Her Personal Vitamin(hyuk)

Her Personal Vitamin(hyuk)

Her personal Vitamin(hyuk)
(Minhyuk x Reader: High School AU)

You stepped out of your home and let out a long and loud sigh. It was early in the morning and you were heading to school for the last day before summer break. To be quite honest, you hated school. It was painfully agonizing to attend that hell hole everyday. But you did it for the benefit of your future and the sake of not getting kicked out of your own home by your parents. Stressful but, worth it... you guessed.

Slowly, you trudged your way toward the bus stop and thought to yourself as you pondered whether it really was worth it all? You’d much rather be in bed right now and enjoying a nice quiet day with much needed sleep. You also still had work after school. Good gracious.

Thankfully, it’s the last day and most likely all the teachers will be doing absolutely nothing but cleaning up or just letting students chill. You hoped so and hoped that would give you a chance to nap. Sleep is very important as you knew.

Eventually, you reached the bus stop and immediately as you arrived, the bus drove in. You hopped on and prepared yourself to survive the remaining 5-7 hours of the last day of school.

****

When you arrived to school, you greeted the security and strolled in with an already tired expression. “Good morning!” The security guard greeted with a smile. You force a smile and bowed toward him. “Morning, sir.” It was still 8:00 and you were already wanting to hightail off back to your sweet home. You could, to be gratefully honest. But, you didn’t. You continued to trudge across the floor and hoped you don’t drop dead by the time you got halfway to class.

It took time, but you eventually made it to your homeroom and sat silently in your seat. You sigh and lay your chin atop your hands and slowly dozed off into a daydream. "I'm so tired..." You groan. However, suddenly, someone noisily pulls up a chair in front of you and you feel a ray of sunshine illuminate you. You look to your front and let out a small smile as you see who was it that suddenly brightened up your day.

Lee Minhyuk

You and Minhyuk couldn’t be considered best friends. But you two couldn’t be strangers. Nor acquaintances. It was a relationship in between that seemed to suffice the both of you. At least, that’s what you thought. Minhyuk had always been a friendly and outgoing dude, so he literally was friends with everyone, if not, knew everyone. No one hated him, can’t say everyone loved him though. He was this really popular guy that had very few flaws but wasn’t unapproachable. He had a radiating friendliness that allowed people to be comfortable around him. And he did exactly that with you. And you loved it.

He was sitting in a chair in front of you backwards and was smiling brightly at you. This. This was the warmth and motivation you needed. The daily vitamin you yearned for. Minhyuk's adorable and beautiful smile. You smiled lightly at him and waved. He placed his arms atop of your desk and cupped his head into his hands as he stared at you. “What’s up?” He asks with a cheery tone. You just shake your head and hum, telling him it was nothing. But, he doesn’t take your excuse and frowns. “Don’t lie to me.” He pouts. You giggle and smile at him. “I’m fine, really. Just tired. How about you?” You ask.

Minhyuk’s frown turns upside down and a gleeful smile paints his face once you had asked him that. “I am feeling great!” He bursts out with all the joy he had. You laugh and stare at him in awe. His bright and lovely smile was so mesmerizing. It was brighter than the sun and cuter than a kitten. The way his teeth were fully exposed, revealing a little bit of his gums; the way his eyes squint so cutely, the little creases in between his cheeks and eyes, it was all so cute and comforting. You loved to see this bright side of Minhyuk. This burst of joy that he always had. This radiating sunshine that never seemed to bore you. This entrancing person who you were not even that close with, was such a gift.

“Y/N? Wanna eat lunch with me later?” He suddenly asks you. You perk up and broke away from your thoughts when he spoke. Looking at him with a confused look, you point at yourself. “You want me to sit with you at lunch?” You ask. He smiles and nods. “Yeah!! My other friends have somethings to do at lunch and I don’t wanna be lonely.” He explains. You grin and nod. “Sure. Where do you sit?” You ask. Minhyuk shakes his head and grins. “I’ll pick you up when the bell rings, don’t worry and just wait for me in front of your class!” He tells with a huge smile. You eye him a bit shocked, but agree anyway. At least you got to bask in his radiance more later. That was a plus.

Suddenly, the bell rings and the teacher had come walking in. Minhyuk sighs in disappointment and looks back at you with puppy eyes. “I’ll see you later then!” He bids goodbye as he stands from his seat and pushes it back into its original spot. You smile as you waved back at him and watch him hop away into his seat. “He’s so cute.” You mumble.

***

It was your third class and lunch was next. You were just finishing up some remaining packing in your literature class when your close friend, Wonho comes up to you and places a friendly hand on your shoulder. You look up and smile at him. “Hey.” He greets. You hum back in reply and continue with your work. “Today is the last day! I am so happy!” He chimes. You chuckle and nod. “Yeah, I need this day to be over with so summer break can start!”

Wonho smiles and sits in the seat next to you. “I heard Minhyuk asked you to sit with him at lunch today?” He asks. You look up at him and nod. “Uh... yeah. Did he tell you?” You ask. However, you probably should’ve know. Wonho was friends with Minhyuk. And that’s what got you to know the little sunshine in the first place. Wonho nods and smirks. “Oho! Y/N and Minhyuk getting closer!” He grins. You scoff and look away from him flustered. “What are you implying?”

“I’m implying that you two should just go out already and end this mundane relationship of yours.” He retorts. You pause for a second and ponder his words. “Go out...” he said “go out”. As in date. As in be Minhyuk’s girlfriend. You blush at the thought and hid your face. Wonho spots your flustered expression and smirks. “Ooohh? Little girl is blushing? She might have a crush on the puppy?” Wonho teases. You groan and slap him with your notebook. “OW!?” Wonho whines as he rubs his arm. You scoff and shove the notebook into your bag. “Shut up or I’ll hit you with my literature textbook.” You warn. Wonho pouts and stares. “You’re so violent.”

Suddenly, the bell rings and signals lunch. You smile and quickly rise from your seat. Wonho gets up as well and sighs. “I have to go meet Yoona. I’ll see you at work?” He smiles. You nod and bid him farewell. After watching him off, you walk outside the class room and lean on the wall by the door, waiting patiently for Minhyuk. After waiting for a few minutes, your mind wonders off and you suddenly think about what Wonho had told you.

“Go out with him...” You repeat. The words awkwardly fall out of your mouth and you felt a sensation of cringe. You honestly never thought about Minhyuk in that way. Never. You of course admired him; him and his loving personality and bright smiles. But, you don’t necessarily think there was a moment that you thought of him romantically. Well... once upon a time you did find him very handsome. Heck, he still is. He was also very kind. Like, he is the sweetest sweetheart ever! Second to Wonho! He always tries to make people happy and never lets someone be alone.

He even cried one time when he accidentally sat on your mechanical pencil and broke it in two. It was the only pencil you had and was a special one that Wonho bought for you. The kid apologized to you for days and even though you were sad about it, it wasn’t the end of the world. He was so intent on making it up to you. In the end, he bought you a whole case of mechanical pencils! You thought that was really sweet honestly and had that on your mind for weeks. Was that some kind of romantic feeling? You didn’t know. You never fell in love before. You sigh in frustration and ruffle your hair. “Why did he have to go and say that?! Now my brain is going haywire!” You groan.

“Say what?”
“AH?!”

You jump at the sound of a voice and back off in a karate self-defense stance. Looking at the person who suddenly popped in, you soften and remove yourself from the dumb stance. “O....oh? M...Minhyuk?” You stutter. The handsome teen tilts his head curiously and stares. “You okay?” He asks. “You seem jittery?”

You sigh and shake your head. “N...No. I’m fine. Just... you scared me. That’s all.” You smile awkwardly. In an instant, the bright and lovely smile he always had, pops back in and he looks at you in delight. “Okay then! Let’s go~” He chimes. You smile and nod, letting him lead you to the large cafeteria.

The two of you quickly got your food and sat in an empty table near one of the cafeteria windows. The view was of the school’s well kept garden and yard, courtesy of the agriculture department. You set your tray down and sit comfortably in the seat. Minhyuk does the same, but sits in front of you. The second he sat though, his mouth was already yapping away. “Thank you for sitting with me!” He grins. You smile and nod. “Welcome. Wonho left me for his girlfriend, so I was gonna eat by myself anyway.” You explain. Minhyuk smiles and nods. “Ahhhh! Yoona?”

You nod. “Yeah.” Minhyuk grins and then began chowing down in his food. You too, ate and savored the food. “Honestly,” Minhyuk begins, with a full mouth. You look up from your food and hum in reply. “The food here is great. People complain about it, but it’s good! They’re just being picky -heads.” He states as he swallows the food in his mouth. You chuckle at his statement, agreeing with it. “I mean! It’s good! It’s healthy! And we might as well acknowledge that the school does use up money to feed us!” He rants. “Money is important and for us to waste the food is wasting the money!” He announces. You think for a minute and then nod. He was right. That would be such a waste.

“That’s pretty insightful, Minhyuk.” You grin. The boy’s eyes enlarge and he nods, also gauging down another spoonful of kimichi stew. “Y/N, you understand me!” He grins with a mouthful. You smirk and chuckle. “Ah! Y/N!” He calls out to you. You look at him and hum in reply. He eyes you and leans in closer to you. “Don’t be mad... but... I heard you talking to yourself earlier.” He whispers.

You immediately blush in embarrassment and stare at him in shock. He heard me?! You thought in a panic. You didn’t think anyone was there?! He did sneak up on you... wait? So did he? You stare in absolute shock and slowly swallow the remaining rice in your mouth. The pretty boy was still looking at you curiously and tilted his head. You slowly lean back and smile shyly. “Ahaha... I Uh...” You try to explain yourself, but you just choke up and the words just get jumbled in your mouth.

Minhyuk then smiles and laughs. “Don’t worry! I won’t judge you!” He gleams. Your heart calms and you felt a little relief at his words. “I talk to myself too sometimes. Talking to yourself can be fun!” He innocently beams. You stare a little taken back. That was kinda weird, but coming from him, it was adorable. So, you just let it slide and laugh. “Is that so?”

Minhyuk laughs and smiles brightly, revealing his cute eye smile. This melts your heart and you feel a ping of joy. It was nice that you were getting closer to Minhyuk. Chatting with him was nice. He just kept talking and talking about random things and you just listened attentively. Eventually though, you dazed off and began to admire him. However, the longer you stare at him, the more your insides began churning and soon, your heart was beating irregularly. You examine his cute smile and lovely lips; his soft cheeks and cute nose; and especially his big and puppy-like eyes. His large and adorable eyes. They were so cute and pretty. You soon got lost into them and eventually, your face heats up. In your mind, Minhyuk was just so handsome and adorable that you could not take your eyes off of him. Was this... a crush?

“Y/N?” Minhyuk calls out to you, interrupting your daydream. You shake your head and awkwardly look away. “Ah! Um! Y...yes?” You reply. He looks at you curiously and pouts. “Is there something on my face? You were staring at me for a while.” He asks. You blush heavily and tried to think of an excuse. “I um... uh... it’s...” Your words jumble up and nothing but nonsense spurted out of your mouth. You blush even more and lower your head in embarrassment. “Or...” Minhyuk suddenly spoke. You look up shyly.

“Is it cuz I’m so handsome?” He cheekily says as he poses with a smirk. You cough in surprise and could feel your heart beat ten times faster than ever before. Minhyuk laughs cutely and returns back to his food. “I’m kidding!” He laughs. You sigh in slight relief and smile. Minhyuk smiles at you and points to his face. “Seriously though? Is there something in my face?” He asks worriedly. You chuckle awkwardly and shake your head. “No. There’s nothing. I just...” You pause and think. After a few seconds, you just sigh and grin. “I was lost in thought and wasn’t paying attention to where I was staring at. I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable.” You explain. Minhyuk shakes his head and hums. “It’s okay! You looked cute dazed off! I kinda got lost in staring at you!” He bluntly tells. This makes you blush once more and you feel the heat return. Your heart began beating fast again and you felt like you were gonna die of hypertension. Minhyuk notices the redness and looks at you worriedly.

“Y/N?! You okay? You look red?!” He reaches a hand across the table and places a hand across your forehead. This startles you, causing you to freeze right on the spot, and almost forget to breathe. He moves his hand across your forehead and compares your temperature to his. “You’re just a little warmer than me... is that okay?” He asks. You unfreeze yourself and just nod vigorously. “Y...Y...Yeah... it i... is f...f...fine!” You stutter.

He nods and continues to his food. You gulp in and slowly return to your own food. Only to just stare at it. You basically lost your appetite and didn’t feel like eating anymore. You were freaking out inside. After what Wonho had told you, your emotions are just a mess right now. You didn’t know how you felt for Minhyuk anymore. You glance up and see him eating happily like a little puppy. He was so cute. So adorable. So handsome. You just couldn’t help it and got lost at staring at him again. His bright smile, his puppy eyes, his cute nose, everything... everything was so mesmerizing. You were completely captivated.

“...”

“You’re so cute.”

“...”

You immediately froze. Wtf did you just say. What. The. F*k. Did. You. Just. Say. Out. Loud?! Your mind explodes and your face turns beet red. It was more than obvious that you were flustered and that both of you were conscious about what you just said. Minhyuk stares at you mouth gaped and wide eyed. An obvious shade of pink was also across his cheeks and you felt a surge of tingling feelings go in and out of you.

“I’m... w...what?” He asks. Unsure about what you said. Even though he heard it clear as day. You gulp in and immediately stand from you seat. You then pick up your tray and turn around in lightening speed. “I-I-I am n-n-not f-f-feeling well!” You blurt. “I’m g-going to the n-nurse!” You immediately dash off and dump your tray, then sprint out of the cafeteria and straight to the nurses office, leaving Minhyuk behind. He sat there silent and flustered. Bright pink burned his cheeks and he felt butterflies in the pit of his stomach. “She... called me... cute...” He huffs in and exhales loudly. A little grin slowly appears and soon an entire smile paints his face. “She said I’m cute!”

***

You lay in the nursing bed and sigh loudly as you turn to your side. Over and over and over again, your mind replays the event from earlier in your head.

“You’re so cute.”
“You’re so cute.”
“You’re so cute.”

“GYAH!!” You exclaim as you toss in the bed and shove your face into the pillow. You groan into the fabric and let out a terrible sound of frustration and agony. What did you just do? What did you just do? You f*ked up man. You f*ked up. You scream internally and toss and turn in the bed filled with embarrassment and frustration. Why did you say that? Why did you say that out loud?! You mentally beat yourself up and wailed in agony, wishing, praying, that all of it would just disappear.

“Is that how you’re gonna end it, Y/N?” You ask yourself as you sigh. Was it? Were you really gonna end this? When you finally got a little closer to him, you go and utter nonsense. You had to mess this up? Would you be able to face him again? Especially since you left him so abruptly like that? You dreaded yourself and groaned angrily into the pillow again. You hated yourself so much right now. Thinking it over and over again... you sigh once more and lay silently.

The bell rings, signaling for your next class. But you ignored it. Lost in thought, you ponder over everything that has happened. Your admiration for Minhyuk. Your love for his bright personality and smile. Your heart that now beats a million beats per second every time you think of him. Your red cheeks that glow every time you think about his smile. You lay back on your back and slowly place your right hand to your heart. Minhyuk’s image pops back into your mind and a tinge of happiness springs into your heart. A smile appears and you sigh in defeat. You were too tired now. Too depressed to think. Too drained to get mad anymore. You wanted your energy back. 

“I want to see Minhyuk...”

***

The bell rung for the final class and Minhyuk was searching around the halls. He peeked over there, here, there, and over there. Not finding what he wanted. The pretty boy sighs in disappointment and pouts. “Where’s Y/N?”

***

You felt a warm and gentle touch on your hand and looked up. You could see Minhyuk sitting right next to you, staring at you with relieved eyes, and felt the heat return to your cheeks. But, unlike before, you didn’t hide nor run. You didn’t fluster or stutter. You just laid there admiring him. He looked... so angelic. A gentle but gorgeous light shimmered behind him, probably from the sunlight shining through the window behind him, making him look holy. The boy then smiles so fondly towards you. You smile and slowly sit up, still staring deeply into his eyes. Suddenly, Minhyuk begins leaning in closer and closer to you. You felt your heart stop but, you didn’t try to budge. Instead, you closed your eyes and prepared for your first ever kiss. You felt shy, but not scared. The sensation... was magical.

BAM!

You suddenly awaken and the heavenly scenery disappears. You immediately sit up and stare in disbelief. “Was that’s dream?” You gasp. You unconsciously reach for your lips and gently rub a finger across them. “It was a dream...” You whisper to yourself in disappointment. You sigh and put your hand down. Why did you dream that, you thought? You closed your eyes and huff out in frustration. Minhyuk suddenly appears in your head and you immediately open your eyes back. With another huff, you clench your chest and sigh. “I think I know why now...”

“Know what?”

“ACK?!”

You jolt back and nearly fall off the bed when someone catches you, immediately wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you back up close to his chest. You clench the person and gasp. Your eyes had instinctively shut tight, so you didn’t see who it was until you slowly open your eyes. Looking up, your lungs halted.

Minhyuk

You froze and nearly stop breathing as you stare at him in absolute awe. Why was he here? How did he find you? Did he hear you? OF COURSE HE HEARD YOU! You scream internally and felt faint. Minhyuk looks down at you worriedly and tried to straighten you.

“Y/N?! You okay?!” He asks. Worry fills his eyes and there was also a look of shock. You look down and blush. Embarrassed to say anything, you thought for a minute and sigh. You push yourself away from him and stare down at the bed sheets blankly. Minhyuk stares at you worriedly and pouts. “Y/N?” He calls out to you. You do not answer, afraid that you’d say more unnecessary things. At this point, you were fully aware of why you were acting this way. Why you felt so weird around him. Why you enjoyed his company so much. It was obvious. Super obvious. And you didn’t know how to deal with it.

Sighing, you clench the bed sheet and exhaled the nerves. You had no idea what you were gonna do. What you were gonna say. But...

“You’re cute!”

You froze and sat there in absolute shock. Did... Minhyuk just?

“Y/N, I think you’re also super cute.” He speaks. You look up, expecting his usual smile, but no. Instead, you see the most beautiful, most handsome, most lovely, and most gentle smile ever. It was so serene. So light. So warm. You could see the gentleness and love in his eyes. The way his lips were lightly arched, almost to a smirk, and the way his eyes were gently lifted, he was looking at you with such warmth, you felt like you were in heaven. The tiredness, the pain, the embarrassment, the agony, everything, just disappeared. This smile. You have never seen it before but, you instantly fell in love with it.

“Minhyuk... I...” You finally utter. You pause, unsure of how to explain yourself. You have never done this before and at the moment, was terribly afraid of what was to come next after you were to speak. It was all so new. So foreign. But you wanted to do it. It may hurt. A lot. But...

“Minhyuk... I think...”

“Can I kiss you?”

O.o

Your mind immediately stops and the words he just said punch you right in the face. Your mouth was still in mid-gape and you felt your heart stop. Everything spun and your heart just stopped. Like, there was nothing. You were basically shook.

“Is that a yes...?” Minhyuk hesitatingly asks. You look up at him and try to answer. You didn’t know how to comprehend the situation and just staring wasn’t going to solve anything. But, you were just to overwhelmed to even move. You tried to speak, when he smiles again and laughs. “I like you too! Actually! I liked you when we first met!” He explains. Your jaw drops and you think you just died inside. He what?

Minhyuk chuckles and cups your face into his hands. “It was love at first sight!” He chimes. Leaning in closer he smirks. “I could tell that you were falling for me! I mean, I tried really hard to make you fall for me!” He smiles and bumps his forehead on yours. You stare into his eyes and bright red flushes your cheeks. You could not breathe and the warmth of his touch was melting you to mush. “I... um...”

Minhyuk drops his smile and looks at you with pleading puppy eyes. He looks so darn adorable, you could resist whimpering a bit. “Can I kiss you now?” He asks again, but this time with a puppy tone and pout. You don’t even think twice, and just nod your head. He smiles brightly and giggles. “Yay!”

And with that, the pretty boy’s soft lips were gently pressed against yours. It felt sensational. Magical. Almost heavenly. His soft lips and gentle touch was breath-taking! You were immediately lost in his kiss and Minhyuk quickly knew. Taking advantage of your vulnerability, he pushes against you a little harder and deepens the kiss. This sends loads of ecstasy through you and your mind just wonders off to LaLa Land. After another full minute of kissing, the pupper pulls away and smirks. You gasp for air and slowly look at him, who was still an inch away from you. You felt warm and soft, but a part of you gained energy and power.

Minhyuk hums and pulls you into a hug. “Yay! I have a girlfriend now!!” You take a moment to process “girlfriend” and once you do, you smile brightly and hug him back. “And I have a boyfriend now.” You say with a cheeky grin. Minhyuk nuzzles his head into your shoulder and gently sways you side-to-side in his arms. You sigh and pull him in closer. Earlier you were tired and drained. Now you felt refreshed and happy. You guessed you were right. Minhyuk, was the sunshine to your dark days. But now, he will be the sunshine to your everyday. 

“My own personal vitamin. Lee Minhyuk.”