Final.

Don't Listen To Them

Chenle sighed when he finished reading the company's recent profits.This wasn't supposed to be his future but his father decided he was the most suitable one after his older brother had decided to rebell against the old man.Chenle looked outside his bedroom window which viewed the front gates.He was about to turn away when the gates opened revealing a young man entering the premise with his bike.

Chenle's eyes widened in recognition and shot out of the room to welcome the man.

 

Lucas parked his bike carelessly in front of the mahogany front door.He won't be here long anyway.He ran a hand through his blond hair while talking on the phone with Yuta.

"What do you mean he only paid back half?! Look,I waited a whole damn week for that money and I'm not gonna sit still if he doesn't pay up the other 50 thousand!",his loud deep voice echoed through the marble halls.

"Hyung!!!",a high pitched voice sounded from the stairs followed by hurried steps.

Lucas brought the phone closer to his mouth, talking quieter but still with the same level of anger laced in it.

"Tell him I'll come and break his neck if he doesn't settle his debt by tomorrow".

He doesn't wait for an answer before ending the call. The hurried steps became louder when he sees his younger brother running towards him.A smile came on his face,quickly replacing the anger from before.

"Lele!",he hugged the younger tightly before pulling away. The older noticed Chenle was now almost as tall as him.

"Waah, you've grown.Have I been gone for that long?",he ruffled the boy's hair,earning a small giggle.

"Well it has been a month.Are you staying here?"

"Sorry,kid.I'm just here to get some of my stuff.Then I'll be out of here",he said apologetically.

Chenle pouted.He was hoping they could spend more time together.After Lucas was caught gambling by their father, he got himself into a big argument with him.It ended with him storming out of the house saying he didn't want to be any part of the family anymore thus leaving Chenle to inherit the company on his own.Their father was sick of Lucas tainting the family's name with his gambling,wild partying and misbehaviour that he disowned Lucas,thus making Chenle as the next heir of the company.But Chenle knows his brother was strong.He never faltered when he was kicked out of the house because he never wanted to be like his father in the first place.He wanted his own future and his own life.But because of that, the two had been spending less and less time together and Chenle missed those days when they were having fun together.Heck,he even missed the teasings he'd get from the older from time to time.

"Wanna help me pack?We could talk along the way and maybe tell me what you've been up to at school?",Lucas' heart melt when Chenle's eyes lit up.

The two packed some of Lucas' belongings while maintaining a conversation.Altough it's mostly just the younger talking excitedly about school and the older listening intently.It got to a point where Chenle was talking about when he was asked by a teacher who was the person he looked up to the most and he answered his older brother.

"Why? I didn't do anything though"

"Because you're brave enough to stand up to father and do whatever you want".

 So this is where it's going.

"He won't let you dance,huh?",Lucas guessed.

Chenle shakes his head, dejectedly.

"No,he thinks it's a waste of time"

Lucas felt anger bubbling up inside him.He clenched his fists to contain it.This is why he left in the first place.So that he doesn't have to listen to what that old man thinks is best for him.But he's also a bit guilty of putting Chenle into his spot when the boy clearly wants to be a dancer.If only he accepted his fate then maybe Chenle won't have to carry the responsibility and feel like straying away.

"I was thinking maybe one day I can run away and stay with you"

The older feels like a bad influence on him already.

"Are you sure? What about the company then?"

"Sicheng hyung can take it."

Dong Sicheng.Their cousin.His family's also the shareholder of the company.

Lucas smiled and pats the boy's head, wondering what did he do that made Chenle to even want to disobey their own father and follow his footsteps.

 

They were walking back to the front door when a tall figure stopped near them.Father.

"What are you doing here",his presence making the air tense.Lucas' clunched his fists hard,try not to lash out.

"That's none of your business",he stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind him.The man then turned to Chenle,his eyes hard of emotions.

"What did I tell you about talking to that useless brat?"

Brat? That does it.He crossed the line.For the first time Chenle raised his voice against him.

"He's not useless, he's my brother and I love him.I don't care what you think of him but I know that he's been a better family than you've ever been,father."

"How dare you raise your voice to me?"

The boy's eyes lit with determination,ignoring the question.

"Father,you always tell me what to do and try to make me be like you.Well guess what? I'm not gonna be like you."

"Chenle what are you saying?",he looked like he dreaded what's going to come out of the boy's mouth.

"I'm saying I'm gonna l live like Lucas hyung did and be a dancer.No matter what you say.",he finishes his sentence before sprinting through the front door, leaving his baffled father behind.

Lucas was warming up his bike's engine when his younger brother burst out the door,a smile on his face.

"I dropped the bomb",he said proudly.

Lucas returned the smile with his genuine one and ruffled the boy's hair again.

"That's my boy"

 

They were riding to Lucas's place with light hearts when Chenle spoke through the wind.

"Hey,you never told me what you do for a living"

"Oh,I work at a bike store",he lied but the younger wasn't ready to know yet that Lucas and his roommate,Yuta worked in a gang.At least,Chenle seems to be buying it.For now,he won't let his work interfere with Chenle's dream of becoming a dancer.One day he'll know just not now.And when that day comes,he knows Chenle would still believe in him.

After all,they are family.

 

A/n: I'M BAAACK.Finally after 3 weeks worth of exams...I need a long nap.But not before updating my other fic Metal heart(jaeno) and maybe a few more one shots.Btw thank you for reading