One

Set Me Free

Mina looked outside the window, wondering where she and her grandmother were heading off to. Her grandma wouldn’t tell her anything which made her frustrated. She remembered how their live was and how happily it was but now it changed when two scary men came knocking on their door. She knew exactly what they were.

They were vampires.

Her grandmother told her all about vampires and how there was good ones and bad ones. She had remembered her experience with them when she was younger. Now things have changed and Mina knew it.

After her grandmother and the vampires talked for what felt like hours, they walked out without looking at her. She turned to her grandmother and noticed her packing all her stuff which got Mina more confused. She walked to grandmother’s room and she told Mina that they were requested to work somewhere for a few days. She wouldn’t tell Mina more details but she just told her that she had to pack up her stuff as quickly as possible since they had to leave as soon as possible. Mina didn’t know why but she knew that her grandmother wouldn’t tell her anything. She was good with secrets with frustrated Mina. She sighed deeply as she packed the only stuff she needed. The rest of the stuff, she couldn’t care less about.

After packing, they both walked out of the house and Mina noticed the two vampires again. They were leaning against a black car. She turned to her grandmother who grabbed her hand and pulled her to get in the car.

They drove for hours which frustrated Mina but she sudden noticed a huge mansion that was nearby. She gulped quietly as she felt nervous for some odd reason. As she walked out, she felt the guards standing in the entrance staring at her. She hated when people looked at her especially vampires. They made her feel like she was just a piece of meat. She tried to avoid their stares by looking around the castle which didn’t work until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see her grandmother beside her, smiling at her sweetly. She smiled at her as they both walked around the mansion, thru the back and into a huge kitchen. Mina was so amazed at how huge the kitchen was. She looked around, seeing all the staff cleaning up. She then noticed a man wearing a black tuxedo. She turned to her grandmother.

“Who’s that?” She whispered in her ear.

As her grandmother was about to answer, she heard an unfamiliar voice infront of her.

“My name is Master Jinyoung. I’m the king of the castle and you are?" He flashed his wonderful smile at her which showed his white fangs.

Mina gasped as she bowed down quickly, afraid of him.

“I’m truly sorry your majesty.” She quickly said as she closed her eyes tightly, hoping that he wouldn’t hurt her.

He smiled at her as he slowly grabbed her arm, pulling her up to her feet.

“Your name sweetheart?” He asked again.

“Park Mina.” She softly said as she kept her head down.

He smiled softly at her as he lifted her head up, staring into her beautiful brown eyes.

“Keep your head up Park Mina before you bump onto something.”

She nodded her head, trying not to look down.

He slowly turned to her grandmother and nodded at her before he walked out of the kitchen.

“I’ll be right back Mina. Gin-Hyun here will show you around okay.” Her grandma pecked Mina’s forehead before leaving the kitchen to see Sir Jinyoung.

Mina looked at Gin-Hyun who flashed a small smile. She smiled back at her politely, curious about her bruises that were all over her body but she decided not to ask.

“Follow me. I’ll show you where you’ll be staying.” Gin-Hyun grabbed her hand and pulled her somewhere.

 

“So that’s your granddaughter huh?” Master Jinyoung said as he sat down on his chair, facing her.

“Yes sir.” She looked at him with so much hope in her eyes.

“I see. My sons will be very surprised when they see a human girl running around here.” He softly said.

“Master, I think it’s best if they don’t meet her until the party.” She softly suggested which caught Jinyoung’s attention.

He motioned her to continue further.

“Well, yes she is a human and she might be the hope for your sons and also for the kingdom but I think it’s best if during the time she’s here; I think your sons don’t interact with her just yet until the party.” She looked at him.

“You got a good point but why?” He questioned her.

“Because she is my granddaughter and I don’t want her to be frightened. She’s already scared enough being here and meeting you. Meeting your sons will scare her even more.” She explained.

“Hm...I see your point but may I ask, why is she so terrified of us?” He asked, being so curious.

She looked down, not really wanting to remember what happened but she had to tell him.

"It happened when she was six years old...” She started.

 

"Umma!" She yelled loudly inside her head as she saw her mother's dead body on the ground covered in blood.

Tears ran down her small face as she saw the men that killed her parents. Her parents that would do anything for her. She quickly covered from screaming. She backed away from the door until her back touched the wall. She needed to go out but she couldn't. Those men were dangerous. More than dangerous but deadly.

They were vampires.

She looked up, seeing one of them opening the door; revealing her to the others. She then noticed that there was more than two. She gulped loudly as she stayed quiet. She didn't want to make any noise. She noticed that they all had smirks on their faces which scared her more. She could see the fangs coming out of their mouths but stopped when they heard a loud bang somewhere. The leader looked at them and nodded for them to go and check it out.

As they disappeared, she turned to the leader who was getting closer to her. She couldn't move since she was already at the back so she just stood still, looking at his every move.

"Don't worry baby doll, I won't hurt you." He said with a smirk on his face, as he her hair softly which calmed her.

"Why do I feel calm?" She asked herself.

She slowly turned to him, seeing him smiling at her. Not a smirk but actually a smile.

She then heard something from the outside which made her look away from his eyes. She looked up to see one of his men, badly injured.

"We have to go. They're here." He said out of breath then left with the others.

He softly grabbed her chin, making her look at him. He smiled at her as he pecked her cheek softly.

"I'll see you again someday. I promise you." He whispered in her ear and left in a flash which left her alone.

She shook her head as she heard her name being called. A familiar voice.

"Mina! Where are you baby?!"

"Granny?" She softly said as she stood up and walked out of the closer, seeing her granny running up to her.

She ran to her granny, wrapping her small arms around her neck as she felt her granny's hands under her thighs, lifting her up; hugging her.

"You okay sweetie?! They didn't hurt you?!" She asked Mina as she looked around her, not seeing any cuts or bruises which relieved her.

"No granny but where is appa? Umma is dead." Tears streamed down her face as she looked at her granny.

"I'm sorry sweetie but he's with your umma now. They killed him as well but don't you worry, I'm always going to be here for you okay. I'll keep you safe okay." She said as she walked out of the house.

"Okay granny." She whispered in her ear then passed out.

 

"So vampires killed her parents?" Jinyoung said, feeling terrible for the young girl. “Do you know who they were?”

She nodded slowly then shook her head before looking at him.

"No, the men you sent and I never found them. They haven’t come back for her which scares me. Also, it will take some time for her to get used to being around vampires. That's why I suggest we wait until the party." She continued.

Master Jinyoung looked outside the window and didn't speak for a bit before he slowly nodded his head.

"I accept your terms Eun-Yang. We'll wait. She'll be my maid until the party. Teach her your ways of this house and hopefully things will run smoothly."

She bowed, nodding before she left the room.

Jinyoung sighed deeply as he stood up and walked to the hallway of his sons' rooms but he could tell that it was empty. He sighed deeply.

"Of course they're not here." He mumbled to himself before walking to his room.

 

 

Somewhere downtown, where only vampires go to enjoy themselves in a club called Obsession; a certain group of vampires stood out. Jun K takes a sip of his drink as sits beside Taecyeon who had a girl on his lap that was giggling. He rolled his eyes as he watches his brothers in the bar but there was two missing.

Chansung and Wooyoung. The younger ones yet the most trouble ones.

He looked at Taecyeon, giving him the signal before he stood up and walked out of the place to find them.

Taecyeon pecked the girl’s lips before he stood up and motioned the restto come along. They nodded at him and left the bar.

 

Wooyoung and Chansung walked around the village with a drunken girl holding on to them both . The girl couldn’t stay still which made Chansung laugh while Wooyoung was holding her really close to him, whispering in her ear which was making her blush.

"They’re so stupid." Chansung thought to himself, knowing that Wooyoung heard him as he smirk at him then at the girl.

Wooyoung slowly made his way towards a dark alley, pushing the girl against the wall. Before she could say or scream, he sinked his fangs in the side of her neck and started to drink her blood. Her screams were faint so no one could hear her. He moaned in satisfaction at how delicious it was but he could still taste the alcohol in it. That disgusted him but he was really thirsty and he didn’t care. Chansung grabbed her arm, sinking his teeth in her wrist also feeding off her which he enjoyed. As they the life out of her, they released her which made her body go down to the ground, dead and pale.

They slowly wiped their mouths, not caring that they just killed an innocent girl. They smirked to each other and were about to walk away until they looked up to see their brothers.

"Great." They both thought.

“Care to explain boys?” Taecyeon said sternly, clearly pissed off.

Chansung rolled his eyes as he walked past him with Wooyoung next to him.

“I was hungry so what, it’s not like anyone will notice her gone. She’s nothing but a .” He replied back, walking back home.

Taecyeon was about to go and give him a piece of his mind until he felt Junho's hand on his shoulder, shaking his head not to even bother. He sighed deeply and looked ahead.

“Let’s go home.” He mumbled as he made his way to the castle with his brothers behind him.

“Don’t worry Taecyeon. They’ll soon realize what they did was wrong. It’s just a phase.” Jun K said, trying to cheer him up which clearly wasn’t working.

Nichkhun shook his head as he felt the tension around his brothers, annoying as they made it to the castle. He was the first one to walk in. He ignored all the maids as he went straight to his room, shutting the door shut.

Jun K sighed as he also went to his room that was beside Nichkhun, ignoring everyone.

“Taecyeon. Junho.” Master Jinyoung sternly said as he walked towards them.

.” They both mumbled, knowing that they were in trouble.

“Come. I need to have a talk with you two.” He sternly said as he walked to his office, knowing that they were following him.

 

 

Mina looked around her room as she placed her belongings on the corner where her small bed was at. She sighed deeply, not knowing if this was going to be a good for her and her grandmother. She found out that she was going to be Master Jinyoung's maid. Only his. She wasn't that thrilled about it but she knew that she had to do this or else she'll be in big trouble. She looked at her uniform that was hanging aside the window. It was a black buttoned shirt with black jeans. It was optional to wear whatever kind of shoes. She was relieved that she didn't have to wear skirts. She hated skirts as well as high heels. Those were just uncomfortable for her. She started to yawn loudly which was no surprise since she hadn't slept all day so she decided to lay on her small bed as she decided to take a nap, hoping that tomorrow will be a better day for her.

Eun-Yang walked inside hers and Mina's room, seeing her fast asleep. She smiled softly at her as she sat beside her, wrapping a blanket around her. She pecked her forehead as she softly whispered on her ear.

"Be strong darling. You'll live a great life after that party. You'll see."

She got up and went towards her bed, lying down as well as she covered herself and fell right to sleep.

 

"What is it this time father?" Taecyeon groaned as he sat on the couch, infront of Jinyoung's desk.

Junho wasn't really in the mood to talk as well but he had to listen to his father. He slowly sat down beside Taecyeon, waiting for his father to say something.

"As you guys already know, there's going to be a masquerade ball that we're going to throw in three days time." Jinyoung started to say.

They rolled their eyes in annoyance.

"Great another party." They both thought to themselves, not realizing that their brothers were listening as well.

"Enough is enough with you boys just going to town, getting drunk and killing young women. I don't care what you guys say or do but in that party, you are going to choose a wife whether you like it or not." He threatened them which caught Taecyeon off guard.

He had never seen his father so aggressive and threatening unlike Junho who just had his poker face on, didn't really care about his father's threatening.

"But father, all the girls there are so y and so not our types." Taecyeon argued with his father, hoping that he'll change his mind but by the looks of it, it was so not gonna happen.

"I don't care Taecyeon. You all are soon going to be kings of this kingdom. I won't tolerate you guys being like this your entire life. My decision is made up unless you find a girl yourselves in that party or I'll arrange the marriage with one of my closest friends' daughter. It’s your choice." He threatened again.

Both boys stared at their father in shocked then they heard the door slam open then closed. They turned around to see the rest of their brothers standing behind them, glaring at their father.

"WHAT?! You can't do that father!" They all shouted at him all at once.

"I can and I will. You have until midnight at the day of the party so if I were you, I'd take this seriously unless you wanna marry the daughter of Yang Hyun-suk."

Their mouth dropped opened once they heard that name.

"Princess CL!" They all shouted.

"No way!"

"Gross!"

"She's a meanie!"

"She's not even my type!"

Jinyoung couldn't help but smiled as he stood up from his chair and turned around, looking outside the window.

"Then, I suggest you start finding one."

They all groaned and left to their rooms.

Jinyoung  smiled as he looked up at the full moon, knowing that once they see her; they'll fall in love with her immediately.

"In three days time my sons. You'll thank me." He mumbled as he went to his room, knowing that tonight; he'll sleep very well.

 

"How can father be like that? How can we find someone to marry in three days time?" Wooyoung thought as he laid in bed, staring at the ceiling.

"You’re telling me brother. This is just so unfair." Chansung replied to him in his thoughts.

"Father has completely lost it!" Jun K yelled in their thoughts, pissed off.

"Calm down, Jun K." Nichkhun thought back as he hated when his brothers got upset. He didn’t want to make him more angrier than he already is.

"This is just ridiculous! I don't wanna marry Princess CL! She's so heartless!" Taecyeon yelled, so pissed off.

Junho was really quiet, not knowing what to say. He was lost in thought. He sighed deeply as he stood up and walked to the window, seeing the full moon.

"Let's just get some sleep guys. We'll worry about this tomorrow." He thought as he lay on his bed, going to sleep.

He didn't hear his brothers’ thoughts anymore.