You lie.

Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kibum knew something was up with Minho.

So he can’t explain, huh?

It didn’t help his suspicions that the younger boy wouldn’t look him in the eyes when they talked, and even seemed to be avoiding him on purpose. Having thought him a good person when they first met, Kibum wished there was another reason for Minho’s behaviour. But what other possibility could there be?

The more Kibum thought about it, the angrier he became. He thought of how innocent Taemin was, and how anyone could bear to hurt someone as precious as him. After all the poor boy’s been through, all he deserved was somebody to trust, right?

Honestly, Kibum had thought Minho would be that person for Taemin - loving him, caring for him, staying true to him.  And now Minho goes and does all this… Kibum gritted his teeth at the thought; he hadn’t felt so incensed in a long time. For some reason, he didn’t try to calm down, unlike previous times.

I’ll make this right, no matter what it takes.

***

After that night, Kibum kept an eye on Minho. Every night, he’d wake up to Taemin sleeping alone, and would know that Minho was at it again.

It was starting to sicken him - he needed to put a stop to this, and fast. Kibum saw that it was more than stopping Minho from doing something he shouldn’t be doing. Each night, when he woke to see Taemin thrashing around in his sleep, Kibum realized that without Minho, the younger boy couldn’t be comforted.

To help Taemin, he had to stop Minho. 

“Taemin-ah…” Kibum whispered, the boy’s hair as he slept fitfully. “Taemin…”

Taemin didn’t respond, but continued to mumble in his sleep with a frown on his face.  Kibum’s heart twisted at the sight. It also caused fury to ball up in his stomach, all of it directed at Minho. That boy ought to be here right now…

Kibum growled.

That’s it; he was going to confront Minho when he came home.

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter