he saw him, “uh hey how are you feeling” he asked and his friend laughed a bit as he beckoned him over, “everything hurts but I’m starving and I smell food” Jungkook giggled and walked over to his friend before he began to unpack the food, “here” he picked up some with his chopsticks and fed it to Taehyung. He hummed in appreciation as he continued to eat, “do uh-do you remember anything before passing out;” he asked as he looked down at the bowl filled with noodles, “if you’re referring to me telling you I love you then yes Kookie I remember” he smiled as he watched his friend blush more and bite his lip, he leaned forward slowly and gripped the youngers chin,”look at me Jungkook” he said and said teen instantly looked up at Taehyung, “do you, like me too” he asked, “of course I do, how can you even ask, you don’t notice how nervous i get around you” he laughed and Taehyung sighed in relief, “good because if you didn’t this would be really awkward for me to do” he said and Jungkook raised an eyebrow “what do yo-” the younger’s speech was abruptly stopped by Taehyung’s lips against his, he gently kissed him back as he was pulled closer by the older. “Wooow”Jungkook breathed out when Taehyung pulled away, “so do you, ya’know, be my boyfriend..or whatever” he older asked with a blush, Jungkook smiled wide and nodded “I’d like that.”


 

It took about a month for Taehyung to fully heal, he didn’t mind though because his wonderful boyfriend was there for him the whole time, helping him, and it made his heart melt, but he’d never say that out loud, except maybe to Jungkook. At first the younger insisted he tell the police about who had hurt him but he just refused, because in all honesty,he’d take the beatings every day if it meant he was protecting Jungkook, he’d do anything for the man he loved and that’s just the way it was.