412

With A Heart To Forget You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 9 in the dewy mornings of Seoul streets.She was there, along with a rotten heart, her nails lightly tapping against the rough surface of the table. The interior of the cafe was left empty, except the shuffling of some footsteps of the few baristas that were completing each of their unfinished work. She was there yet again wallowing in her own reminiscences of old times, the smell of coffee beans as she deeply inhaled with very deep breath she took of the cold air that the loneliness offered.

 

She googled her eyes past the wide window, settling it on the bookshop that was situated opposite of the empty road. It was a faint smile that hovered over her lips, nothing much. She awaited, eyes stationed for that familiar figure to pass by, to lightly wave at her and jump on his feet to show his childish excitement. She would giggle and nod, mouthing a “quick”. If it was only possible, her brows furrowed, the smile dropping from her lips as her eyes diverted elsewhere due to the absence of that particular male.

 

Only if the memories could dissolve in the air that remained around her. Only if his scent would diffuse away. Only if she could stop the tears each time she would be reminded of him.

 

She could hear particular faded footsteps getting louder and closer until it stopped. She looked up, as she craned her neck, her eyes meeting with a pair of doe eyes. She could feel her expression mirrored on his face that lacked all the brightness.


 

Everything washed away with that one voice, with that male.

 

Selfish, he was.


 

She smiled, smile that barely reached her eyes. It was none other than Do Kyungsoo, the manager of the coffee shop he was in.

 

“Hi” he whispered as his heart shaped lips curved a bit. She only nodded in return. Her heart felt heavy, she knew his did too. They were only acting as if the atmosphere didn’t contain his absence.

 

The experienced barista noticed the dark bags under her eyes, the puffy and red eyes, pale face drained of emotions. He was gravely worried, but shrugged it off anyways, convincing himself with fruitless and plain, “She is okay.”

 

The short figure towered over her, with a tray in his hand. Two cups of coffee was ready to be served. His hands shook unconsciously, as the cups in his hands cluttered.He bent over, the cup carefully placed in front of her. She couldn't help but notice the bony fingers, the knuckles that protruded from his light skin.

 

“An Americano for Hana. Two shots, I know.” He choked up a chuckle. An effort that was missed.

 

Her eyes fixated on the beige drink, her cold hands wrapped around the cup.

 

“Mocha for Sehun. He likes everything chocolate, doesn’t he?” His voice quivered and he placed the cup away from her. His hands didn’t ;leave the porcelain material. She slightly flinched at the mentioned name but she soon relaxed. Her salty tears that dropped from her eyes, she couldn’t hold it in,

 

Do Kyungsoo’s eyes hardened, a glossy coat over his eyes. Her eyes caught it, as it slowly moved to the illuminated bronze badge stuck on his white shirt. Silence dawned over them as no one dared to utter a word. She gave up.

 

“Yeah, he does.” she sobbed.

 

Do Kyungsoo wanted to scream, shake the girl in front of her holding her shoulders, for her to snap the crap out of her stupor. It was too painful, the weight of his heart, the weight of his memories that associated around that male. But he couldn’t, hands were limp by his sides.

 

He gave his word to that male, to pretend that he existed even though he would be nowhere to be found.

 

“Just pretend. Just pretend that I am alive.”

 

He remembered arguing with him, cups shattering on the floor as he refused to believe that the person in front would not exist in a few weeks time. He argued for his heart, for her heart, so that male could live for another day.

 

He remembered his lips quivering as his fists clenched the taller male’s shirts tight, as he groaned and cried. He bawled, chanting the same sentence,

 

“Don’t go, Sehun. Don’t.”

 

Sehun’s slim fingers combed through the shorter male’s hair, as a sad smile appeared along with a few tears of his own. The  dim lights of the cafe illuminated his blonde locks, his slim figure which was hugged by the shorter one. How his heart heaved simultaneously as he tried to soothe his friend whom he could never meet again.

 

If he had it bad, she had it times worse.

He quickly rummaged into his apron pockets for some napkins, and quickly offered her some, which she clutched in her tired and skinny hands. He couldn’t stand there for another moment, head hung low and tears escaping his eyes, he took a step back and walked away. His arms brushed over his eyes as he strutted over to the staff’s room.

 

Despite the loud sobs of her friend, Hana pretended to be oblivious as she tried to swallow back her guilt and regret. She believed, it was only a matter of time that he would be back. He would make up for the lost times, lost kisses and the tears she wept for him.

 

Soon the shop was filled with clutters, hushed mutterings of customers and the constant chime of the bells signalling the entrance of yet another person. The surroundings around her was a blur as she continued to dwell on the past, where his presence was a given. Hana stayed stationed at her seat, eyes sometimes falling over the unattended coffee mug that was placed opposite of her.

 

She was not waiting but was just letting the time slip through her fingers.

 

Time heals everything. It was a motto of his, that he decid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter