The Birthday Surprise

Happy Birthday Ellie!

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun woke up extra early to prepare. It wasn’t every day that his girlfriend turned 19. He rushed to the bakery to make sure his order would come on time. Then he rushed to the ballroom that he rented to make sure it was clean. He wouldn’t be having a ball, but he had a great idea for a birthday surprise. He then spent the next two hours calling and texting their many friends to make sure that they would show up when needed. He was back before she even woke up.

Daehyun had been practicing how to make her favorite breakfast dish for a month. Himchan Hyung had been helping him learn. Together, they perfected the recipe and Daehyun was so excited. He made the breakfast for her and just as he walked in to the bedroom to give it to her, she woke up. Perfect timing, he thought.

Ellie sat up completely surprised to see Daehyun standing there holding a tray of food. He smiled at her, and her heart melted. He placed the tray on her lap and kissed the side of her head.

“Happy Birthday, Beautiful.” He whispered in her ear. Ellie blushed tomato red and smiled.

“Thank you. Did you order me food?” The food smelt delicious. She couldn’t wait to eat it.

“No. I made it myself. Just for you.” Ellie looked shocked. Had he really put this much effort just for her?

“Really? No way! Thank you, Daehyun!” Ellie put the try aside and hugged Daehyun tight. She really appreciated it.

“Yes. Now eat up. Your sister will be here soon to pick you up. She said something about spending the day with you?” Ellie laughed. She knew that he loved to spend time with her and often times got sulky when she spent the whole day away from him.

“Okay. Okay. Okay. I’ll eat fast and get ready. Wouldn’t want to keep her waiting!” With that, Ellie began to eat. Her eyes got wide and she paused for a moment. “Daehyun this is so good!” Daehyun looked pleased as Ellie began to eat more. When she finished, she went to shower while Daehyun cleaned up. Just as she was finished doing her hair, her sister walked in and practically dragged her out of the house. Daehyun waved and waited for ten minutes before taking off himself.

 

Five hours later

Ellie’s sister dragged her into a store and made her buy a onesie. She was completely confused as to why she was buying a puppy onesie. She was even more confused when she was asked to put it on and was then blindfolded. Her sister drove for a while before coming to a stop. She led Ellie through a couple of doors and then into a room. She stopped Ellie and took the blindfold off. The room was dark, and Ellie was so confused. Suddenly, the lights flipped on and everyone yelled “SURPRISE!”

Completely surprised and touched, Ellie began to tear up a little. Daehyun came up to her and hugged her. She hugged him back firmly before letting go to greet the people around her. The first up was Shan and Saadu.

“Happy Birthday, Elle!” They said in unison. They both hugged Elle and handed her wrapped presents.

“Thanks guys! I didn’t know you guys were flying out here! That’s so crazy!” Ellie was touched that her friends took the time to fly to Korea of all places.

“Actually, a big plane went and picked everyone up. Courtesy of Jung Daehyun, of course.” Ellie gasped and looked at Daehyun. He just shook his head and gestured to the next two people. Bada and Bella came up and hugged Ellie as well. They said Happy Birthday and gave Ellie two big presents. Next was Callie and Naomi. They were bickering as usual.

“Happy Birthday Ellie!” Callie yelled loudly. Ellie laughed because now she knew why she had to wear a onesie. She hadn’t noticed before, but everyone was wearing a onesie. Even Daehyun.

“Happy Birthday Elle.” Naomi said calmly, rolling her eyes at the hyper girl next to her. Naomi and Callie hugged Ellie and told her that they would give their presents to her later.

The party went on for a few hours before Daehyun stood on a stage Ellie hadn’t noticed before. He tapped on a mic and cleared his throat.

“Everyone. Can I have your attention please?” He scanned the room until his eyes fell on Ellie. “Ellie can you come to the stage please?” Ellie looked confused, but walked onto the stage anyways. Everyone went silent. “As you all know, Ellie turns 19 today. I threw this birthday party for her because I wanted everyone to be here for this.” Daehyun dropped to one knee and produced a velvet box out of his jacket pocket. “Ellie. Elle. I want you to know how much I love you. These last three years with you have been some of the best years of my life. You are honestly the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I could go on and on about what I love about you, but I think everyone is dying for me to ask already. Will you marry me?”

The room was silent as they waited for Ellie to reply. With tears streaming down her face, she shook her head. “Yes. Yes! Yes, I’ll marry you!” Daehyun grinned and stood up.

“Give me your hand. I almost thought you would say no.” He slid the ring on her ring finger and smiled. “I love you, Ellie.” Ellie smiled.

“I love you too Daehyun.”