Prologue: If looks could kill...

If looks could kill...

A/N: Enjoy?

~Khazumi


Kim Dahyun was borne into the universe with exceptionally sharp eyes. Both in the sense of... well sense- sight, and appearance-wise. Her pair of inherited monolidded orbs twinkled deep brown, but there were times her mother swore they glowed a bright red with shards of gold twinkling from time to time. Which was weird. Weird, why? Because she was certain it was not due to lighting or anything of the sort.

No.

The colours were too vivid to be that.

There were also these odd times when she'd share her baby's gaze. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it was bad. When her baby was happy and laughing, the gazes they shared seem revitalizing to her soul, amde her feel happy- ultimately pleasant and seemingly cured any ailment she was feeling for the day. It was like she had the blessing of a magic baby. But it wasn't always like that. There would be days where the child would be in bad moods and the looks she gave her mother gave the woman awful headaches, enough to spill her guts out a few times. She could only blame it on stress because what inconceivable phenomenon was going on? Even if she figured it out, it was too out there to even be considered at all.

It was suspicious but she chalked it all up to coincidence.

So one day, when their corrupt land rulers/debt collectors came in to force payment out of them- Dahyun was barely four months old, but it was a wonder how the doctor had assumed that her sight had been perfect from birth: another oddity- seeing her father kneeling down, a knife to his neck, to her mother's expectation, the baby cried naught. A huge surprise to their intruders in contrast to the wailing mother on the floor.

Dahyun's eyes were set on her cooing father smiling at her, reassuring her it was alright. before turning to his captor, the baby's sharp eyes following suit, narrowing dangerously at the unfamilar looming presence who only glared back.

"What are you looking at, huh?" The gruff-voiced man interrogated, pushing the feeling of the irregular sudden pulsing of his temple to the back of his priority list. "Angry for daddy?" he mocked, also ignoring the feeling of bile piling and rising out of his stomach, his mouth tasting oddly of blood. Was  it because the father had hit him square in the abdomen with that punch? He was stronger than he looked, the man assumed. Because it was rare for him to feel pain at all.

It only made him hate this man more. Speaking of his blabbering mouth...

The fathere chuckled at the intense glare from his daughter, finding time to jest in his horrible situation. "You know, If looks could kill, that sharpness in her  eyes would have you dead." He said as the baby continued glaring at the man. 

 

... And that was the day her father cursed her, his own child, Kim Dahyun.


Awoken with a sharp gasp, Dahyun sat up, head throbbing painfully at the memory. She cursed that her being remembered such a night. The night she was forcefully ejected out of what she once believed was her family who would stick by her thick and thin. (Her sharp memory from such a young stage was another amazement as well.) the night her father looked at her in fear and her mother's suffering eyes, shaking and traumatized. Like she had just birthed the devil itself. The night she had first been told she was hated. Not even by those men, but by her own guardians.

The night she killed someone by so much as staring at them.

It didn't happen like how most would imagine. It wasn't like any of those cheesy supernatural or hero movies.There weren't any laser lights, or shooting of blue or red beams out of her eyes. No. She simply stared hard as she could and, Víola, he fell to the floor, lifeless, leaving everyone in horror, befuddlement at the sudden happening.

Questions floated around the room. Stares were thrown about, searching for a hidden perpetrator- a sniper maybe? But what kind of bullet from afar would not pierce through? Poisoning? But who and when did the act occur? A long-term infected wound only now acting up? Not very likely. The baby? The baby... what about the baby? Any assumption would have been too far-fetched. 

But...

The paternal figure of  the house chanced a glance at his daughter, still looking heatedly at the dead body. Could it possibly be- no... impossible, completely irrational. Scientifically improbable. But what if... Once her father realized the fact despite its absurdity, he yelled, creating as much distance from the child, crawling on all fours in terror. Not even chancing another glance at his own daughter, he cursed at her- he feared her. (As everyone else in the room did too.) He forgot- or maybe he threw away this conception: the one where she was his own flesh and blood, created with love. He could not bear the thought, he did not want to think of this.. this... thing as a daughter.

She could kill. So simply too. She was a threat, dangerous.

She was a monster. Kim Dahyun was a monster.

And thus, she was shunned away. Away from the shield of a father. Away from her mother's warmth, from the love of a family, away from a sheltering home, away from a place in society... 

Away, away, away...

... until forces similar to her- or at least were in the same boat of being outcast as her because no one could have a curse more despicable than her own- took her in to raise her as their own though she barely felt the part of fitting in, only ever opening up to so select few.

And she grew up.

And she learned.

And she lived in fear. The fear of killing. The fear of hurting and taking lives, with purpose or by mistake.She lived like this, hiding her eyes, hating anyone who would dare play with the words, "If looks could kill..." Because she knew,

They certainly could.


A/N: Finally I got a Saida!!!! Let's see  how this goes, yeah? I'm crazy for doing multi story management, but I didn't want to forget the concept!!! ;-; uwu. Feedback is much appreciated!!! Ciao!

~Khazumi